Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Scientology TV

Anyone watching? Comes out monday!

If it comes out Monday, how could we be watching? :dunno:

• Like 2

Scientology is all the proof you need that Hollywood is full of complete idiots and shouid never be listened to.

• Like 2

Well, I checked the schedule for Scientology TV. Right now it's just a back-to-back marathon of Battlefield Earth.

Scientology is all the proof you need that Hollywood is full of complete idiots and shouid never be listened to.

Meh. Volcano based space aliens, Jewish carpenter born to a virgin who could walk on and transmute water and rose rose from the dead.

You say potato, I say 🥔.

Meh. Volcano based space aliens, Jewish carpenter born to a virgin who could walk on and transmute water and rose rose from the dead.

You say potato, I say .

Does anyone argue that Jesus didn't exist?

Does anyone other than Scientologist argue that Xenu does exist?

You say potato, I say 🥔.

Every chance you get. For a smart guy you sure can be stupid.

Heh, Jewish Carpenter. The closest thing to a Jew doing blue collar work is Bernie Madoff's Prison outfit.

Does anyone argue that Jesus didn't exist?

Does anyone other than Scientologist argue that Xenu does exist?

There is very much a debate whether or not Jesus actually existed.

Heres just one of many links and books on the subject.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/18/did-historical-jesus-exist-the-traditional-evidence-doesnt-hold-up/?utm_term=.c73f2d3f1838

The book I read about it seemed to take the view that the biblical Jesus is something of a composite of several figures compiled together.

But there is no mention of Jesus of nazereth or the events told in the Bible other than the Bible, which was written much later. The Romans being pretty good record keepers and historians, that is odd.

And of course, even if such a person did exist, it is another leap entirely to go from there to son of god etc.

Much of the Jesus story was outright plagiarized from the story of Mithras, an ancient Persian hero/diety. Right down to details like being born under a unique star witnessed by Shepards, to being killed by being nailed to wood.

And December 25 was his birthday too. Weird. Mithraic worshipers also partook of a symbolic meal in remembersnce of him. He had a last supper with his twelve deciples, was crucified and placed in a rock tomb, and around the spring solstice, aka Easter, was risen.

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristianity.html

There are similarities between Jesus and the Egyptian god Horus too.

Basically, next to nothing in the Bible is original, most of it was borrowed from other popular cults of the age. The only reason Christianity won out is that Constantine the great made it the official religion of Rome, thus wedding one cult to power.

Every chance you get. For a smart guy you sure can be stupid.

I was just making the point that those who believe fervently in patently ridiculous bullsh!t shouldnt throw stones.

Glass houses and all that.

I was just making the point that those who believe fervently in patently ridiculous bullsh!t shouldnt throw stones.

Glass houses and all that.

You're really attempting to compare Scientology to Christianity? . You know, most, no almost all Christians don't believe Jonah lived in a whale and all the other nonsense in the Bible. They kind of get it that it was written as a book of stories told to make a point. It comes down to what Jesus said, and I don't think too many people no matter what you believe have a problem with his teachings.

Titans, I brought up Horus in the November Thread about the Texas mass shooting at the Baptist Church. Guess who Horus Baby Daddy is? Yep, that's right, Isis. That can't be a coincidence.

Here's 10 other figures that resemble Jesus before Jesus was reported to have been born.

http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/

If you'll notice, a lot of them have that whole virgin birth thing going on. I think that's just some horny bitches refusing to take responsibility. Gee, some things never change. So in a way, you could consider the Virgin birth thing pretty much the world's first me-too movement.

Darn God! He made me pregnant! He's just like Harvey Weinstein!

There is very much a debate whether or not Jesus actually existed.

But there is no mention of Jesus of nazereth or the events told in the Bible other than the Bible, which was written much later. The Romans being pretty good record keepers and historians, that is odd.

So, mr. Smarty heretic, how do you explain those God damn Footprints in the Sand?

You're really attempting to compare Scientology to Christianity? . You know, most, no almost all Christians don't believe Jonah lived in a whale and all the other nonsense in the Bible. They kind of get it that it was written as a book of stories told to make a point. It comes down to what Jesus said, and I don't think too many people no matter what you believe have a problem with his teachings.

They believe In the virgin birth and the resurrection. Most also believe in the loaves and fishes, water into wine, and walking on water. Oh, and Lazarus being raised from the dead.

I mean, comparatively speaking, aliens living in a volcano is entirely plausible.

The only story in the Bible that has some truth behind it is Noah and the flood. Just the flood part, not the Noah part.

Every single "ancient" civilization, including all native American tribes have a flood story. Then couple that with the new evidence about the asteroid that hit 12,000 years ago and melted much of the thick sheets of ice covering north American and northern europe/Asia, and you can see why.

I mean, comparatively speaking, aliens living in a volcano is entirely plausible.

They stole that from the captain pike episode of Star Trek.

They believe In the virgin birth and the resurrection. Most also believe in the loaves and fishes, water into wine, and walking on water. Oh, and Lazarus being raised from the dead.

No, almost none of them do. We kinda get it that Mary was pure, and had a natural childbirth. It's so funny that you think these are the subjects that are drilled down every for the hour a week people attend church. It's hardly mentioned , if ever. But continue your ignorance, it's obvious that you need someone to point a finger at.

No, almost none of them do. We kinda get it that Mary was pure, and had a natural childbirth. It's so funny that you think these are the subjects that are drilled down every for the hour a week people attend church. It's hardly mentioned , if ever. But continue your ignorance, it's obvious that you need someone to point a finger at.

Huh. Thats funny. Its all right there in the apostles creed, probably the second most common prayer in Christianity. Every church Ive ever set foot in (Methodist, baptist, Presbyterian, others) chants it weekly.

I believe in God, the father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.

He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.

He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended to the dead.

On the third day he rose again.

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the Holy Catholic Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting. Amen.

And youre saying you think most believe that Mary had a natural childbirth? They arent Christians then, as the divine inception and the resurrection are the two core beliefs of the religion.

And no, I have no burning crusade against Christians. I just find it funny how you mock every other fairy tale cult.

Huh. Thats funny. Its all right there in the apostles creed, probably the second most common prayer in Christianity. Every church Ive ever set foot in (Methodist, baptist, Presbyterian, others) chants it weekly.

I believe in God, the father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.

He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.

He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended to the dead.

On the third day he rose again.

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the Holy Catholic Church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting. Amen.

And youre saying you think most believe that Mary had a natural childbirth? They arent Christians then, as the divine inception and the resurrection are the two core beliefs of the religion.

And no, I have no burning crusade against Christians. I just find it funny how you mock every other fairy tale cult.

I didn't see any christians taking all those things you think they do literally. Have never seen anyone stone their slave or one of their wives. Muslims on the other hand.....hence the mocking. Deservedly so. never mind my wish for their destruction.

I didn't see any christians taking all those things you think they do literally. Have never seen anyone stone their slave or one of their wives. Muslims on the other hand.....hence the mocking. Deservedly so. never mind my wish for their destruction.

So youre saying Christians dont believe Jesus was born of a virgin?

They dont believe hes the son of god?

They dont believe he died and was resurrected to sit at the hand of god the father almighty?

Focking news to me. Im not talking about the things that can be called parables, like Jonah and the whale. Im not talking about the old Jewish laws that you can argue are there for historical background.

Im talking the central core tenants of the faith. Youre saying people dont believe those things are literally true?

So youre saying Christians dont believe Jesus was born of a virgin?

They dont believe hes the son of god?

They dont believe he died and was resurrected to sit at the hand of god the father almighty?

Focking news to me. Im not talking about the things that can be called parables, like Jonah and the whale. Im not talking about the old Jewish laws that you can argue are there for historical background.

Im talking the central core tenants of the faith. Youre saying people dont believe those things are literally true?

Some do. Most don't. And no one is kicking them out or calling for their deaths if they do. Do you know that the divinity of Jesus is still debated within Catholicism? It is. And nobody gets thrown off of a roof.

Some do. Most don't. And no one is kicking them out or calling for their deaths if they do. Do you know that the divinity of Jesus is still debated within Catholicism? It is. And nobody gets thrown off of a roof.

Lol. Whatever. You are either deluded or a liar.

Jesus being the son of god born to a virgin and risen from the dead is what Christianity is. There isnt a single Christian Church out there that doesnt have that as the doctrine. And I guarantee well north of 90% of Christians believe it.

And no, whether or not Jesus is divine is not debated in the Catholic Church. The nature of his divinity is. Meaning how the trinity is made up. The same debate theyve been having since the council of Nicea a millennia and a half ago.

Jesus being the son of god born to a virgin and risen from the dead is what Christianity is. There isnt a single Christian Church out there that doesnt have that as the doctrine. And I guarantee well north of 90% of Christians believe it.

And no, whether or not Jesus is divine is not debated in the Catholic Church. The nature of his divinity is. Meaning how the trinity is made up. The same debate theyve been having since the council of Nicea a millennia and a half ago.

You obviously were subjected to redneck Christianity. Those of us that live in modern society have a more sophisticated view than the folks in rural Tennessee. You shouid really expand your tiny little little backwards sample size.

This. Easily, very easily north of 90% of Christians believe in all the magical fairy tales, including adults here at this board. Water into wine, resurrection, Noahs ark, Jonah and the whale, all of it. Yes its cringe. People love to try and skate by saying no they are just metaphors, everyone knows that. Lol nope sorry, every member of your church believes the Bible is word for word fact, just ask them. Its all or nothing, you cant believe some but not all. Debunk one word of the Bible and the whole thing is debunked. So sad, sorry.

Scientology is same thing only invented thousands of years later. There are adult humans who believe in Xenu alien magic overlords etc, the whole 9 yards.

This is very interesting. Philosophically only of course. The notion of debating divinity is comical to me. We gonna debate if Merlin the sorcerer could cast spells next? But its an interesting wrinkle.

This. Easily, very easily north of 90% of Christians believe in all the magical fairy tales, including adults here at this board. Water into wine, resurrection, Noahs ark, Jonah and the whale, all of it. Yes its cringe. People love to try and skate by saying no they are just metaphors, everyone knows that. Lol nope sorry, every member of your church believes the Bible is word for word fact, just ask them. Its all or nothing, you cant believe some but not all. Debunk one word of the Bible and the whole thing is debunked. So sad, sorry.

Scientology is same thing only invented thousands of years later. There are adult humans who believe in Xenu alien magic overlords etc, the whole 9 yards.

Pure nonsense. You're better than this.

At least if youre Christian or Muslim the centuries give your faith some ... gravitas? If youre a Scientologist there are entire documentaries about how the whole thing is a cult invented by an ascot wearing failed sci fi author last Wednesday.

Pure nonsense. You're better than this.

I do think those core beliefs are mandatory to call yourself a Christian. You simply must believe in a few fantastical things that are factually impossible. Perhaps Im wrong and its more evolved and nuanced than that. For example, I believe you cannot believe in evolution (a proven fact, Im saying believe just for kicks) and be a Christian.

I do think those core beliefs are mandatory to call yourself a Christian. You simply must believe in a few fantastical things that are factually impossible. Perhaps Im wrong and its more evolved and nuanced than that. For example, I believe you cannot believe in evolution (a proven fact, Im saying believe just for kicks) and be a Christian.

Oh boy. I could only wish the homily and the Bible readings every Sunday were as interesting as you guys make it out to be. Evolution, fantastic tales of Giants and Whales that people live in, stoning unruly servants. How come I end up counting ceiling tiles all the time?

Where are you guys getting your stats? Are you even Christians? Or is this the usual anecdotal evidence you provide as proof?

Comparing Christianity to Scientology is about as ridiculous as one can get. However, I don't see you disparaging Islam every chance you get. I wonder why?

Where are you guys getting your stats? Are you even Christians? Or is this the usual anecdotal evidence you provide as proof?

Comparing Christianity to Scientology is about as ridiculous as one can get. However, I don't see you disparaging Islam every chance you get. I wonder why?

Im an atheist and I think all religions are equally bogus. I do not consider any one of them different than another. This is an extremely shortsighted view, Im aware.

Because I am taking to Christians, not Muslims. Their story is the same as the Christian one. The Jewish holy book is act one. The Christian one is act two. The Muslim one tacks on act three, and the Mormons three in act four.

Stats? As to Christians who believe Jesus is the son of god, was born to a virgin, and rose from the dead? All of them. Thats what Christianity is.

Fock, Christmas and Easter pretty easily show that.

I know HT wants to paint it that Jesus is just a tony Robbins type figure to his hip church, but its bullsh!t.

Every organized Christian Church holds that Jesus is the son of god, conceived of the Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit, crucified and risen from the dead as salvation for our sins.

Savior? Redeemer? Blood of the lamb? Any of this ring a bell?

Ive sat through countless services of a dozen different denominations all over the place. Those are the beliefs that make a Christian a Christian.

Now, you wanna use Jesus supposed teachings as a philosophy and throw out all the magic stuff? Fine by me, and Im cool with that.

Slaves

Hebrews born to serve, to the pharaoh

Heed

To his every word, live in fear

Faith

Of the unknown one, the deliverer

Wait

Something must be done, four hundred years

So let it be written

So let it be done

I'm sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written

So let it be done

To kill the first born pharaoh son

I'm creeping death

Now

Let my people go, land of Goshen

Go

I will be with thee, bush of fire

Blood

Running red and strong, down the Nile

Plague

Darkness three days long, hail to fire

So let it be written

So let it be done

So let it be written

So let it be done

I'm creeping death

Die by my hand

I creep across the land

Killing first-born man

Die by my hand

I creep across the land

Killing first-born man

I

Rule the midnight air, the destroyer

Born

I shall soon be there, deadly mass

I

Creep the steps and floor, final darkness

Blood

Lamb's blood, painted door, I shall pass

So let it be written

So let it be done

So let it be written

So let it be done

I'm creeping death

True that lefties would never say anything disparaging to a Muslim about their faith, even though Islams ridiculous, violent teachings actually do manifest themselves in real world concerns. The Christian fairy tales don't result in much to worry about, yet they seem obsessed with them.