Sign in to follow this  
torridjoe

Waivers--when?

When do waivers start? What's the order? I have a claim on a player not yet listed in Yahoo...

There is no waiver time, so any cut player is immediately available to be picked up...

Plus any player that gets added to the database is immediately a free agent, so it would be first come first served...

What happened? I replied, now it's deleted.

I deleted it... No reason to keep that player out there in case the other owner(s) falls asleep at the wheel...

But what I said above is the answer as they would be a free agent immediately and then available FCFS...

Good chance you'll.get your man

I deleted it... No reason to keep that player out there in case the other owner(s) falls asleep at the wheel...

But what I said above is the answer as they would be a free agent immediately and then available FCFS...

Ah--I assumed that my stating of interest in claiming him represents my being the first to come, so to speak. That's how I recall we used to do it with players not in Yahoo...you claim them, announce your drop (Joba), and when they come online they're yours.

Ah--I assumed that my stating of interest in claiming him represents my being the first to come, so to speak. That's how I recall we used to do it with players not in Yahoo...you claim them, announce your drop (Joba), and when they come online they're yours.

I think that "reservation" only held true to the drafted players. We had to place a "roster hold" using another player until Yahoo updated week 1. I remember I had to do it for someone but can't remember who.

:thumbsup:

i know a couple of you emailed me asking about this

I think that "reservation" only held true to the drafted players. We had to place a "roster hold" using another player until Yahoo updated week 1. I remember I had to do it for someone but can't remember who.

That's not my recollection; I seem to remember it being applied during the season as well as new players came up (and Yahoo didn't use to be as prompt getting them into the system, remember all those emails we would send them?), but I certainly could be wrong.

I don't remember Jaime Moyer playing for NYY. :unsure:

Cubs, Rangers, Cardinals, Orioles, Red Sox, Mariners, Phillies