Yep. Doubled in the month of June.

How high do you see this one going?

How high do you see this one going?

Its at a nice sell point right now. I'm guessing its going to climb to around 22-23 and then fall back down to 16-17 as a good shelf. Right now is a good sell point. I sold my initial investment and now everything is profit.

Pro Tip: Deposit the money into your USD wallet within Coinbase and that way when you are ready to buy it transfers instantly.

thanks

Just to toot my own horn

AMD up 30% since I bought my most recent block of shares

• Like 1

Just to toot my own horn

I may not have gotten in as low as you did ($12.48), but I'm riding you on that one too. :thumbsup:

Just to toot my own horn

Anytime anyone of us sees a stock, cc, etc... we should agree to share it here (only the ones were more confident about) seems we both think outside the box and from different perspectives. I haven't seen much since Carvana and the CC's. I did invest in Materialise (MTLS) on Monday hoping I can double on that before the year is over.

I'm always willing to share but I'm a big risk guy.

One I've been really contemplating is Rite Aid (RAD). Struggling 3rd biggest pharmacy chain. Walgreens is trying to buy it out. The FTC is trying to block the deal because it would merge the #2 and #3 players and they would surpass #1 (CVS). Basically anti monopoly issues.

The buyout price on the table from Walgreen is 6.50-7.00 per share which is about 125% above rite aids current stock price.

The risk is that the deal falls through although rite aid stock has been down so badly and the current price may already reflect sentiment of no buyout.

I'm always willing to share but I'm a big risk guy.

One I've been really contemplating is Rite Aid (RAD). Struggling 3rd biggest pharmacy chain. Walgreens is trying to buy it out. The FTC is trying to block the deal because it would merge the #2 and #3 players and they would surpass #1 (CVS). Basically anti monopoly issues.

The buyout price on the table from Walgreen is 6.50-7.00 per share which is about 125% above rite aids current stock price.

The risk is that the deal falls through although rite aid stock has been down so badly and the current price may already reflect sentiment of no buyout.

Like the way you think. :thumbsup:

Only 3 a share? Pfffft. Yeah I'll take a chance, thanks.

Making money on stocks isn't as easy as it is now. Prior to the tech bubble, it was this easy. I've lived through 3 corrections and the 4th is coming.

I advise clients to use a core and explore approach with their portfolio.

I caution when making money seems this easy.

Moving more into "explore" type investments can become enticing.

Anyone get in at $.10 today?

WTF?

Someone spent $380 and made over 1 million today.

WTF?

Doubtful. I bet some sell contracts were executed at those levels though.

Like the way you think. :thumbsup:

Only 3 a share? Pfffft. Yeah I'll take a chance, thanks.

Definitely seems worth a flyer. :thumbsup:

WW, what do you think about "Fred's"? It seems like they would be another big winner in this. I'd never heard of them until just now, but in order for the Walgreens/Rite Aid merger to go through, they would acquire 865 Rite Aids, immediately making them the third largest drug store in the country. Their stock is way down, too, but was twice as high back in January, which I'm assuming is when people were more optimistic about the merger.

Definitely seems worth a flyer. :thumbsup:

WW, what do you think about "Fred's"? It seems like they would be another big winner in this. I'd never heard of them until just now, but in order for the Walgreens/Rite Aid merger to go through, they would acquire 865 Rite Aids, immediately making them the third largest drug store in the country. Their stock is way down, too, but was twice as high back in January, which I'm assuming is when people were more optimistic about the merger.

Havnt really looked into freds. And yeah I never heard of them but definitely know rite aid. I have not purchased any shares yet. I'm trying to Guage what I think might happen if there is no merger. Basically is RAD price low enough that it won't sink much more? Would it open RAD up to potential aquisition by let's say Amazon?

Happy to say my GameCredits is up 63% from when i bought a week ago. :)

I may not have gotten in as low as you did ($12.48), but I'm riding you on that one too. :thumbsup:

$10.17

And I also own shares around $7.50

WTF?

Is this being manipulated or what?

How in the wholly hell did it hit ten cents today- and no one is commenting?

Yeah- it jumped right back up- but damn.

Making money on stocks isn't as easy as it is now. Prior to the tech bubble, it was this easy. I've lived through 3 corrections and the 4th is coming.

Duh.

And after the 4th one, the 5th one will be coming. Annnnnnd so on.

Duh.

And after the 4th one, the 5th one will be coming. Annnnnnd so on.

You smart. :)

Before 90's baby was a twinkle in his dads eye day trading was big. 90 plus percent or all day traders LOST.

Just want to warn those who also are involved. Carry on.

Is this ###### being manipulated or what?

How in the wholly hell did it hit ten cents today- and no one is commenting?

Yeah- it jumped right back up- but damn.

I read that article, no way I invest in that crap.

You smart. :)

Before 90's baby was a twinkle in his dads eye day trading was big. 90 plus percent or all day traders LOST.

Just want to warn those who also are involved. Carry on.

You don't become a millionaire through stock trading, you become a millionaire by saving money and investing it safely over long periods of time.

The government lets you put in 17k a year + company match into a 401k, start putting at least 10k into your 401k in your mid to late 20's and slowly ramp that up as you get older. You will be a millionaire by the time you retire.

Furthermore, you don't get rich by trading stocks using your money, you get rich by trading stocks using other peoples money and charging them a commission.

You don't become a millionaire through stock trading, you become a millionaire by saving money and investing it safely over long periods of time.

The government lets you put in 17k a year + company match into a 401k, start putting at least 10k into your 401k in your mid to late 20's and slowly ramp that up as you get older. You will be a millionaire by the time you retire.

Furthermore, you don't get rich by trading stocks using your money, you get rich by trading stocks using other peoples money and charging them a commission.

401k correct but you talking about retirement time. Many people become rich or make a living trading stock. From day traders to speculators. Unless you're really good, I wouldn't quit your day job but I know some people who got rich off the market before the .com bubble

You think there are no people who invested 50k in Facebook when it was 20 per share? They didn't get "retire rich" but they made a boat load and made it while young.

Plenty of people bought some of the biggest companies back in 2008-2009 at huge discounts (apple, google etc) and have likely retired off their profits

Amazon?

401k correct but you talking about retirement time. Many people become rich or make a living trading stock. From day traders to speculators. Unless you're really good, I wouldn't quit your day job but I know some people who got rich off the market before the .com bubble

You think there are no people who invested 50k in Facebook when it was 20 per share? They didn't get "retire rich" but they made a boat load and made it while young.

Plenty of people bought some of the biggest companies back in 2008-2009 at huge discounts (apple, google etc) and have likely retired off their profits

Amazon?

Apple stock was less than 5 a share until late 2004 as well.

Amazon?

If you have enough money to invest 50k in a single stock then you are already pretty well off.

Some people get rich playing the lottery, but the odds are not good. Most people who invest their own money in the stock market do not get rich, they slowly increase their savings and if they are both good and lucky they can beat the market average by a few percentage points.

Apple stock was less than 5 a share until late 2004 as well.

Apple was a struggling company in 2004, barely hanging on. There are hundreds of struggling companies out there today, most of them will go bankrupt or continue to barely hang on for years or decades.

Apple was a struggling company in 2004, barely hanging on. There are hundreds of struggling companies out there today, most of them will go bankrupt or continue to barely hang on for years or decades.

The iPod was released in 2001 to me anyone with just a hint of vision back then knew that Apple was an eventual winner.

The iPod was released in 2001 to me anyone with just a hint of vision back then knew that Apple was an eventual winner.

Easy to say in retrospect. But for every Tesla, there are dozens of Deloreans.

The 401k thing is absolutly true.

Also it's 18k per year meow.

Easy to say in retrospect. But for every Tesla, there are dozens of Deloreans.

I am 100% confident had I been in my 20's in the early 2000's I would have invested in Apple. Your point remains, but one of the things that makes me excel at investing is having vision.

I am 100% confident had I been in my 20's in the early 2000's I would have invested in Apple. Your point remains, but one of the things that makes me excel at investing is having vision.

And modesty. Don't forget modesty.

And your money would have sat idle for 4 plus years until you made a penny.

And your money would have sat idle for 4 plus years until you made a penny.

I'm patient.

If you have enough money to invest 50k in a single stock then you are already pretty well off.

Some people get rich playing the lottery, but the odds are not good. Most people who invest their own money in the stock market do not get rich, they slowly increase their savings and if they are both good and lucky they can beat the market average by a few percentage points.

You can have 50k to invest in the market and not be a millionaire. There is a difference between well off and millionaire.

I have more than 50k in my portfolio but based on my age I am less diversified and I take more risk so I do have large amounts invested in single stocks. Single sticks can greatly outpace the market. If you're talking about ETFs and such, you're not likely to strike gold.

Comparing stock investing to the lottery is utterly rediculous. Investing takes research and dedication and educated guesses can be made when investing. You can't say the same about the lottery. Furthermore, certain individual stock pickers stick to specific sectors that they are knowledgeable in.

Personally I don't spend everyday or really any day looking for stocks that will make me an instant millionaire. But I do look for stocks where I can make nice 5k hits and get out.

Most I've made on one trade was 16k. Most I've lost was 2.5k.

Glad I didn't see this before buying Carvana. :huh:

:doh:

that video should have made the stock price fall 25% minimum

ETH at $294 right now

Yeah the three major coins seem to be going through some sort of PTSD malaise after those flash crashes last week. No volatility at all, just slowly edging downward. :o