Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Dads with daughters.

You don't even know what's going on from the outside. That's why you're called a "LOSER". ;)

Christ....what alias is this?

Had the same situation and unless he's abusing her, nothing you can do. My daughter eventually saw the light after TWO losers and is now dating someone that appreciates and respects her. Believe me, I tried but my wife had to hold me back on several occasions from speaking my mind to those ass clowns.

These are mistakes they just have to make and realize for themselves.

It might be time you introduce her to the gc.

Doesnt sound like shes totally irredeemable... yet

I wouldnt be so hard on her. The heart can make us blind. As a dude didnt you ever stay with some kvnt much longer than you should have because it was hard to let go? Especially at that age.

It's different with daughters. I know liberals don't believe there is a difference, but nature feels there is. As does every guy with one. Well, every man with one. If you don't have one, you don't know.

Can we get a description of looooser boyfriend to form a mental image of him. Does he wear his pants down to his knees, sideways flatbrimmed hat and smoke swisher sweets????

Can we get a description of looooser boyfriend to form a mental image of him. Does he wear his pants down to his knees, sideways flatbrimmed hat and smoke swisher sweets????

she's dating Kanil :o

Long story short. My daughters 21. Been dating a complete loser for 3 years. Two months ago, she dumps the scumbag. (Christmas miracle)

Last week, I guess he says he'll change his ways and she says. My hearts with you, I've always loved you.

And boom, back together. My wife and daughter are really close, mother/daughter, like sisters type blah blah blah. So she knew last week. I get the news broken to me today.

Wife is not happy. I'm beyond p!ssed.

I probably didn't handle my daughter telling me to well. Pretty much just said good f0cking luck, and went downstairs to get a beer. I was ready to explode, so I actually caught myself, so maybe it was handled well. I don't know.

Any of you cats ever had to deal with your kids pieces of sh1t significant others?

Yup. They started dating in high school but he was a year older. He was her first love and told her they were going to get married and sh!t. Way too much, way too fast. Then he went off to college, focked around on her, got busted, broke up; but she already applied and been accepted to the same school, with a nice scholarship to boot. So now they go to the same smaller school and he still texts her and sh!t just enough to keep her hanging on. She still thinks he's going to straighten up and do right and maybe he will but I hate to see her burn her college years on this azzhole. I've kinda handled it like you, pretty much hands-off and "Let me know how this works out ya." :rolleyes:

Another crappy part is he's one of my best friend's kids so it kinda make sh!t awkward with us too since he knows I think his kid is a little d!ck-head.

It's some FBG tard, following SloNuff around.

Its weird how obsessed they are with him. Eminently forgettable poster imo

The on again off again thing is annoying as hell. They will break up again, don’t worry. But she will also be pregnant so they will get back together. Then break up again and guess who takes over and raises the kid most of the time? Enjoy.

Parrot.

You need to beat up your friend.

Actually he loves my daughter and thinks his son is a dumbass for focking it up too. But I still have to bite my tongue not to bad-mouth the kid every time his name comes up.

Actually he loves my daughter and thinks his son is a dumbass for focking it up too. But I still have to bite my tongue not to bad-mouth the kid every time his name comes.

I have a hard time buying this. If that were my son, I'd light him the fock up.

Why are the guys without daughters chiming in?. Nobody asked you.

Hey man, I could have daughters. I could have lots of them. I just don't know.

• Like 1

My little sister went through a whole string of losers. I mean drug dealer who hit her in one case.

We found out that he hit her, and they were broken up over it. But she'd have gone back. She was already pining. My brother and I went to his work, and made it clear that if we ever heard his focking name again, he would deeply regret it. He ended up beating up his grandmother and being shot and killed by his grandfather.

Anyway, eventually she pulled her head out of her ass. She invited a guy to the house for a holiday function, and said she though this was the one. I went and met him with low hopes.

Turned out to be a great guy and perfect for her. I knew he was a keeper when he said something to the effect of, "I want to punch your real dad in the face for how he treats her."

Anyway, my point is, you just gotta ride it out. Hope that she doesn't make semi permanent mistakes first (marriage or baby.)

Women seem to have laser focus for these abusive Dbag types. The odd part is how they are always crawling back in the picture or just always around. Why don’t they ever move on or get a life? My wife’s sister was knocked up by some psychotic who stalked and threatened etc. How come they don’t just get lost? Move on man.

I feel your pain. Daughter is 18 in first year of college. Has been dating this loser -- non college guy --she worked with at a restaurant. The wife and I know that we need to bite our tongue and just let her realize for herself what a dipsh1t this guy is. If we said anything she'd probably stay with him longer out of defiance.

This dude made a great first impression: knuckle tattoos (HOPE/LOVE) and a wigger flat brim baseball cap. During xmas dinner he made some comment that maybe he'd go to school to become a history teacher "if only the school district would respect the rights of free willed individuals with tattoos and piercings". Jesus Christ -- you have focking hand tattoos and gauges, it's not like you're a protected religion! Free will allows them to say piss off.

I thank the Lord everyday that he only gave me what I can handle.

Sons.

I don't think I'd be able to raise a daughter.

If I had a daughter she would have 36D for you creeps out there.

:lol:

I feel your pain. Daughter is 18 in first year of college. Has been dating this loser -- non college guy --she worked with at a restaurant. The wife and I know that we need to bite our tongue and just let her realize for herself what a dipsh1t this guy is. If we said anything she'd probably stay with him longer out of defiance.

This dude made a great first impression: knuckle tattoos (HOPE/LOVE) and a wigger flat brim baseball cap. During xmas dinner he made some comment that maybe he'd go to school to become a history teacher "if only the school district would respect the rights of free willed individuals with tattoos and piercings". Jesus Christ -- you have focking hand tattoos and gauges, it's not like you're a protected religion! Free will allows them to say piss off.

Ugh... I feel for you man. Kudos for welcoming him to your Christmas dinner. :cheers:

Ugh... I feel for you man. Kudos for welcoming your daughters baby as a single mother to your Christmas dinner. :cheers:

FIFY

FIFY

Eh... do you have daughters? Of sexual age? If not, go sit in the corner while we discuss this. :cheers:

If she never really sings any praises of him, but just has sympathy for certain things and defense of him for his traits that are called out, then deep down she knows he isn't the guy for her.

She might be pretty oxytocin bonded with him though. Mix that with three years of friendship essentially, at the base too, and that's a potent mix. Hmm, all I can suggest is having a candid heart to heart where you 'touch base' with her on what you, as a husband and father, think makes an honorable man. Don't do comparisons, just elaborate on a mentally itemized list and let her know it's your great hope for her that if she ever wants to get tied with a man, that's the kind of stuff he's made of.

Eh... do you have daughters? Of sexual age? If not, go sit in the corner while we discuss this. :cheers:

Yeah genius...you need to have sex age girls to be an expert on where this is headed.

If he, you or me were experts...he wouldn't have a girl dating a shiithead and living at home in the first place.

Long story short. My daughters 21. Been dating a complete loser for 3 years. Two months ago, she dumps the scumbag. (Christmas miracle)

Last week, I guess he says he'll change his ways and she says. My hearts with you, I've always loved you.

And boom, back together. My wife and daughter are really close, mother/daughter, like sisters type blah blah blah. So she knew last week. I get the news broken to me today.

Wife is not happy. I'm beyond p!ssed.

I probably didn't handle my daughter telling me to well. Pretty much just said good f0cking luck, and went downstairs to get a beer. I was ready to explode, so I actually caught myself, so maybe it was handled well. I don't know.

Any of you cats ever had to deal with your kids pieces of sh1t significant others?

Two daughters: 19 and 15. They're pretty different human beings. The first one is an uber overachiever; the whole package. Literally best at everything; you'll never find a more well-rounded human being, but with that you get someone who is extremely intense and serious - at least while she's pursuing her goals. She's had only short-lived relationships (2) in high school; none so far in college (no time/not found someone 'good enough'). Both of her BFs in HS were the elite athlete type; neither proved "smart enough" for her, though the first one is still a good friend (plays football for Michigan). The younger one is much more laid back: sweeter/bigger heart. Both are incredible; they continue to make me proud. Here is my (rough) blueprint for how to raise incredible daughters:

1. Demonstrate that you love them in every way you can. Regular hugs/kisses/saying you love them and are proud of them, etc. Mean it. Girls that get physical affection from their fathers do not seek it nearly as much in other ways as girls who are not raised in an affectionate household.

2. Take them out on 'dates' during their formative years. Open and hold doors for them; act the gentlemen. This teaches them what to expect from their eventual life partners; they will not accept anything other than gentlemen who treat them correctly. Treat your wife as you want your daughters treated by their significant others, because that's exactly what is going to happen. You are extremely influential over their decisions, mostly subconsciously.

3. Set expectations of academic (and athletic) excellence. Teach the importance of having and valuing goals. Teach them to avoid instant gratification in favor of long-term happiness. Teach them to be leaders; to be role models. Volleyball was that medium for my family: both my girls excelled in the sport (still do); both were/are team captains. Both were varsity as freshmen. Neither succumb to peer pressure; they set the expectations in their respective circle of friends. They are admired. They carry themselves in a way which attracts others to them.

4. Give them a very long leash. I was very conscious to not institute restrictive rules regarding curfew; I simply told them what I preferred, and left it to them to do the right thing. This is not something instinctive to my wife; she regularly wanted to be restrictive (things like forbidding my youngest to see her BF while we were away on vacation). I am of the belief that kids will get away with what they want to get away with; 'forbidding' something in many cases almost always ensures more severe abuse of that same thing. Doing the opposite, though, results in a far better outcome. So, in cases like that, I simply advise what I would prefer, and always tell my girls to be aware of the right thing - and hope the right thing is what they choose.

5. No physical punishment. Ever. Not necessary; extremely psychologically harmful (IMO). More is accomplished with a sad look and an expression of disappointment than anything else - if you're doing everything else right.

6. Be open about alcohol. I never forbade my oldest daughter drink at parties; I followed the same above template: be self-aware and know what is right and wrong about having drinks. They were different, growing up. When my oldest first started showing interest in a beer I was drinking, for instance, I had her try it. She did, and immediately wrinkled her nose, and lost interest. Not so with my youngest; she loved it. I'll have to be a bit more aware of the behaviour of my youngest, I believe. My oldest, however: extremely responsible. Never loses control.

Recognize that your daughters - if you raise them correctly (my version of that: see above) - will choose someone who fits their perception of you. Daughters often marry men who remind them of their fathers. If you do something wrong, however, alternative paths can happen.

Now: to apply all this in retrospect to your daughter who is with the fockstick.

I think at this point there is only one thing you can do: make it easy for her to be with him. I firmly believe that demonstrating resistance to the idea creates the exact opposite outcome you prefer, whereas (nearly) encouraging a continued relationship with the guy may in fact result in a quickening of her awareness that he is not ideal for her. You always want what you cannot have, and 'dad' has more say over such a thing than nearly anyone else in her life.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Yes.

God damn you got a good memory!

And that was even when I thought he might be an ok kid.

Hard to believe with all the brain cells I've fried over the years. You don't forget a thread like that though :wub:

If I had a daughter she would have 36D for you creeps out there.

:lol:

Well would you please get on that, then? :angry:

The on again off again thing is annoying as hell. They will break up again, don’t worry. But she will also be pregnant so they will get back together. Then break up again and guess who takes over and raises the kid most of the time? Enjoy.

You're a bad person!

Lol