Sign in to follow this  
Coltdoggs

New league, new scoring

In a new league this year...10 teams and O scoring is broken down as follows(the postitive stuff)

50yds passing = 1

20yds rush/rec = 1

All TDs 6

and we are playing fractional points...

I'm usually playing with 25 yds passing/1 and 4pts for passing TDs, 6 for Rec/Rush TDs

We start

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 W/T Flex (Can't be an RB)???

1 K

1 D

Looking at the math, this appears to me to be slightly weighted toward taking a QB with my round 1 pick...I have the 7th pick, then 3rd in the 2nd rnd. Typically I would go RB in the first two rounds or RB, WR...

I know it's all dependent on whose there when you draft, but what do you all think. Do the fractional points weight it evenly and I should just go RB, RB, then go after WRs in 3 and 4?

'preciate the help and will weigh in on yours...

C-Doggs

NO NO NO. :banana:

DO NOT draft a QB first. Those extra yardage points DO NOT become significant enough to warrent a first round pick.

It is a simple case of math:

12 teams starting 1 QB = 12 starters or apprx 38% of the league assuming every NFL team has definite starter.

12 teams starting 2 RBs = 24 STARTERS or 75% of ALL STARTING NFL RBs - and that is IF each NFL team HAS a definite non-RBBC - which they dont.

With the 7th pick, you NEED to grab the BEST RB on the board and it will prob be R Johnson/Portis/S Jax.

With pick in 2nd round, if you can grab another RB like Cadilac/Westbrook/MAYBE Bush take it. The depth at WRs will help you in 3rd round. I wouldnt be surprised if Wayne/TO or R Moss was avail.

Agree, never take a QB in the first round UNLESS it's Peyton.

After Manning all the qb's are pretty close, so you can get a qb in round 4-6 that is valued just as close to one that is drafted two/three rounds earlier.

GL