Sign in to follow this  
jrbdmb

The Flash Gordon Conundrum - Week 16 Edition

Any chance you start Gordon Week 16 with Johnny F*ckup the starting QB again? My mediocre RBs (Steven Jackson, Latavius Murray, Joe Randle) seem like better picks for the flex spot than Gordon, but I keep thinking how can I bench a stud WR?

Imagine Flash Gordon - Stud WR - having to play football on the gravity of Jupiter, and then realize that it really doesn't matter how much of a stud he is, if the ball weighs the equivalent of an F150.

• Like 1

- one can look at it this way:

he had roughly 45% (48 out of 107) of Cleveland's total yards last week, in what was an archaic display of "offense"

nowhere to go but up.

Imagine Flash Gordon - Stud WR - having to play football on the gravity of Jupiter, and then realize that it really doesn't matter how much of a stud he is, if the ball weighs the equivalent of an F150.

Yeah, but if that happens the only one capable of throwing him the ball would be Discount Double-Check Pumped Up Rodgers. And he doesn't play for Cleveland.

• Like 1

Yeah, but if that happens the only one capable of throwing him the ball would be Discount Double-Check Pumped Up Rodgers. And he doesn't play for Cleveland.

:lol:

Gordon will be on the bench again for me.

In my other league, as long as Julio plays, Gordon is bench. If Julio sits then Gordon is in.

Any chance you start Gordon Week 16 with Johnny F*ckup the starting QB again? My mediocre RBs (Steven Jackson, Latavius Murray, Joe Randle) seem like better picks for the flex spot than Gordon, but I keep thinking how can I bench a stud WR?

What stud Wr ? . I mean what has he done this season to be called a stud Wr ? . Nothing he is no stud Wr this season . This is why there is no luck in fantasy football , you must stop falling in love with a players past .

What stud Wr ? . I mean what has he done this season to be called a stud Wr ? . Nothing he is no stud Wr this season . This is why there is no luck in fantasy football , you must stop falling in love with a players past .

Enjoy playing in the championship game of your 4 team league dude.

I get to pick from gordon stills and lafell for both my WR slots... Just awesome!!!!

😰

No way no how does Flash get in my lineup with Little Johnny slinging it downfield. I just don't trust little Johnny. Do you?

My issue is this.. Was starting Ashlon over Gordon..now with clausen at the helm..makes Johnny look better.

It's really unfortunate that it was so horrendously bad last week. I want to roll Gordon out, but I can't bring myself to do it with the dumpster fire that they are putting at QB.

I'll be rolling with Jarvis Landry at my flex instead of Gordon. :dunno:

It's really unfortunate that it was so horrendously bad last week. I want to roll Gordon out, but I can't bring myself to do it with the dumpster fire that they are putting at QB.

I'll be rolling with Jarvis Landry at my flex instead of Gordon. :dunno:

Same. I'd really like to start him and him go off so i could make myself right for holding him all year, but I can't do it. Oh well

It's risky....but I'm rolling him out again. He got over half of Manziel's total yardage Sunday. If Johnny can somehow scratch out 200+ yards, then Gordon is good to go.

My issue is this.. Was starting Ashlon over Gordon..now with clausen at the helm..makes Johnny look better.

I hear ya. I have to start Alshon with Cutler benched and Gordon with Hoyer benched. I still have Antonio Brown, so I fully expect Big Ben to be benched for Landry Jones so that my humiliation is complete. :cry:

How could this be a conundrum? If you have a viable WR with an NFL QB, that has to be your option. Gordon doesn't.

How could this be a conundrum? If you have a viable WR with an NFL QB, that has to be your option. Gordon doesn't.

Does Moncrief qualify if TY Hilton is inactive?

Does Moncrief qualify if TY Hilton is inactive?

Probably borderline, but I'd rather have Luck throwing to a traffic cone than anybody reliant on Manziel's ability to get him the ball. Yes, Gordon is always a candidate to break that long gainer that makes everything look ok. I just don't see anything to indicate it's going to happen with Manziel completing 50% of his 8 yard passes.

ETA: Now reporting Hilton is a maybe, so Moncrief might not be your best bet. Nobody else ?

He is now only start able if you get points for how good a guy was last year.

Don't really have any better options. Probably being stubborn but g0ddamnit I stashed this muthafocka on my bench all focking year. Time to make me look like a genius! Or more likely a pathetic tool.

It's him or Charles Johnson so I think I am going Gordon because of his potential. I would be more pissed leaving Gordon's points on the bench.

It's him or Charles Johnson so I think I am going Gordon because of his potential. I would be more pissed leaving Gordon's points on the bench.

I'm going with Charlie. I need his 12 to 18 points.

Hoping Johnny goes back to his A&M days and realizes Gordon is his new Mike Evans and just starts chucking him target after target.

That's what he's done - and gotten intercepted on the regular.

Hoping Johnny goes back to his A&M days and realizes Gordon is his new Mike Evans and just starts chucking him target after target.

Chucking and ducking is pretty much all he's done so far. Hasn't worked out so good for Gordon or anyone for that matter.

F' it. Don S. is right. I didn't stash Gordon for the entire year just to sit him Championship Week. Was leaning towards Latavius Murray for my flex, but just switched to Gordon.

Time to either win or go down in flames.

Update - went down in flames. At least the extra 6 points Murray would have gotten me would not have made any difference.

F' it. Don S. is right. I didn't stash Gordon for the entire year just to sit him Championship Week. Was leaning towards Latavius Murray for my flex, but just switched to Gordon.

Time to either win or go down in flames.

Ended up going with Moncrief, who made Gordon look like a superstar today. Thankfully it didnt factor into my game either.

Started Flash and won the ship

(played against Luck)