Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

ranch with pizza?

I never understood what makes a "good" NY pizza. Maybe it is because I grew up with the style, but they all taste more or less the same to me. Thin crust, sauce, cheese. Woohoo? Is there something about the sauce? Because everything else is nothing special. :dunno:

Agreed. Typical NY bravado. Chicago style is much better.

That ain't pizza, that abomination in Chicago.

Like you I personally prefer Chicago style, but that is just because of the buttery goodness of the deep dish crust. NY crust is just a thin baked burrito to hold sauce and cheese, yay! Of course the Chicago style is also worse for you because of all of the carbs. :D

Anyway, shots brought up the water... oy, I've heard that bullshiot "water" argument from New Yorkers so many times. I guarantee you that if I started a pizza place and advertised that I had NY water shipped in, then used Phoenix water and pissed in it occasionally, I'd have New Yorkers raving about the awesomeness of my otherwise bland cheese pizza. :thumbsup:

I don't know the science behind it but it's not BS.

I know a local place that tried trucking the water to new location outside NY and it wasn't the same.

All the ex NYers I know when they return they

A eat pizza

B bring bagels and cheese cakes home with them.

Deep dish sucks, IMO. Never understood the love for it. And I like crust, just not an inch-thick layer of it :thumbsdown:

Deep dish sucks, :

Wow we agree on something

• Like 1

Deep dish sucks, IMO. Never understood the love for it. And I like crust, just not an inch-thick layer of it :thumbsdown:

Agreed. I'm not a fan of having to eat pizza with a dam fork

I don't like thick crust either - the depth should be due to toppings.

I recently have come to agree. Last 3 DD I had were just bread and the same amount of toppings as any other pizza. There is a place in the SF Bay Area near Berkeley called Zachary's that had killer Chicago style. But all I have had since have been crap and I am calling deep dish overrated.

If Chicago deep dish is done right, it could be very good, problem is most places don't take the time to cook it all the way through. If it's half assed, it tastes like .

Like you I personally prefer Chicago style, but that is just because of the buttery goodness of the deep dish crust. NY crust is just a thin baked burrito to hold sauce and cheese, yay! Of course the Chicago style is also worse for you because of all of the carbs. :D

Anyway, shots brought up the water... oy, I've heard that bullshiot "water" argument from New Yorkers so many times. I guarantee you that if I started a pizza place and advertised that I had NY water shipped in, then used Phoenix water and pissed in it occasionally, I'd have New Yorkers raving about the awesomeness of my otherwise bland cheese pizza. :thumbsup:

So, someone would believe that you had water shipped in?

So, someone would believe that you had water shipped in?

I know someone that did but not as far as Arizonass

I know someone that did but not as far as Arizonass

How much? It has to kill your profit margin if it's more than 100 miles.

Place was called Cinellies and had 4 locations plus a contract in jones Beach theater. Think the other satellite locations (with trucked in water) was also stadiums. Probably Jersey shore and CT.

They still are a very successful pizzeria.

Lived here all my life - don't know anyone who does this... And thank Gawd, it's focking gross.

Original pizzeria Regina

I like to dip crusts in something occasionally.

As to what makes pizza better it's the oven. I was at a home builders show and spent some time at a display where the guy was importing these Italian outdoor grills that can get up to 800-900 degrees, cook a pizza in 2-3 minutes with the right combo of hard crusty bottom and soft and chewy. I think that's the biggest key and why those old school pizza places are so good

I used to like pizzeria uno as a kid. I liked the sauce with the chunks of stewed tomatoes. Still prefer that kind of sauce on thin crust.

In Italy they just cut up those mozzarella balls and some basil with the good sauce and it's amazing

Then you never had good NY pizza. Good NY pizza doesn't need "dressing" to make it better.

I OK with places making crazy concoctions just not my thing.

My problem is your stoopid comment. If you want plain pizza get papa johns.

Stupid

This is correct. There's a great pizza joint on almost every block in Manhattan. Some are better than others, but they're almost all amazing.

No ranch, no chicken, no Korean, no bbq, or any of that other crap that doesn't belong on a pizza.

Just cheese, pepperoni or sausage by the slice.

The best pizza I've ever eaten comes from the metro north stop in Fairfield, CT. Everything about it is perfect from the crust, to the sauce to the ratio of cheese and pepperoni. It's awesome.

• Like 1

Chicago style pizza is also great, but it really shouldn't be called pizza. It's an entirely different thing.

Chicago style pizza is also great, but it really shouldn't be called pizza. It's an entirely different thing.

Do you like Pepe Joes?

Casseroles?

I thought ranch was mandatory with pizza

Then you crazy

Back to the original subject..looks to be quite common. My wife and both daughters dip ranch as well.

Back to the original subject..looks to be quite common. My wife and both daughters dip ranch as well.

And you dip in your wife's "ketchup" once a month. See I'm nice I left your daughters out of the conversation.

Ewwww.

Is that a NY joint? I haven't lived in that area so de 2003ish.

I meant Frank Pepes. Been a while.

Never had it.

There's one in Danbury. People go nuts for it. I think it's above average, but not the best ever

My wife and both daughters dip ranch as well.

can size?

can size?

It usually just comes in a little plastic cup.

It usually just comes in a little plastic cup.

So do I :wub:

So do I :wub:

I knew that wasn't ranch. <_<

Southern people can find a way to make anything fatter.

This. I was out of lube once and used ranch dressing. Oddly enough, it got fatter. And tastier according to her.

This. I was out of lube once and used ranch dressing. Oddly enough, it got fatter. And tastier according to her.

Nice. Knew a guy who used olive oil for a Titay fock.

Nice. Knew a guy who used olive oil for a Titay fock.

Popeye ????