Sign in to follow this  
Cretins

Talk some sense into me

Alright guys. Talk some sense into me here please.

I drafted DeAndre Hopkins late in my keeper league draft. Next year he's eligible to be kept in the 11th round. After he posted some nice numbers early in the season his keeper potential looked really nice. Since then .. he hasn't done so well and I kind of feel like he's burning a roster spot that I could really use for a new QB (Ryan and Pryor just don't excite me right now). Yet for some reason I keep holding on. I just can't seem to shake the feeling that I'm going to regret dropping him. Like he's going to explode as soon as he hits free agency.

What do you think? Will he have breakout potential over the rest of the year, or have we seen enough to know that he won't be anything special this year or next? He doesn't hit me as the breakout player that I thought he might be before the season started. Over the past couple of weeks I was banking on an improvement once Keenum took over, but he seems to be completely locked in on AJ.

I'm probably stuck in the classic case that I'm valuing him higher than he's worth because I drafted him.

Foles, Keenum and Cutler (this will piss off the guy that dropped him and just lost Rodgers for a few weeks) are the three that jump out at me. I'm thinking I'd drop Pryor and Hopkins for Foles and Cutler, assuming I can get Foles with the #3 waiver. Seeing as the Vick owner is sitting with the #2 priority, I'm not going to hold my breath though.

There are lots of other QBs that I'm not too interested in that are available too like Flacco, Tannehill, Smith, Palmer, Glennon, Ponder, Freeman, Clemens, Buff QBs, etc etc etc. They're more matchup based that I'd play by ear.

you've kept him this long ...,keenum seems to love AJ ..,but teams will adjust leaving deandre with the targets which mean a potential break out

If you are counting on consistent production this season, go ahead and drop Hopkins. Otherwise, I would practice some patience and hold. History is filled with talented WRs who took a year or even two before breaking out, especially when starting opposite an aging stud (and AJ isn't getting any younger): TO behind Rice, Wayne behind Harrison, Jennings behind Driver...... (just to name a few off the top of my head)