Sign in to follow this  
mahoney

Waiver Wire etiquette-Playoff Edition

In my league, each team is allowed regardless on wether or not in playoff run to make waiver picks. We have individual scoring prizes which they are in the running for(Only for weeks 1-13). This way, it keeps all teams vested in making each week competitive. Now once the actual playoffs begin(week14), only teams still active can make moves.

My two cents on this. Do the Patriots wait to pick up players until everyone gets a chance? Hell no and why should we. If you can block a pickup by grabbing a guy...I say go for it. Should you ask the other teams if they want someone? To me there is no etiquette. ..you do what is best for you to win as long as it is in the rules.

lastly waiver order stinks, period!! Best way is to have a fake buget $ amount (125) and eveyone secretly bids on players and you have a $1 minimum so if you miss manage your $$$ you are hosed we have been doing it for about 5years and its the best thing we could have done. Talk about another strategy to apply during the season!

Owners have a right to participate in teh WW regardless of standing until the very end of the season. In fact they have a duty to try and remain competitive throughout the end of teh year. Nothing worse than seeing a playoff rival face a team that's out of it that leaves a crappy lineup in instead of finishing out the year.

Okay, how about once the playoffs start?

Let's say: Team A loses in Round 1, and (as per our payouts) is officially eliminated from any money contention. Team B and Team C win through their brackets and will now meet in the SuperBowl. The teams that B & C just defeated will also play, but for 3rd place money. There is no 4th place money.

Now, it's an ESPN league, so the site still seems to put teams in consolation brackets despite them being eliminated. Team A drops a player, which is picked up by Team C for use in the SuperBowl. Anyone else see a problem here?

Shouldn't the commish be freezing rosters of teams that are out of money contention? (Not a keeper league)

Okay, how about once the playoffs start?

Let's say: Team A loses in Round 1, and (as per our payouts) is officially eliminated from any money contention. Team B and Team C win through their brackets and will now meet in the SuperBowl. The teams that B & C just defeated will also play, but for 3rd place money. There is no 4th place money.

Now, it's an ESPN league, so the site still seems to put teams in consolation brackets despite them being eliminated. Team A drops a player, which is picked up by Team C for use in the SuperBowl. Anyone else see a problem here?

Shouldn't the commish be freezing rosters of teams that are out of money contention? (Not a keeper league)

Yes, teams eliminated for money contention should not be allowed to be making moves. Is this a rule in your league or just your opinion? In the league I commish, I posted a message on the league page notifying owners that once you're knocked out of the money, they should refrain from making add/drops. If you're league doesn't consist of dooshnozzle's, it's pretty effective.

That's my $.02.

• Like 1

So....now what stops the other eliminated teams from dropping their BEST players for me to "borrow" in the SuperBowl? I haven't asked anyone to do it, yadda yadda yadda...

Seriously, how effing stupid would that be? Outright ridiculous, which is why I won't do it.

Commish hasn't answered any texts, and now the opponent's other D/ST has already played.

Kinda sucks to put so much effort into getting to the championship, and the commish lets it become a fustercluck.

So....now what stops the other eliminated teams from dropping their BEST players for me to "borrow" in the SuperBowl? I haven't asked anyone to do it, yadda yadda yadda...

Seriously, how effing stupid would that be? Outright ridiculous, which is why I won't do it.

Commish hasn't answered any texts, and now the opponent's other D/ST has already played.

Kinda sucks to put so much effort into getting to the championship, and the commish lets it become a fustercluck.

Curious as to what the add/drop was?