Sign in to follow this  
lovegift

8 team NON- keeper league...help!

I am in a 8 team Non keeper league with some freinds. This year I have the 5th selection (meaning the first four can choose their draft spot and then its my turn to choose)

I am struggling over whether or not I should take the 5th pick or whether I should drop to 8th. I see upsides to both.

Since it is only a 8 team league there are tons of options. If I took the 8th pick I could could possibly take Ljordan/ Sjax/ Brown/ Caddy. Or maybe take the top two recievers Owens/ Smith/ Moss/ Holt...etc

If I drafted two recivers with 1.8 and 2.1 do you think there will be enough quality backs left. I cant imagine more than 16 backs being drafted before my 3rd round pick.

This gives me options like Mcgahee, K.Jones, Parker, J Lewis, Taylor, Rueben D, Bush, Dunn, Dillion

If I decided to draft in the 5th spot I would try to get Portis and maybe WR coming back, then Rb2 in the third.

any thoughts on the best way to go about this?

In a league this small, I'd go for as high of a pick as I could get. I know people like the bookends of draft spots (1 and 8). I know I do, but if you prepare for your draft and have a good handle on players then the higher your draft the better your chances to land the best players.