Sign in to follow this  
thunderball

Joe Mixon - What round?

Depends on the status of Gio after pre season. Need to know when he's coming back. His return ruins Mixon. I don't understand all the Mixon love.

Only thing that concerns me about Mixon is the Bengals coaching staff.

They just need to give him the starting job and hand him the ball.

But they won't and that's why the concern of how he will be used is effecting the way I'm ranking him.

If he was indeed the Bengals rb1 I think he would be worthy of a rb1 in ff.

Bit since Hill and Benard will indeed have a role I have him as a low rb2.

Yeah he is getting a ton of praise and hype. Hill and Gio will be factors and I think some will reach on him. Was just curious. I have the 5th for a 12 team league and trying to get an idea on where he will wind up.

Yeah he is getting a ton of praise and hype. Hill and Gio will be factors and I think some will reach on him. Was just curious. I have the 5th for a 12 team league and trying to get an idea on where he will wind up.

I would definitely take him in the 1st if your league gives bonuses for Bengals running backs

• Like 1

Yeah it's a very good question.

And he's a tough one to rank based on the other two Rbs.

Thanks for the question.

Non ppr mock?

Oh boy. Rookies.

At least Frozen saved this thread.

It is a tough call.

I suspect training camp may answer some of the questions I have. but I think the right value would be a middling RB2 if Gio cannot start the season and a low end RB2 if he can.

of course there is RB1 upside in both scenarios, but the potential to be part of a 3 headed committee is hard to ignore so you cannot value him THAT high.

Also, Hill is psychotic so you know he's gonna be a problem for the coaches to deal with. He's gonna get some run.

Also, Hill is psychotic so you know he's gonna be a problem for the coaches to deal with. He's gonna get some run.

I hadn't heard about this.

Are there any links out there? or is this mostly rumour?

Drafting at the 5th slot in a 12 team league I don't think he gets back to you in the 4th. That means you have to take him in the 3rd and that is risky.

I think he has a ton of talent. My worry is the other 2 rbs getting some work. On top of that the Bengals OL could be horrid.

I was super high on him and even considered him as a potential RB2. However, then I remembered the Bengals offensive line got decimated in free agency. I'm not sure there will be much in the way of running lanes. Also, every defense in his division to include the Browns has improved in the off-season.

Not worried about Gio coming off an ACL injury or even Hill the plodder. If the Bengals loved either so much they wouldn't have drafted Mixon where they did.

I hadn't heard about this.

Are there any links out there? or is this mostly rumour?

I owned Hill after his breakout year. He sucked all year and was a maniac.

I hope pre-season gives us some insight, think he has more upside then a player who moves up based on an injury. Besides it will be a roll of a dice if you dont go after RBS right away.

I agree with Bob.

If you don't take him in the forth then he will be gone before he comes back to you in the fifth.

And right now you could be looking a RBBC with three Rbs.

I think that the forth is one round too high for me.

I was super high on him and even considered him as a potential RB2. However, then I remembered the Bengals offensive line got decimated in free agency. I'm not sure there will be much in the way of running lanes. Also, every defense in his division to include the Browns has improved in the off-season.

Not worried about Gio coming off an ACL injury or even Hill the plodder. If the Bengals loved either so much they wouldn't have drafted Mixon where they did.

Yeah, the line does not excite me.... that's for sure.

and I'd be surprised if they didnt address this issue in next year's draft.

I suspect they wanted to tackle the issue this year, but felt the talent was too strong in other areas to ignore.

That's fine, but you should not expect a top year from anyone in that offense.

I would definitely take him in the 12th if he was still there

To quote the great Sheldon Cooper, "Is that sarcasm?"

seems like high upside, worth a late flyer (maybe a rb 2 or 3 for the second have of the season). i haven't started my research yet. where is his adp for ppr?

seems like high upside, worth a late flyer (maybe a rb 2 or 3 for the second have of the season). i haven't started my research yet. where is his adp for ppr?

Generally he's going late 3rd

yeah..i just took a look...late 3rd/early 4th. that is not the risk i would want to take there...too much other talent on the board

yeah..i just took a look...late 3rd/early 4th. that is not the risk i would want to take there...too much other talent on the board

for redraft that's way high.

Keeper leagues are maybe another matter, because there is potentially more future value to a guy like him.

for redraft that's way high.

Keeper leagues are maybe another matter, because there is potentially more future value to a guy like him.

of course there is different value for keepers and dynasties, especially if someone is keeping bernard or hill. plus more players are not available.

Only thing that concerns me about Mixon is the Bengals coaching staff.

They just need to give him the starting job and hand him the ball.

But they won't and that's why the concern of how he will be used is effecting the way I'm ranking him.

If he was indeed the Bengals rb1 I think he would be worthy of a rb1 in ff.

Bit since Hill and Benard will indeed have a role I have him as a low rb2.

Since one or both of Gio and Hill will be gone after 2017, Mixon is a great choice for keeper leagues this season.

I agree with the post above, and thanks for the reply.

I don't recall the OP saying that it is a keeper league.

So in a keeper league he's worthy of a first round pick. M

Redraft which is what I think the OP is in I don't like his adp.

No. I would literally draft Joe Mixon is the 12th round rolls around and he is still available

I actually thought that was a bit too early. As of right now, he's one of three RB's on a team that has shown ZERO reliability on who's going to get the most touches on a given day... and now there's three! Plus, their OLine is quite suspect. In a re-draft, I won't even have him on my board.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327577/article/lsus-jeremy-hill-sends-letter-to-all-32-teams-to-explain-arrests

Arrest for sexual assault and another arrest for assault while in college. That definitely puts him in the psychopath ballpark.

I didn't know that when I made my psycho comment. You could see the psychopath in him on the sidelines when Gio was getting all the run.

• Like 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327577/article/lsus-jeremy-hill-sends-letter-to-all-32-teams-to-explain-arrests

Arrest for sexual assault and another arrest for assault while in college. That definitely puts him in the psychopath ballpark.

wow, I was never aware of that.

of course nobody thought much of his being drafted at the time because everyone figured he'd be Gio's backup and it was barely newsworthy.

If he's difficult in the dressing room, then this could mean he gets the axe sooner rather than later.

Personally, knowing what I know now, I'd rather have Mixon than Hill.

Hill had lots of issues in college as shown by the link. But Cincinnati is not shy about taking in law breakers. Wasn't it Mixon who had all the legal troubles for punching a girl in the face?

Hill had lots of issues in college as shown by the link. But Cincinnati is not shy about taking in law breakers. Wasn't it Mixon who had all the legal troubles for punching a girl in the face?

Yeah. It was three years ago but cost Mixon millions as he could've been a Top 10 Pick.

Depends on your format. In my draft he went in the 3rd. Wished I had grabbed him.