Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

All screwed up

I laid down for a nap today. I wake up and I have no idea what the hell is going on. The sky is exactly like it would be at about 7:15 am. Weirder still, the neighbors parking? Everybody's where they're at if it was say 7 in the morning.

Power naps are good. But man, they can seriously mess with your head.

It's weird.... some people can nap and it rejuvenates them....if I nap I'm pretty much wrecked the rest of the day sluggish.

It's weird.... some people can nap and it rejuvenates them....if I nap I'm pretty much wrecked the rest of the day sluggish.

Yeah I can't nap. It would take me too long to fall asleep to make it worth it. If I do fall asleep mid day I feel tired the rest of the day. Naps are weird.

I laid down for a nap today. I wake up and I have no idea what the hell is going on. The sky is exactly like it would be at about 7:15 am. Weirder still, the neighbors parking? Everybody's where they're at if it was say 7 in the morning.

Power naps are good. But man, they can seriously mess with your head.

So what time did you fall asleep and what time did you wake up?

I'm like an eighty year old man when it comes to naps. 3 o'clock rolls around and my body just shuts off.

Yeah, if I lay down after like 3PM and I'm down longer than 30 minutes, I'll see you tomorrow.

Zzzzzzzzzz......

Yeah, if I lay down after like 3PM and I'm down longer than 30 minutes, I'll see you tomorrow.

Zzzzzzzzzz......

Exactly...it's like I've been roofied or something.

• Like 1

Don't nap longer than 20-30 minutes; otherwise you get into the deeper stages of sleep and are more likely to suffer sleep inertia (the grogginess you've described). Ultimately you need restorative sleep, incorporating the deep stages + REM, but these take 90+ minutes to enter and and harder to time waking in the light sleep cycles.

20 minutes for me then it's as if the battery is recharged.

This. But I have a job so I don't get to take them very often. :(

This. But I have a job so I don't get to take them very often. :(

My wife used to work with a lady who would take short naps at work during her breaks. She would hold her keys in her hand and just close her eyes. When she fell asleep, her hand would relax to the point that she would drop her keys. The sound of them hitting the floor would wake her up and back to work she went.

Thats one of the annoying things about working in China. Three and a half hour lunch and nap breaks.

I often have one class right before lunch and one right after. So I have to hang around for six hours to teach 80 minutes.

I have been summoned to the main office, an hour across town, for a planning meeting on Wednesday. I have to be there anyway in the morning for paperwork. But we cant have the meeting between 11:30 and 2:00 because its nap time.

Drives me crazy.