Sign in to follow this  
skittles

After all the questions, advice, and help: Rate my Draft.

So after all of the threads on here, my curiousity with WR-WR open, and then my sudden infatuation with Reggie Bush, I finally had my money league draft.

12 team re-draft.

6 pts per all TDs

1 pt per 10 rush/recieving

1 pt per 25 passing

1 pt per reception

Start:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

K

DST

So here we go. All my planning and scouting for my #10 spot, and then something almost impossible to believe happens. Tiki f'n Barber falls to me. Let me know what you think:

Round Pick Player Position

1. (10) T. Barber RB

2. (15) R. Bush RB

3. (34) R. Wayne WR

4. (39) K. Jones RB

5. (58) T. Heap TE

6. (63) J. Delhomme QB

7. (82) C. Benson RB

8. (87) A. Bryant WR

9. (106) L. Coles WR

10. (111) A. Vinatieri K

11. (130) M. Bell RB

12. (135) B. Watson TE

13. (154) J. Plummer QB

14. (159) M. Jenkins WR

15. (178) L. Betts RB

16. (183) E. Moulds WR

I didn't draft a defense, instead grabbing more sleepers. Plenty of potential starting defenses for week 1 on the wire for me anyway (Miami, Philly, Arizona, Atlanta, New England) so I'm not too worried. Let me know, and thank you all for all of your help over the last few weeks. Leave me a link, I'll hit you up.

WR's are weak, and I cannot believe Tiki fell to the 10th overall, but hey lucky you. I'm not sold on Bush like most so I don't like him that early. I would not try to get him till 4th at the very earliest, but it's inevitable in almost every draft someone will probably take a chance on him and go this early so I'll never have to worry about it.

I'm diggin Heap in the 4th as I have hime slated to have a huge year thanks to Air McNair and I live in Charlotte so I am biased BUT I think Delhomme is one of the best Value QB's in the 6th to 7th rounds.

Overall very nice especially from the 10th spot!! I'd personally try and upgrade WR's...Out of curiosity did anyone draft Philly WR Hank Baskett and if so what round?

Hines Ward Question

Hank Baskett, Corey Bradford, Doug Gabriel are among the good waiver wire WR. Koren Robinson went undrafted as well, but I really think he is screwed.

I don't have much room, so if you were to suggest picking up one of the above, what should I drop? And also, I have to save room for a defense as well.

And yes, I definitely know my WRs are weak. Getting Tiki allowed me to take my flier on Bush (since I knew he wouldn't make it back up in the 3rd) so I did it, and then ended up getting great RB depth (Benson, Jones, Bell, Betts) as well. I fully intend to move one of these guys for a better 2-3 WR to go along with Reggie Wayne.

I have totally bought into the Baskett hype I guess. From everything I hear the kid is big, fast, has great hands, and can leap like you wouldn't believe which makes him a nice McNabb Red Zone Target. Plus with Philly's WR woes he has rocketted up the depth chart.

I know Jenkins is a good WR, but as long as Vick is in their will be a non-factor in FF. I'd use him and one of those backs as trade bait and then pick up Baskett.

Good Luck!

Not great, not terrible. Your WRs are weak. I do not like Bush where you took him at all. But you did get a strong RB3, so that saved what could otherwise have been a bad RB set.

Love your TEs and QBs. I wouldn't waste time with Bell, but your RBs turned out ok, good depth, I just am not feeling Bush.

B-

Yeah, I know the Bush thing will immediately kill this draft for tons of posters here. However, it was my decision, and I believe in it strongly, or I wouldn't have done it. I knew I could build a strong enough corps of RBs after him, which I did. I did discount myself at WR though, which I need to attempt to fix, or just pray very hard.

Niner and Jet in the starting lineup? Not cool.

as weak as your wr's look on paper, i don't think you will do too poorly with what you have... i am pretty high on antonio bryant this year and i think he will put up sufficient number 2 receiver numbers. and considering how great your rb's are i think you drafted pretty well for a 12 teamer.

i'm on the "bush got drafted way too high" bandwagon. you'll most likely be starting tiki and KJ unless/until deuce goes down and reggie gets a chance to be the man. that being said, ALL of your backup RBs are in essence backup RBs. I don't buy the Mike Bell hype, Tatum will still be the man in Denver. Wayne Heap and Coles/Moulds are nice for you, and Delhomme will be a nice consistent QB as well. considering you were 10th, pretty nice job.

I'd maybe try to package trade Betts and Jenkis to the Portis owner for another solid WR. Thats about the only move I'd suggest.

please see my qb draft question:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=222621