2 replies to this topic

#1 BlackPlague

BlackPlague

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

Any advice?

Still not sure about my final lineup for today's championship. QB and RB are locked in with Rodgers and L Bell/D Murray. What do yall think about my WR, TE, and Flex? Typical Yahoo PPR scoring.

Start 2 WR: M Thomas, B Cooks, M Crabtree

Start 1 TE: M Bennett, E Ebron, A Gates

Start 1 Flex: One of the WRs above or Spenser Ware.

Thinking of going Thomas/Cooks, Bennett, and Ware at Flex. It just makes me nervous having a lot of eggs in the NO basket. I'm also irrationally scared of the Denver defense with Ware (I know teams have run on them).

Gates needs 3 TDs to get the TE record and with Cleveland this week and KC next week, with nothing to play for standings-wise, I can see Rivers feeding him heavy today to try and get him a couple TDs. I know Bennett is the smarter play but I just have a hard-on for the Gates record. Seems really dumb, I know.

#2 IMMensaMind

IMMensaMind

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

Any advice?

Still not sure about my final lineup for today's championship. QB and RB are locked in with Rodgers and L Bell/D Murray. What do yall think about my WR, TE, and Flex? Typical Yahoo PPR scoring.

Start 2 WR: M Thomas, B Cooks, M Crabtree
Start 1 TE: M Bennett, E Ebron, A Gates
Start 1 Flex: One of the WRs above or Spenser Ware.

Thinking of going Thomas/Cooks, Bennett, and Ware at Flex. It just makes me nervous having a lot of eggs in the NO basket. I'm also irrationally scared of the Denver defense with Ware (I know teams have run on them).

Gates needs 3 TDs to get the TE record and with Cleveland this week and KC next week, with nothing to play for standings-wise, I can see Rivers feeding him heavy today to try and get him a couple TDs. I know Bennett is the smarter play but I just have a hard-on for the Gates record. Seems really dumb, I know.

I'd have the same concerns you do, so here are my answers:

1. Thomas/Cooks if you think that the rest of your team is better than your opponent's (and judging by your QB/RBs, I'd say it is). That way, you GUARANTEE some decent output. My gut as to the best combo amongst those three is Thomas/Crabtree though, but not by much (concerned about Carr with his hand injury). I don't think I like the idea of chasing Cooks points after his huge week.

2. Gates, Ebron, Bennett - in that order.

3. I'd play Ware over the remaining choices. I think he's due for a better game than he's had of late, and can see quite a few dumpoffs passes to him today.

Mine:

http://www.fftodayfo...howtopic=462673

#3 Jgunz12

Jgunz12

FF Geek

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

Crab & Thomas: As you said, I don't like putting everything into one game and Crab will give you a decent floor with potential for higher as Colts/Raiders could be a shootout.

I'm okay with Gates, but I would go Bennet next playing the lowly jets D. Just consider that SD could be running a lot.

Flex: I'd get Cooks in there if you're looking for that home run.