Sign in to follow this  
BaldB

Keep Antonio Brown or Kamara?

I play in a league where you can keep one player indefinitely. It is a 12 team league, half-point PPR, and starts 2 WR (not 3 like many leagues these days. I have the 9th overall pick (2nd round), so whoever I don't keep won't make it back to me, and all of the stud RBs (Bell, Gurley, Zeke, Johnson, Barkley, etc.) will be kept or drafted before my first pick.

Kamara only because he's younger and has less miles in the tires.

honestly they are both great options

Assuming the top 6 rbs & wrs are kept you will likely be looking at the following players at 2.09:

Freeman, CMC, McKinnon, Mccoy, Mixon, Howard at RB.

or

D Adams, AJ Green, Evans, Baldwin, Theilin, Gordon, Hilton at WR.

So you need to decide if Kamara and any of those WRs is going to be better than AB and any of those RBs.

Edit: looking at it further I'd probably keep Kamara.

Assuming the top 6 rbs & wrs are kept you will likely be looking at the following players at 2.09:

Freeman, CMC, McKinnon, Mccoy, Mixon, Howard at RB.

or

D Adams, AJ Green, Evans, Baldwin, Theilin, Gordon, Hilton at WR.

So you need to decide if Kamara and any of those WRs is going to be better than AB and any of those RBs.

Edit: looking at it further I'd probably keep Kamara.

Excellent response. I would go Kamara also.

I have AB as a keeper In 2 leagues : )

Good problem to have but I say keep Brown

Kamara is good but there are several good RBs and you can perhaps get one

Brown is the best WR and will be very difficult if not impossible to replace

Good problem to have but I say keep Brown

Kamara is good but there are several good RBs and you can perhaps get one

Brown is the best WR and will be very difficult if not impossible to replace

Its a good point.

AB + Mckinnon/Mixon or Howard

versus

Kamara + Mike Evans/Baldwin or Hilton/Thielin/Gordon or T Hill?

There's a case to be made for both players, it just depends on who you're more comfortable with. For me its the ability to keep the player as long as you want that pushes me to Kamara.

Kamara has 1 good season under his belt and he wasn't the focus of the defense per say. He kind of caught everyone by surprise. And so much of his value was based on big plays (which fluctuate year to year). I could see a regression.

And even though Kamara is 22 to Brown's 30, the position difference negates some of the longevity thoughts. Kamara has about 5 years of prime left to Brown's 3-4.

Plus, I tend to lean towards only looking about 3 years down the line anyway, and I'll take AB against any individual within that window..

So I say Brown.

Kamara would be the pick.

Thanks for the responses everyone. It seems like Browns preseason quad injury was pretty minor, still slightly worried after he tanked my team in the playoffs last year.

Brown is the safest pick in the draft, year after year top 3 producer at his position. Kamara is a rb with 1 good season who is in a time share. You keep Brown. How many rbs stay at the top of their position for 3+ years? Theres better late value at WR this year so if it was anyone but Brown, its an easy choice of Kamara, but Brown is just too good. Luckily, Im keeping both ;)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Roethlisberger in this equation. How many more years is he going to play and pump Brown's value? Wasn't he talking about retiring this past offseason?