:headbanger:

You really got me :dunno:

EVerybody wants some!

Right now?

When it's love.

Ain't Talkin' Bout Love

Unchained

blood bath

I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard...

• Like 1

I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard...

Quality choices :headbanger:

I'm the only Hagar fan :(

No, I bet most of us like Sammy, in my case, I just like Dave better.

The world was so much better before the first split.

Van Halen > Van Hagar

Sammy Hagar Solo > Sammy Hagar as a singer in a band

I will admit that Hagar was a better choice than Drunken Eddie Van Halens first attempt at replacing Roth.....Patty Smyth

http://rockinsights.com/rock-insights-news/89393

Van Hagar...

:first:

Spicoli didn't blow his reward money (for saving Brooke Shields from drowning) hiring VAN HAGAR to play his birthday party!

• Like 1

I'm the only Hagar fan :(

this. I saw sammy play on his own, in VH, and with HSAS. The show i saw on his own may have been the concert with the most energy i have seen. He had no opening act and played for 4 hours.

he made some good music with VH, but VH was better with DLR

I'm just going to say it. I hate David Lee Roth. If he was black everybody would think the same way. (See Kanye) . Just an ego driven talentless thin skinned hack all about drawing attention to himself without working very hard.

Face a couple truths. First, if Hagar was there before Roth, everybody would hate Roth because it wasn't the original. And 2nd? Only time Van Halen got any sort of commercial or critical success was without David Lee Roth.

Having said all that? From my time at Live Nation, every one of those guys are f****** little b******. I'd rather try to organize menstrating sorority girls than these f******.

Eddie Van Halen maybe a stellar guitarist, but he's a bigger b**** than Kelly Ripa going through menopause.

I'm just going to say it. I hate David Lee Roth. If he was black everybody would think the same way. (See Kanye) . Just an ego driven talentless thin skinned hack all about drawing attention to himself without working very hard.

Face a couple truths. First, if Hagar was there before Roth, everybody would hate Roth because it wasn't the original. And 2nd? Only time Van Halen got any sort of commercial or critical success was without David Lee Roth.

Having said all that? From my time at Live Nation, every one of those guys are f****** little b******. I'd rather try to organize menstrating sorority girls than these f******.

Eddie Van Halen maybe a stellar guitarist, but he's a bigger b**** than Kelly Ripa going through menopause.

A swing and a wiff

The highest-charting Roth-led Van Halen album was a #2, and it took until 1984 to snatch that. (He repeated the deuce in 2012 with A Different Kind of Truth.) [3] Roth's highest-selling Van Halen albums were Van Halen (17 million) and 1984 (17 million). Hagar's topper was 5150 (11 million).May 21, 2015

:lol:

A swing and a wiff

The highest-charting Roth-led Van Halen album was a #2, and it took until 1984 to snatch that. (He repeated the deuce in 2012 with A Different Kind of Truth.) [3] Roth's highest-selling Van Halen albums were Van Halen (17 million) and 1984 (17 million). Hagar's topper was 5150 (11 million).May 21, 2015

From your own quote.

Roth never cracked number one. Van Hagar hit number one with all four albums.

Again from your own quote. 5150 sold 11 million albums. At a time when album sales were on the decline by the way. Now take all of Roths sales and divide that by the number of albums that were released. It's basically 57 million divided by 8 which is about 7 million dollars per album. Hagar? 11M on one alone.

_-----

So, your quote is sort of right in the absolute. At best.

Honestly curious about Grammy's as well. Don't know the answer.

But all you have to do is Google Van Halen and meltdown to see the video of how toxic they were together. And what a Roth is.

You figure, Roth had eight swings at the ball and at best got to number one once out of four times. Hagar had four swings and got the number one four out of four times. Says a lot.

I'm guessing this Cherone listing is the guy who replaced Sammy? Never heard of him. I love Sammy but as far as VH goes I like the songs DLR sang better than the stuff they came out with when Sammy was in the band.

A swing and a wiff

jesus, right?

Whoever you vote for, just know that Tommy Gavin will try to have relations with him

I don't Fvck dudes that Fvck other dudes. Or something like that.

:nono:

I'm guessing this Cherone listing is the guy who replaced Sammy? Never heard of him. I love Sammy but as far as VH goes I like the songs DLR sang better than the stuff they came out with when Sammy was in the band.

Cherone was in between DLR and SH - I think.

Cherone was in between DLR and SH - I think.

David Lee Roth to Hagar to sort of DLR(his big mouth screwed it up) to Cherone to Hagar to DLR to present.

There's only one Van Halen - the rest are cover bands. :roth:

Unintentional funny comment considering how many covers they did with DLR.

• Like 1

From your own quote.

Again from your own quote. 5150 sold 11 million albums. At a time when album sales were on the decline by the way. Now take all of Roths sales and divide that by the number of albums that were released. It's basically 57 million divided by 8 which is about 7 million dollars per album. Hagar? 11M on one alone.

_-----

But all you have to do is Google Van Halen and meltdown to see the video of how toxic they were together. And what a ###### Roth is.

You figure, Roth had eight swings at the ball and at best got to number one once out of four times. Hagar had four swings and got the number one four out of four times. Says a lot.

Spin it however you want now. But you said the ONLY time they had any commercial or critical success was with Hagar.

The only single that ever reached number 1 was Jump. (Arguably their worst song of all time).

It was nominated for a Grammy but didnt win

Carnal Knowledge won a Grammy.

But as far as critical success, VH 1 is generally considered a ground breaking album that introduced the world to the brown sound. Its also known for ushering in an era of rock music that was actually entertaining again.

From your own quote.

_-----

But all you have to do is Google Van Halen and meltdown to see the video of how toxic they were together. And what a ###### Roth is.

When the first Van Halen album was released the top two albums by sales that year were the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and Grease soundtrack. That's kind of funny.

:thumbsup:

I'm so damn old I saw Sammy in 1979 at Arrowhead Stadium(Summerjam '79) when he opened for The Cars,Heart and Ted Nugent.He absolutely rocked,Bad Motor Scooter was one of the highlights.