Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Fish recipe for Good Friday?

I dont believe Ive had monchong. I havent visited the west coast hardly. And not enough time to experience a lot of restaurants. Just went for my buddys wedding. But I plan on heading back out that way to visit them as well as eat at some good restaurants and visit wine country

I dont believe Ive had monchong. I havent visited the west coast hardly. And not enough time to experience a lot of restaurants. Just went for my buddys wedding. But I plan on heading back out that way to visit them as well as eat at some good restaurants and visit wine country

let me know

let me know

Definitely will. Of course my wife is extremely girly when it comes to drinks. She likes the sweet wines. Cant handle things like cabs or any of the dry wines. She likes the sweet white wines. Cant hardly get her to try the reds. So during wine tastings Im usually the one getting the full experience of it

All time favorite has and always will be tuna. Next would be catfish. I do like the other kinds of fish but being southern catfish just feels like home. And tuna is just flat out delicious. Especially bluefin tuna 🤤

Tuna is great for sure. Red Snapper too.

Catfish has to be done right. Not a fan of the traditional thick cornmeal batter.

Definitely will. Of course my wife is extremely girly when it comes to drinks. She likes the sweet wines. Cant handle things like cabs or any of the dry wines. She likes the sweet white wines. Cant hardly get her to try the reds. So during wine tastings Im usually the one getting the full experience of it

plenty of varietals to be had. food pairings should help her with less familiar wines.

Like Rieslings? Yuck.

Like Rieslings? Yuck.

rieslings are wonderful, just usually not on their own (many dry rieslings too)

Even worse. Moscatos lol

:nono: can be amazing with certain foods

:nono: can be amazing with certain foods

It can but thats almost all she drinks when it comes to wine. Im slowly expanding her world of wine but not by much. I have gotten her in to meads recently so thats a plus
  • Like 1

rieslings are wonderful, just usually not on their own (many dry rieslings too)

I usually think the people that geek out about food wine combos are pompous idiots.

But Reislings, gewürztraminer, and moscato are great with spicy or sweet Asian food, like Thai and spicy Chinese.

It can but thats almost all she drinks when it comes to wine. Im slowly expanding her world of wine but not by much. I have gotten her in to meads recently so thats a plus

My ex was like that too. She loved Icewein when Id try to get her drunk.

I usually think the people that geek out about food wine combos are pompous idiots.

sometimes. i like to help people push their boundaries with food and beverages. there is also a high probability that i have more experience with what i am talking about than 90% of the population and am strong within my field among my peers. if people only want to stay within their comfort zone that is there prerogative. i feel a professional obligation to provide information and options.