Sign in to follow this  
Zaphod

Not all leagues can be easy to win

Attention all Sharks and fantasy football enthusiasts. If you think you have the mettle to make a minimum three year commitment to compete against the best, then keep reading.

We are throwing down the gauntlet for new and old fantasy footballers alike. We have quite an assortment of players from old school to a fresh new crew this season making some noise.

The timing of this post is intentional. This isn’t your grandmother’s Yahoo league. FF is a year round sport. If you are interested, you go onto the waiting list and we fill spots every summer. Can you handle that? This is the most intense internet redraft league you will ever be a part of. If your pacemaker is starting to skip a beat, move on to the next thrilling “rate this trade” post. I am only seeking the most dedicated fanatics in the FF realm, that not only means all season long, but for at least 3 consecutive seasons. Other leagues, talk the talk. Here, we put you to the test.

We are in our seventh season of the Ultimate Fantasy Football Pyramid. Over 200 of the toughest hombres have already embarked on their 3 year journey. Many of them are now a smear on the bottom of the feet of those climbing over their cold carcasses on the way up the Pyramid. Still think you have what it takes? Do you secretly consider yourself one of the bigger sharks on these boards surrounded by guppies?

OK, if you have continued reading this far, you must either be a bit touched in the head or seriously interested. Here is a general outline of the pyramid:

This is a 6 league 72 person competition. In the first year you will compete against 11 other owners to try and win your SB. 2 other 12 team leagues will comprise the bottom tier of the pyramid. At the conclusion of the season only the top teams will get the opportunity to move up to the next tier. So not only are you out to win your own SB, but you are also competing against 35 other owners to move up a tier. If you are the top team for THREE straight years, you will be crowned the Ultimate Fantasy Football Pyramid Champion. If you lose that first year, you are banished from the competition for another 365 days. Have I mentioned that we take our FF seriously here?

Close your eyes and picture the following: Three years of intense competition and trash talking. Three years of drafting and managing one of the pyramid’s best teams. Three years and you are crowned the champion. You stand alone on a mountain of broken and bloodied bodies, the 71 other owners you used to call the competition. You laugh as no one is left to challenge your FF supremacy. Brings a tear to your eye doesn’t it? If all you feel at this moment is indigestion, then I would suggest a tour of something a bit more tame, like what's on PBS tonight.

And if that wasn’t enough, after winning it all, you get knocked down to the junior tier. I’ve tried telling you, this isn’t for pansies. Even when you win, you get your teeth kicked down your throat.

If you still haven’t left and think you have what it takes to make it to the top of the pyramid, then head on over to our message boards. There are only so many openings for the upcoming season and I am keeping a waiting list database on a first come first serve basis.

The following is a link to our message boards. We have all of our leagues hosted by myfantasyleague.com. If you have any questions feel free to ask, but please don’t post unless you are seriously interested. The reason this is one of the most sought after internet leagues, is the strength of our owners. We only accept the strongest and it’s best knowing going in, that you once you embark on your mission, you won’t have any friends on the inside.

It's a measly $10 a year to have the enjoyment of getting your head bashed in and possibly losing an organ. So head on over if you don't mind having your spleen handed to you on a platter...of course, considering these guys, it will probably have a bite out of it.

http://www.uffp.net/forums/

We still have some openings for those interested in starting their 3 year journey for the trophy. Come on over and sign up.

Interested - But:

- You mentioned in the rules: The exact date of the draft is not important but the league must reach a consensus. The commissioner will send out an email to all owners 1-2 weeks prior to the draft. All owners must confirm their active status and confirm the date and time of the draft.

I'm already in 4 FFL - Two Live Auction Keeper League Drafts: One in Lewisville, TX the other in Albuquerue, NM. The two other's are done Online.

So, a Draft Date is important to me, due to other Draft Date commitments.

AND - I want to draft my own players not the system!

Has a Draft Date & Time been established?

see post on UFFL site from t26treasurer - not sure which site you're answering:

copy/pasting:

This sounds like a great set up. I always have one active league with friends, have been on a waiting list for a competitive league at work and tried one or two free league (Yahoo, NFL,com etc) which I have found frustrating because of the high drop-out rate. Include me in.

Interested - But:

- You mentioned in the rules: The exact date of the draft is not important but the league must reach a consensus. The commissioner will send out an email to all owners 1-2 weeks prior to the draft. All owners must confirm their active status and confirm the date and time of the draft.

I'm already in 4 FFL - Two Live Auction Keeper League Drafts: One in Lewisville, TX the other in Albuquerue, NM. The two other's are done Online.

So, a Draft Date is important to me, due to other Draft Date commitments.

AND - I want to draft my own players not the system!

Has a Draft Date & Time been established?

Sorry, this one fell through the cracks. YOU decide the draft time and date along with the other 11 members in your league.

We do everything possible to make sure everyone gets to draft their own team. Including having an admin draft according to your plans for either a piece of or the entire draft.

We are filling the last few spots this week, so if you are interested, please head over as soon as possible and get signed up.

Thanks

see post on UFFL site from t26treasurer - not sure which site you're answering:

copy/pasting:

This sounds like a great set up. I always have one active league with friends, have been on a waiting list for a competitive league at work and tried one or two free league (Yahoo, NFL,com etc) which I have found frustrating because of the high drop-out rate. Include me in.

I think you will find this a more active, more difficult league than what you might be used to in other 'free' leagues. You are exactly the type of owner we need in the Pyramid to make sure of its continued success.

We are down to the last 3 spots. All dedicated, interested parties should head over to our forums and get registered as soon as possible.

Thanks.

We are down to the last 3 spots. All dedicated, interested parties should head over to our forums and get registered as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Registered as *34*. If there is a spot available I'm in.