Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Lamar Miller

I think Miller as gorn fishin.

Was a DND for me.

Never bought the 'He was held back from greatness at Miami" nonsense.

of course he was :rolleyes:

He's still learning the new system....he deserves one more chance next year. :ninja: :ninja:

So I've watched a lot of the Texans this year, and it's abundantly clear to me that they have NO idea how to use Miller. Lamar made his games in Miami being an all around back. Houston just flat out does not use enough him in the passing game. Their runs are predictable and Osweiller is just flat out the suck. O'Brien lacks any kind of creativity on the offensive end and wants simply to have Miller as his 1st/2nd down between the tackles runner, which he isn't. He's not a bad back, just badly utilized.

• Like 1

When he played for the Dolphins everyone said he was under used .

So I'm not buying that he's under used.

I'm buying he's what we are seeing.

Lamar Miller is a poor man's DeMarco Murray in a sense: he can look good when used the right way - and in the right situation - and he can look like he does now, when he's not.

They don't allow him to catch passes (and they should, because Suck Azzweiler can't open up an offense). He gets plenty of carries - and he was 5th in the league in rushing yards up until yesterday, so I do believe he has talent - but those are the two problems.

If he was on Green Bay, he'd look INSTANTLY better.

• Like 1

Think Lamar Miller is wanting a do-over now? This offseason Dallas unofficially, actively, pursued him to sign here. Had he, Zeke would not be a Cowboy - and Miller would be on his way to the postseason and possibly a Pro Bowl.

• Like 1

I dont wanna say I told you so, but I did. Took a lot of heat for it too. surprisingly enough, hes even worse than I thought he'd be. But part of that is because Osweiler is a lot worse than I thought he'd be.

I thought Os would be bad (as in.... Not a QB1 or a top end QB2) but he's been beyond bad.

Teams are just stacking the box and giving Hopkins double coverage. What you are left with is a dink & dunk offense. Osweiler isnt accurate enough to make that kind of offense work for him, and that's what you have.

a disaster.

Congrats.

So I've watched a lot of the Texans this year, and it's abundantly clear to me that they have NO idea how to use Miller. Lamar made his games in Miami being an all around back. Houston just flat out does not use enough him in the passing game. Their runs are predictable and Osweiller is just flat out the suck. O'Brien lacks any kind of creativity on the offensive end and wants simply to have Miller as his 1st/2nd down between the tackles runner, which he isn't. He's not a bad back, just badly utilized.

He's not a good back either. He is actually as mediocre as he plays.

His career stats suggest poor utilization, and not poor talent.

Could be a smidge of lack of heart mixed in there as well.

Could be a bargain next year, if Texans find a QB.

I only drafted him in 2 leagues outta 6 this year, but got gouged.

3 down backs don't grow on trees. He's setting up as a 2nd rounder next year, but still at the back end of RB1 #'s. He's also the reason I hoard RB's at the end of the season.

The worst thing about Miller is he's always hurt. ALWAYS. At least Fred Taylor had the decency to miss several games at a time. Not Lamar. He's always 'playing through' something. The problem is, he's too big of a to actually play through his boo boos, so he just kinda frolicks around out there.

3 down backs don't grow on trees. He's setting up as a 2nd rounder next year, but still at the back end of RB1 #'s. He's also the reason I hoard RB's at the end of the season.

At his price I'll take the later round 2 down backs.

Watching him do his little pitty-pat, happy feet dance then stop dead when he gets to the line (he doesn't hit it, he stops and waits for defense to come to him) leads me to believe he's better suited for Dancing with the Stars.

Glad I traded Miller a couple weeks ago. I ended up trading Miller and Brandon Marshall for Edelman, Crabtree, and sproles.

of course he was :rolleyes:

As can be seen from my teams, which you should have memorised, because you whined like a baby about having to read them so much, he was.

Have never owned him, never wanted to.

Don't get jealous yet again because I kicked your ass in Pick Em last season. Remember how you suddenly dropped out when it was obvious I was going to crush you? You need to move on, little man.