Sign in to follow this  
skyhawk72

LARRY JOHNSON, LT, OR ALEXANDER?

GOT THE 1ST PICK AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I'M STUCK ON WHO TO PICK??? PLEASE HELP!!!

I had the same problem (picking at 3pm with the #1 pick).

I'm sticking with LJ. Here's a brief explanation I emailed to those that wanted my updated Crank Projections:

LJ remains #1--I was a bit concerned after the Giants game, but two starters on the OL were out and LJ really didn't have a chance to get into a rhythm anyhow. Power runners usually need a quarter to get into a groove. Turley was a bit of a concern in pass blocking, but I thought it was more about rust than anything else. Even though he looked light, I think the tv commentators were over dramatizing it. With all due respect to Troy Aikman, if he knows Turley's weight from eyeballing him, I need to invite him to the local fair and have him win my kids some prizes at the guess the weight booth. Let everyone else panic. If he drops to anywhere below #1, you need to scoop him up. Edwards loves to pound the ball and the Chiefs still have the weapons to keep the defense honest. I don't believe this o-line has issues on the level of the Packers in 2005.

I took Johnson first in my draft, but all three have their downs. Johnson has the Roaf retirement, the change in offensive scheme. Alexander has Hutchinson gone, and an unlikely to be as easy NFC West. LT has an unproven quarterback. I'd say LT is the safest option, but I thought Johnson had the best upside even with Roaf gone. Edwards was never afraid of giving one back a heavy workload so Johnson should put up big numbers. If he's as good as last year he's the best in the league. That was my reasoning. Hope it helps

LT

SA

LJ

In........that.......order

:first:

what he said.

however, if the guy in the #2 slot or #3 slot offers you a package to move up in the drafting order, I'd strongly consider it.

if you make a deal, This is what you do:

1) do not tell anyone who you intend to pick. if the guy picking at #2 wants LJ and you want LT, there is no point in him paying to get what he can already get for free. sSo your job is to make him think you might take his guy (if you can). if you dont tell him who you want, he may get nervous and might wanna make a deal.

the official answer to who will you draft #1 just say 'I dont know yet..... ' or 'I havnt decided'

2) if you know you want LT, ask the guy at #2 who he would pick with the #1 overall. if he says LJ or SA, make the deal. it doesnt hurt you.

The deal:

trade the #1 overall for the #2 or #3 overall and exchange 2nd, 4th, and 6 th round picks.

this way you pick earlier in 3 rounds and still get one of the big 3 RB's.

if you do it this way, you cant hurt your team and may help it a bit. If noone wants to make a deal, just go ahead and take the RB of your choice and let the chips fall where they may.

I am officially skeered of taking LJ #1 overall. Maybe it was the Will Shields ankle injury that pushed me over the top but my money is on SA and then LT. Flip a coin on those two because they'll both do very well this year IMO.

Hines Ward Question