Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Who the hell is Gus Edwards

Read on another site that he never ran for more then 750 yards during his cf days.

K Johnson suffered a injury he’s out Thursday game almost for curtain.

And I don’t know how bad it is at this time, but if you have room the Big man Edwards could be worthy.

I mean as long as Jackson is at Qb no Ravens wr should be started.

But a rb like Edwards could be.

Why Edwards and not Collins though?

As a Collins owner, I would also like to know why. All the "experts" had Collins in their top 12 this week. THIS was the week he was supposed to light it up.

THIS was the week he was supposed to light it up.

For him, he did.....technically

• Like 1

Hot hand is all the answer I can give

It happens.

He'll be the top add this week

I think your right polecatt, but that’s when you know he won’t even touch the ball even once next game.

• Like 1

As a Collins owner, I would also like to know why. All the "experts" had Collins in their top 12 this week. THIS was the week he was supposed to light it up.

Also a Collins owner, heard that they are tired of him dancing in the hole and not running North-South. Harbaugh praised Edwards for doing that after the game so I'm afraid Collins underwhelming season is about to get worse.

Harbaugh also said we have four players that we can count on.

That’s not good news for ff owners.

So now sale WRs and Rbs that play for the Ravens.

If you can I know my trade deadlines have past, and I don’t think there will be any takers anyway.

• Like 1

The experts arent at the practices, in the facility, or even talk to the coaches. Hell most experts didnt even play the game nor are insiders of any sort.

Fantasy is a crapshoot for the most part. Another example of why right here.

Also a Collins owner, heard that they are tired of him dancing in the hole and not running North-South. Harbaugh praised Edwards for doing that after the game so I'm afraid Collins underwhelming season is about to get worse.

Collins also has a fumbling issue.

The experts arent at the practices, in the facility, or even talk to the coaches. Hell most experts didnt even play the game nor are insiders of any sort.

Fantasy is a crapshoot for the most part. Another example of why right here.

I'm not even sure what your point is. :dunno:

I'm not even sure what your point is. :dunno:

That the experts dont mean much when it is a crapshoot. The experts didnt know any more than you or me or aunt sally what the Ravens coaching staff was going to do with their RBs for the game.

• Like 1

Baltimore gets Oakland at home week 12 at atlanta 13 and another creampuff week 14 can't remember. Im thinking of benching dion lewis vs Houston for Gus if Fagggo is inactive

I'm weak at RB and have the #1 Waiver Priority. Hunt is on a bye this week and I need to win 1 of the next 2 to lock up first round bye. I've been holding the #1 for a couple of weeks, and I need to drop Kupp and Fitz before the playoffs. Is this the week to roll the dice on this Edwards guy? Or should I try to get a piece of that Rams offense by picking up Reynolds, even though he's on a bye?

Luck, Fitz

Hunt, Howard, Duke, Lewis, Latavius, Gio

Hopkins, Evans, JuJu, Kupp

MacDonald, OJ

Cowboys

Prater

I don’t think I would bother

I don’t think I would bother

picking up Gus? or starting him? or both weepaws

I will most likely chicken out and start dion lewis but man he has been horrid lately. got 5 ppr points vs texans last time they played.

Edwards is just another body on my pile of highly volatile options for Flex; Coleman in a game the Falcons are likely to be trailing big against a Saints D that is shutting down the run; Cohen with his decreasing snap counts in a game the Bears will likely be leading big; Kenyan Drake...no explanation needed.

picking up Gus? or starting him? or both weepaws

I will most likely chicken out and start dion lewis but man he has been horrid lately. got 5 ppr points vs texans last time they played.

I doubt I'll get him because I'm 9-2, but I put in a waiver in one league tonight to drop Lewis and add Gus. Trying to add him in another league too.

It is no coincidence that Gus started his first NFL game exactly the same game Lamar Jackson did. Both players have a string of very favorable matchups ahead of them.

I doubt I'll get him because I'm 9-2, but I put in a waiver in one league tonight to drop Lewis and add Gus.

Same record - same move.

Every year a dark horse comes outta nowhere, and it might as well be Galloping Gus. I just can't stand any more of D. Lewis' underperformances....and Henry has been getting a little more burn each week.

Sorry but I just don’t think so m

They still have to many other Rbs, it’s going to be the hot hand approach with the Ravens.

But hey I could be wrong, and he’s the upstart.

But I’m betting against it.

Sorry but I just don’t think so m

They still have to many other Rbs, it’s going to be the hot hand approach with the Ravens.

But hey I could be wrong, and he’s the upstart.

But I’m betting against it.

It's dicey, at best. Most often these things don't work out, but when they do.....look out. Collins did come in and take over last year after basically being on the streets.

I'm not holding my breathe, but decent leveraging move for playoff-bound teams....or teams needing a what-the-heck miracle.

Collins did come in but I don’t now think he actually took over.

Dixon went down and Collins and Allen really split things up between them.

Collins had 212 rush att and Allen 153.

And the Ravens did Pick up Ty Montgomery and it’s yet to be seen how he might fit into the situation once he picks up the offensive plays.

But again I can agree with you, Big Gus could be that shining light going into the playoffs.

18 Carries, 95 yds , 1 TD for Big Gus this weekend... Collins is suddenly stricken with Crohn's disease and retreats to the locker room for shelter

I gave it a flier and dropped Ito Smith for him. I have decent RB depth so its worth a shot. If nothing else, to prevent someone else from making their team stronger. If it doesn't work out, no real loss.

Harbaugh is fighting for his job.....has oakland. should be able to stay conservative and run it down there throat. Lamar should have around 15 carries not 27. Which should keep Gus in the 15-20 range of carries. All speculation but did see vegas had lamar over under at 18 carries 87 rush yards.

Hoping Harbaugh who talked positive about Gus will continue to ride the hot hand. North South runner.

However if Flacco is back which i doubt that changes things.

Yes I'm rambling. 5-6 need a win bad

I gave it a flier and dropped Ito Smith for him. I have decent RB depth so its worth a shot. If nothing else, to prevent someone else from making their team stronger. If it doesn't work out, no real loss.

Your waivers processed already?

Harbaugh likes Edwards because he's a physical, no-nonsense downhill runner. He doesn't fiddle around in the backfield like the Lord of the Dance does.

Edwards is also a better fit with Jackson in the Run/Pass Option plays.

18 Carries, 95 yds , 1 TD for Big Gus this weekend... Collins is suddenly stricken with Crohn's disease and retreats to the locker room for shelter

Rolling with the Gus in DFS only 5300 on Fanduel, giddyup...

Baltimore gets Oakland at home week 12 at atlanta 13 and another creampuff week 14 can't remember. Im thinking of benching dion lewis vs Houston for Gus if Fagggo is inactive

I spent $150 of my FAAB to get on the Gus Bus. I love the schedule, and I also got to block the Gurley owner from picking him up to fill in for #30. Still starting Kamara, Ingram and Adrian for Week 12, though the Edwards Oakland matchup is tempting.

If Edwards is indeed the starter, he could be a league-winner.

I'm in on the Gus Bus bandwagon. Could be the RB lotto winner for the playoffs. I burned my #1 priority on the hope.

Obviously uncertain at this point, but if Gus becomes the bellcow RB for Balt in the FF playoffs, the matchups are there for him to put up top 10 numbers. That should be enough for me to bring home the trophy.

C'mon Gus, take this opportunity and get the job!

Harbaugh also said we have four players that we can count on.

Thats not good news for ff owners.

So now sale WRs and Rbs that play for the Ravens.

If you can I know my trade deadlines have past, and I dont think there will be any takers anyway.

I think that is coachspeak. They are not going to play 4 RBS. They haven't even been playing Allen recently. They say that to keep everyone motivated.

I think the style of Edwards fits. They should be able to control the game and wear out the Raiders front 7. Once Balt is up I think they just pound and scale back Lamar's running.

He won't catch passes so he is a no in ppr. In standard I think he is a strong flex play.

Got him, should have started him instead of Howard... hoping he pans out in the not too distant future