Sign in to follow this  
SuperSteelers

Brandon Coleman

Sounds like he will be getting first-team reps in the team's second preseason game. He's been pretty noticeable during camp. What can we expect from this guy this year. The situation looks pretty good. Drew Brees at QB, Sean Payton coaching em' up, Colston a year older and Jimmy Graham shipped to SEA. He's 6'6" and sounds like the perfect candidate for red zone targets. Did I mention they shipped Kenny Stills (who I like a lot) to Miami. So any NO fans around who can chime in?

He has the been on my deep sleeper list in keepers. He is a Colston clone. And Colston runs like he is in mud. I'm drafting him to be the WR2 on that team by week 6. That's my two cents as a saints fan

Now this is good information......a true potential sleeper, which is getting darn hard to come by.

With Colston being old and Graham gone, this kid could make some noise if he surpasses Looney Toon on the depth chart. Let's remember, Brees is gonna get his 4,000+ yards. Who's gonna be at the receiving end?

Here is a scouting report from NFL.com and a comparative analysis between Coleman, Benjamin, and Evans from Bleacher.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/brandon-coleman?id=2543642

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1976662-why-brandon-coleman-is-the-big-wr-bargain-of-the-2014-nfl-draft

• Like 1

Love this kid and the cat is nearly out of the bag, sorry Flagator. He's 6'6 and while not a burner, he's not a plodder. People concerned that Brees doesnt have weapons will regret saying that. Brees makes his own weapons and was chucking up top QB fantasy seasons before Graham got to town with total JAGs at wr.

Nick Toon has already been relegated to playing Eurekas castle with the Rugrats on the bench. He's JAG, Coleman is not. I'm targeting him as a wr3-4 with Wr2 upside. All the things we are saying about John Brown this year are things we will be saying about this kid next year.

Love this kid and the cat is nearly out of the bag, sorry Flagator. He's 6'6 and while not a burner, he's not a plodder. People concerned that Brees doesnt have weapons will regret saying that. Brees makes his own weapons and was chucking up top QB fantasy seasons before Graham got to town with total JAGs at wr.

Nick Toon has already been relegated to playing Eurekas castle with the Rugrats on the bench. He's JAG, Coleman is not. I'm targeting him as a wr3-4 with Wr2 upside. All the things we are saying about John Brown this year are things we will be saying about this kid next year.

Does that mean you would have no problem taking him over John Brown? I'm trying to find a round in which to target him. 2-3 keepers, 12-team league. Think 9-10th round would be sufficient?

Does that mean you would have no problem taking him over John Brown? I'm trying to find a round in which to target him. 2-3 keepers, 12-team league. Think 9-10th round would be sufficient?

Unless something major happens he likely isn't going to get drafted in many 12 teamers, I don't think. Round 13-14 is probably plenty safe. 9-10 is too early

Id take Brown before him but id have no problems around rnd 10. Honestly all the guys going from rnd 10 on are crapshoots anyway and there are no reaches to me at that time. You could take Brown, coleman, Funchess 10,11,12 and I wouldnt flinch.

Would you take Devin Funchess over Coleman with the Kelvin Benjamin news?

Heck Funchess has a hurting hammy . Who do they have left ?

Heck Funchess has a hurting hammy . Who do they have left ?

Philly Brown :bandana:

Sounds like a Blues Singer

Nice post. This guy wasn't even on my radar.

How many "McCoy" or "CJ Anderson" threads do we need. The purpose of these boards is to enlighten each other. I very much doubt many people are playing in the same league.

With the news of Benjamin who would you pick up

Brandon Coleman or Funchess

This is really a question?

I'll give you a hint: Who is throwing to each receiver? When you say both names aloud, if you don't figure it out instantaneously, take Funchess

Would you take Devin Funchess over Coleman with the Kelvin Benjamin news?

I wouldn't take Funchess at all. He's not a KB clone. He's tall and big, but he's not the same wideout.

I drafted him last night, pulled the trigger with higher ranked players on the board. Problem is he can't catch, but going on instinct he fits what the Saints liked about Graham and Colston, primarily tall with great wing span, ie mismatch.

Problem is he can't catch

- might be a wee bit of a problem for a wr, just sayin'

and what about the other kid, Jones? heard he was having a better camp ...

• Like 1

He's been having a great camp. He has drew throwing him the ball and he's as accurate as they come. The 6'6 height will help a ton with a QB like Bree's. Think this kid has a real chance to be special.

- ONE catch, on but FOUR targets thus far in this preseason.

yeahyeahyeah, it's only preseason, i dig it ... but, what's up Coleman lovers? :dunno:

Watched him in the preseason. He seems to like to catch with his body, and he doesn't seem to ever get seperation. That's allowing defensive backs to break up passes.

How many "McCoy" or "CJ Anderson" threads do we need. The purpose of these boards is to enlighten each other. I very much doubt many people are playing in the same league.

I don't think he was being sarcastic. I think he was genuinely saying, thanks for bringing someone to my attention. Relax Super.

If he can't beat out Colston, then he's not ready for prime time. Colston sucks.

Nivk Toon got cut...Coleman is the unquestioned 3rd wr there and will soon be splitting time or taking over for Colston.

There is a lot to like.

I watched some (but not all) of the tape. lots of times he got open, but the QB missed the throw. This (to me at least) would explain the low receiving numbers.

I saw some nice catches, but I also saw a couple of bad drops.

I think there is potential for sure, but he may need a year(possibly two) to polish his skill set.

He may be ready sooner, I guess it really depends on how quickly he picks up the NFL game and advances his game.

Based on what I did see, I currently see him as a WR3 on his own team this year, with some upside. He has WR2 potential, but may take some time getting there.

certainly a player to watch.

He's got question marks no doubt but last time I checked most sleepers do. He's got a chance to have a great situation which is exactly what you need.

Lol yea that's why they are called sleepers they have question marks .

The top QB's always make their own weapons.

Nobody had heard of Colston until brees started tossing him the ball.

a number of pittsburgh and Green Bay receivers put up huge numbers with Rothlisberger, Farve, or Rodgers, and then mediocre numbers elsewhere when they leave. Cruz was a nobody until Eli Manning started tossing him the ball.

the list goes on.

Having a great QB throwing you the ball is a huge advantage to a young WR. There are receivers who can overcome this and put up numbers regardless of the QB, but those would be the premium talents. Even then, if the QB is off target more than 50% of the time, it takes a hugely talented receiver to catch the ball and make something of the play.

just something to keep in mind. So yeah, if the kid has talent, Brees will make something out of him.

we shall see.

The top QB's always make their own weapons.

True.

Just dreaming of Sammy Watkins in New Orleans.

True.

That would be a dream come true.

which is why it wont happen.

True.

They have the better version of Sammy already. His name is Brandin Cooks.

They have the better version of Sammy already. His name is Brandin Cooks.

Hey, I'm all in on Cooks with his situation and abilities this year.....but I contend that he is no Sammy Watkins.

Also, back to Coleman......it seems that he does have the support of Brees, which is huge.

NO - WR Brandon Coleman praised by QB

Source: NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints WR Brandon Coleman has developed comfortability with QB Drew Brees. Brees said he is pleased with the training camp and preseason Coleman has had.