Sign in to follow this  
DallasJones

Burkhead or Lewis Going Forward?

As a Gillisliee drafter/dropper, I've been chasing the NE RB saga. Which is better going forward in a Non-PPR league?

Why? Did you miss out on the Redskins saga the past few years? lol. That being said, My team, I'd probably go Lewis in standard and Burk in ppr.

It probably depends on the week and Belichick's mood.

It seems like that, but it's very much depend on each defense they are facing.

Also, James White should be in the PPR conversation.

As a Gillisliee drafter/dropper, I've been chasing the NE RB saga. Which is better going forward in a Non-PPR league?

Get out of that situation.

I think J White will be the one to own going forward.

I'm in the same boat. I've been trying to decide between Burkhead and Lewis in a .5ppr. Also a M. Gillislee owner. The Pats have the #1 easiest rush schedule via FantasyPros. It's just so difficult to determine how they're gonna divide the workload each week, but they should steamroll Oak, Buf (2x), Mia (2x) and the Jets. The only tough matchup is against Pitt week 15. Would you really be surprised if Gillislee runs for 3 TD against Buffalo?

I grabbed Burkhead in two leagues this week ( .2 and .5 ppr ). In the half-point league I chose to go after him over Lewis. I like Lewis better this week, and he's a solid guy rest of schedule, but Burkhead might get 6-12 carries and 3-7 catches each week. Even in a non ppr, yardage totals should be similar to Lewis, and I like his chances for red zone scores (from the 5-10 yard line) if the defense takes away Gronk.

Lewis or Gillislee should get true goal-line carries, and I could be wrong and White gets the looks I just described above for Burkhead, but I think Rex gives the Pats the most versatility in those situations because he is a quality power runner when needed and White hasn't been. He hides what they will do a bit better.

All that said, it's New England and you don't even know who will be in the game plan week to week. White only saw 11 snaps last week and Gillislee was inactive. This week either could see heavy usage. Some of us are forced to gamble on this backfield, but unless you have to, I'd try to avoid it.

J White.

It's his time of the season for him to be used by the Bill.

Same as every year:

Brady, Gronk, and Gotskowski.....that's it

Remember trying to figure out who Rat Face was going to play every week? Belicheck is like Rat Face on steroids.......Mighty Rat Face!

I spent two years in a row trying to figure the NE run game out. Didn't do well either year, and stressed too much each week. Not getting involved this year--and doing much better in record, and not having that mess to worry about makes me feel better too :)

Ive learned avoiding the Patriots back field in fantasy adds years to your life.

My answer would be Lewis though.

None. Apparently my league knows to avoid New England RBs too as Burkhead and Dion Lewis are still on the waiver wire.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilleslie is activated and plays again.

Burkhead's rise has killed White. White has achieved a season low in snaps for 4 straight games (culminating in 11 snaps last week). RIP James White.

J White is the pick.

Burkhead's rise has killed White. White has achieved a season low in snaps for 4 straight games (culminating in 11 snaps last week). RIP James White.

This is a little like Cunningham/ Cohen. It was a false positive.

• Like 1

This is a little like Cunningham/ Cohen. It was a false positive.

Pretty much this, if you look at the consistency, White is the pick.

You can't start White if he's only on the field for 10-15 plays/game. His 12pt PPR average is nowhere near sustainable.

He's gone over his 12 points per game in ppr two of his last three games and four of his last six.

I think he's still the one too own.

Just not today, of course.

Are you a bot? You post like one.

No I just play one on tv.

No you don't, you only think you do.

Unless he gets the ball.

10-15 playes can produce ff points if he would indeed be given the ball.

But once again they didn't do just that.

Lewis looked really good and was cutting very good in today's game.

His TD in the first qtr was an amazing move.

James White is nowhere close to having the skill set to consistently produce on 10-15 snaps. Nobody is sitting around Foxboro drawing up plays for James White.

Sure he does.

And if the Bill wants too he will sit around drawing up playes for him.

Sure he does.

And if the Bill wants too he will sit around drawing up playes for him.

Well, he certainly did for the Superbowl....

He was in for 71 plays in the Superbowl. All he needs to do is increase his current usage by about 500% and we'll get the same production. (fingers crossed)

I agree with weepaws generally that White has been the Patriots most useful back from a fantasy player's perspective. I've happily started him most weeks But the downward trend in snap/routes-run/touch counts so alarmed me that I sat him this week. And after yesterday's near goose egg, I can't tell you when I'd have the confidence to start him again. But I'll keep him a while for depth and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see his usage trend back up

Speaking of upward trends in usage, I started Burkhead yesterday in DFS......and didn't have much to show for it. Can't mess around too much in the Belichick RB beehive without occasionally getting stung, I guess.

So true.

You can count on a confessed ff owner when counting on a Patriots Rb.

Burkhead fumbled the ball early. Pats recovered, but he wasn't back in until later in the game and was an afterthought... Funny i was saying to myself on the opening runs, 'just hold onto the ball' and the idiot drops it and it prob now in the doghouse

There is a well known answer that all people who play FF know. NE will never have a consistent game to game RB for FF while Belichek is coaching that team. And you will never know who will get the carries in the next game until after the game..