Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

How do you like your coffee? Definitely not black!

A very wise man once said that you can't talk your way out of a ticket, but you damn sure can talk yourself into one.

So focking true.

Dumb spiked hair NIG just said he realizes they DID NOT follow the rules. Consequences can suck some times.

The point is, has anyone ever been arrested for this? Has a white person ever been arrested for this? Because it was a couple of black men, that's why the cops were called. But idk if they were being obnoxious or what

A very wise man once said that you can't talk your way out of a ticket, but you damn sure can talk yourself into one.

Friend of mine's wife was speeding home because she was feeling extremely nauseous. Cop pulls her over. She explains. He says too bad. She asks to get out of the car to puke. She pukes outside the car. Cop still writes the ticket. Ass wipe cop

Friend of mine's wife was speeding home because she was feeling extremely nauseous. Cop pulls her over. She explains. He says too bad. She asks to get out of the car to puke. She pukes outside the car. Cop still writes the ticket. Ass wipe cop

Drunk driving :nono:

The point is, has anyone ever been arrested for this? Has a white person ever been arrested for this? Because it was a couple of black men, that's why the cops were called. But idk if they were being obnoxious or what

Arrested for trespassing? Pretty sure a white person has.

So now these guys are saying they were there for a business meeting they'd been working on for months that could change their lives. If I set that up and it was so important I'm pretty sure I could splurge for a $3 cup of coffee so that my "conference room" was still available to me.

• Like 1

So now these guys are saying they were there for a business meeting they'd been working on for months that could change their lives. If I set that up and it was so important I'm pretty sure I could splurge for a $3 cup of coffee so that my "conference room" was still available to me.

They were waiting for Djgb and his BIL. It's all coming together.

I have all my life changing meetings at Starbucks too. Has never let me down.

Arrested for trespassing? Pretty sure a white person has.

Waiting for an associate in Starbucks is trespassing? lol

It is once you've been told to leave. :dunno:

If you have been instructed to leave it is. :dunno:

If you have been instructed to leave it is. :dunno:

The whole point is that Starbucks wouldnt have asked them to leave in the first place if they didnt fit a certain profile. Neither would the cops have cuffed and removed them.

The whole point is that Starbucks wouldnt have asked them to leave in the first place if they didnt fit a certain profile. Neither would the cops have cuffed and removed them.

Not arguing that. Just saying that when they were arrested, they were trespassing. :dunno:

The point is, has anyone ever been arrested for this? Has a white person ever been arrested for this?

Arrested for what?

That's an assumption on your part. Maybe the reason you don't hear about white people getting arrested for it is because.......if you ask them to leave if they're not buying anything they actually leave. It's not like these guys were arrested without warning. They were told a number of times, by both Starbucks and the police, to leave. If they'd simply have listened they wouldn't have been arrested. Is this that difficult to understand?

Perhaps the employee experienced cognitive learning which led to the profiling, which turns out to have been justified.

Im pretty sure that when the Panera employee said something to me at lunch time quite a few years ago because I was on my computer taking up a table while they were crowded, that had I refused to order or leave and did the same when police came, I would have suffered the same result as these guys.

Life and obeying societys rules doesnt have to be as hard as people can sometimes make it.

That's an assumption on your part. Maybe the reason you don't hear about white people getting arrested for it is because.......if you ask them to leave if they're not buying anything they actually leave. It's not like these guys were arrested without warning. They were told a number of times, by both Starbucks and the police, to leave. If they'd simply have listened they wouldn't have been arrested. Is this that difficult to understand?

I understand that they were asked to leave, and if they complied they wouldnt have been arrested. What I dont understand is why a business that allows people to work there on laptops all afternoon soaking up free WiFi for a cup of coffee cares that two guys are sitting there waiting for a friend for 30 minutes.

I understand that they were asked to leave, and if they complied they wouldnt have been arrested. What I dont understand is why a business that allows people to work there on laptops all afternoon soaking up free WiFi for a cup of coffee cares that two guys are sitting there waiting for a friend for 30 minutes.

Only one of the groups in your example are customers. Had the other group bought something, they could have enjoyed the same hospitality.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Any good coffee shops in fishtown? Perhaps that would be a good business venture for you. Maybe someone on here has a BIL that's great with businesses and could take you under his wing.

Only one of the groups in your example are customers. Had the other group bought something, they could have enjoyed the same hospitality.

So a $3 cup of coffee buys you unlimited office space and WiFi but wait for 30 minutes without buying anything and Starbucks asks you to leave and calls the cops if you dont.

Seems like a weird policy to me. :unsure:

I really hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Any good coffee shops in fishtown? Perhaps that would be a good business venture for you. Maybe someone on here has a BIL that's great with businesses and could take you under his wing.

yah I hope he can, and then he can get his honorary BLM membership badge

So a $3 cup of coffee buys you unlimited office space and WiFi but wait for 30 minutes without buying anything and Starbucks asks you to leave and calls the cops if you dont.

You are welcome to open your own coffee shop and let as many free loaders occupy the store as you want. I'm sure it will be hella successful!!!

You are welcome to open your own coffee shop and let as many free loaders occupy the store as you want. I'm sure it will be hella successful!!!

Darn those freeloaders taking advantage of Starbucks shelter and heat for 30 minutes while waiting for someone to show up. :mad:

Darn those freeloaders taking advantage of Starbucks shelter and heat for 30 minutes while waiting for someone to show up. :mad:

I'm dizzy keeping up with your girations. Bwahahahaha! Douche

Darn those freeloaders taking advantage of Starbucks shelter and heat for 30 minutes while waiting for someone to show up.

How do you know it was 30 minutes? Did the friend show up?

How do you know it was 30 minutes? Did the friend show up?

I had read it was 30 minutes but cant recall the source. In the original article it says the friend (who is quoted) showed up and is on video telling the police that the men were waiting for him but they cuffed and detained these guys anyway. Theres also a quote from a Starbucks official saying the stores are community hubs where people show up to hang / use the WiFi without actually buying anything ie buy something or leave is not Starbucks policy.

Looks like Strike and Alias Detective were 100% wrong.

I have never been in a Starbucks. And now I know I never will.

I had read it was 30 minutes but cant recall the source. In the original article it says the friend (who is quoted) showed up and is on video telling the police that the men were waiting for him but they cuffed and detained these guys anyway. Theres also a quote from a Starbucks official saying the stores are community hubs where people show up to hang / use the WiFi without actually buying anything ie buy something or leave is not Starbucks policy.

It appears they have no policy at all about loitering, which I suppose means it's up to the manager.

It appears they have no policy at all about loitering, which I suppose means it's up to the manager.

Im sure corporate is delighted with this managers judgment call. :D

Im sure corporate is delighted with this managers judgment call. :D

Yeah, since he the 1st manager ever to kick someone out. Fact is, while it's a snowflake nightmare, everyone did everything right. Customer wouldn't leave, police called, customer removed peacefully.

Yeah, since he the 1st manager ever to kick someone out. Fact is, while it's a snowflake nightmare, everyone did everything right. Customer wouldn't leave, police called, customer removed peacefully.

Franchise apologizes, police decline to prosecute... they hit a home run with this one. :D

Franchise apologizes, police decline to prosecute... they hit a home run with this one. :D

Hopefully these guys show Starbucks and never have a meeting there again.

I have never been in a Starbucks. And now I know I never will.

I met a headhunter at one once. I don't drink coffee so I didn't have anything. She did though. Thank god or we might have gotten arrested!!!

In the movie The Founder, about Ray Kroc, McDonald's, they go into Kroc saying the problem with Hanburger stands back then was too many people hanging around and not buying anything. He designed his first restaurant to prevent that type of behavior. It was 1950's suburban California. I guess that was racist too, wanting to keep all those white freeloaders away?

Yeah, but Penny, this is where you and all the other apologists always end up. Well it's not everybody!

So, since it's not everybody, we can't have a discussion about it. We can't recognize majority themes and trends and so nothing can be done to speak truth.

Remove the log out of your eye then we can talk about the speck in my eye.

I read an article that said they said it went down like this:

1. They show up at 4:35 for a 4:45 meeting.

2. One asks for the restroom code. Manager says it's for customers only.

3. At 4:37 a call is logged with the police

4. Cops show up and they're dumbfounded.

Sounds legit to me. Black dudes walk in. No one asked them to buy something or leave. They just went straight to 911 2 minutes after they walked in.

I read an article that said they said it went down like this:

1. They show up at 4:35 for a 4:45 meeting.

2. One asks for the restroom code. Manager says it's for customers only.

3. At 4:37 a call is logged with the police

4. Cops show up and they're dumbfounded.

Sounds legit to me. Black dudes walk in. No one asked them to buy something or leave. They just went straight to 911 2 minutes after they walked in.

Link to article? Who defined that timeline, the black guys?