Sign in to follow this  
NOSRAC247

How are you ranking tight ends this year?

I'm thinking about how I'm going to position my draft sequence, and I've set up numerous scenarios. With that in mind, I'm eyeing specific tight ends, they are as follows, in no specific order: Gates, Gonzalez, Crumpler, Shockey, Heap, Cooley, and Witten. For a little advice, will you rank them in the order you would draft, or order of projected productivity for 2006. Thank you in advance and good luck this season!

There are a ton of TE's who could be productive.

Gates

Shockey

Gonzalez

Crumpler

Witten

Cooley

Heap

McMichael

Davis

LJ Smith

Stevens

Miller

Winslow

The position is pretty deep, all these guys could get at least 500 yards 4-7 TD's...when the choise is a 3rd WR or #1 TE.

HEAP is the one who jumps off that list for me. I think with the acquisition on MCNAIR, HEAP catapults to the top of the class. :ninja:

:lol:

***HOMER ALERT***

though I don't expect you to consider him top 5, Ben Watson (NE) may be a steal for some people this year.

Watson has proven to have the speed, hands, and size to be an top notch TE and with NE's lack of WR (and now Deion Branch in a contract dispute/missing camp) there's been talk of Watson playing in the slot (as more of a posession/#3 WR).

Those who have watched Watson have no doubt that he has all the physical tools necessary to be amongst the top TE in the game; and *IF* NE really is going to use Watson in the slot, it's almost unfair to get him in a fantasy draft as a TE (but that's what he'll be listed as).

just a thought.

It probably makes sense to hold off on TE pick till much later in the draft. I would think even if you have Gates available at mid-late 3rd, you could pass on him, pick up a decent WR and grab one of the guys listed above, 4-5 rounds later. Last year that would probably not happen. The point is, it seems like the old drop off from Gates or Gonzalez to the next tier of TE's, which at one time warranted taking one of them 3-4 rounds earlier than the next TE, is dissolving. my opinion.