Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Kasich and California

California dreamin'?

Cruz suspended his White House bid Tuesday, shortly after his drubbing in the Indiana primary. Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus quickly declared Trump his party's presumptive nominee.

John Weaver, Kasich's chief strategist, took to Twitter to push back.
"Appreciate @Reince & his hard work for @GOP, but until someone has 1,237 bound delegates there is no presumptive nominee. CA here we come," Weaver tweeted.

This Gov./journalism major has never registered to vote before :ninja:...this is motivation though. Not sure what the polling indicates currently (think I saw something about CA going Trump...but polls have been wrong lately, albeit more on the dem side).

It'd definitely be interesting if Californians saved this shitshow, pardon my language...just not a better way to put it.

Also,

Deranged.

Everyone is declaring the race over. Maybe. Probably. But I'm not giving up.

I've been on Team Kasich since there were 17 candidates in the race, Trump is closing in on his 1237 but these odds for Kasich now, however long, are still shorter than they've been at any time up until this point.

It never stopped me from backing him then, it won't stop me now. Everybody else that's dropped out has been somebody else's disappointment, not mine.

If by some miracle, Trump comes up short of his 1237, it'll be because Kasich blocked him which means Kasich is the one non-Trump going into the convention with momentum.

Could be worse. I'm glad Cruz quit.

It's over. I'd gladly vote for Kasich over Hilary but it ain't gonna happen.

The California breakdown here has useful information. With Kasich's minimalist campaigning style, and knowing there are some fickle, potentially significant unknowns, and having this attitude...it's worth seeing what happens.

"I know it’s tough," a defiant Kasich told reporters last week at the California GOP convention of his chances to win the nomination. "So what."

It's all a bonus. As Kasich supporters from the very start, it's always been a moonshot and we made it until the end. He got me a lot better mileage than Huntsman and Johnson got last time.

I dunno. I wish the establishment sh1tbags had joined us rather than Cruz when Rubio dropped. Oh well. That's their a$$hole prerogative.

I'm not #NeverTrump. He's been my first alternative since Rand Paul quit. I'm also glad that Cruz made a run. He has a few million political enemies, none of which are me. I think most of those other 14 candidates were awful and overall I'm happy with the results that it was these three in the end.

Kasich is running to be VP, if he's lucky and Trump is smart, he'll be offered the position.

• Like 1

He is playing a game where his name is next up if there is a contested convention. It's sad and even if there is, he won't be the hot name in this mystical "anti trump" scenario where the people snap out of it and elect someone else. If he quit and kissed ass he might be granted the honor of Trumps running mate.

Kasich is running to be VP, if he's lucky and Trump is smart, he'll be offered the position.

If Trump can hold his own in the states that Romney/McCain won, states like Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin can be pulled in as well. With his trade talk and coming out hard against Black Lives Matter, those are huge ringer issues that'll resonate. Michigan is actually a red state. Wisconsin too. They don't vote that way in national elections but the state governments are controlled by the GOP and with the right national candidate are ripe for the picking.

A running mate from our region makes a lot of sense.

He's pretty emphatic that he doesn't want to be anyone's running mate. Too much so for being open to it secretly...would be awkward to eat the words he's chosen.

Current rules require that you win eight states to be eligible to be the nominee of a contested convention. Has Kasich won even one state?

Current rules require that you win eight states to be eligible to be the nominee of a contested convention. Has Kasich won even one state?

1- Ohio

Kasich can't possibly have the money for California. It's the most expensive state to campaign in and most candidates blow their wad before it goes down because it never matters for the nomination.

Really glad that Cruz is gone. Fock that guy.

Not true. There are the main convention rules that are in effect every year. Those are the meat and potatoes. Then each cycle the "rules committee" of the convention meet and vote on other smaller, periphery rules for that cycle. The 8 state thing was for 2012 and 2012 alone.

In fact that was the first ever year something like that was voted in. There was never such a rule like the in history until 2012. The only way it would be in effect for 2016 is if the rules committee re-voted it back in for this year. Which is possible, but they'd have to do it for the second time in history.

if Trump doesn't get the nomination, and some how by some BS ruling, Kasich does, then Trump will still get more votes running as a 3rd party that Kasich will as the Nom, you can bank on that.

if Trump doesn't get the nomination, and some how by some BS ruling, Kasich does, then Trump will still get more votes running as a 3rd party that Kasich will as the Nom, you can bank on that.

It's a moot point anyway.

If Trump wins, which the overwhelming odds are he will, Hillary wins in a landslide.

I know all y'all white guys are in "Trump Hysteria" and therefore can't see straight, but if you are a Republican, and the goal was to recapture the White House, this election cycle has been worst case snenario. :(

If Trump wins, which the overwhelming odds are he will, Hillary wins in a landslide.

I know all y'all white guys are in "Trump Hysteria" and therefore can't see straight, but if you are a Republican, and the goal was to recapture the White House, this election cycle has been worst case snenario. :(

actually you can see what my thoughts on it are, and quite frankly I am not too sure Hilary wins in a landslide. But I am voting Austin Petersen (Libertarian) and I started a post on it here explaining why.

actually you can see what my thoughts on it are, and quite frankly I am not too sure Hilary wins in a landslide. But I am voting Austin Petersen (Libertarian) and I started a post on it here explaining why.

Then you and I and 80 percent of Latinos, 75 percent of women, and 90 percent of African Americans, are the reason why Trump will never win a General.

The math doesn't add up. There are enough white guys in the GOP to win a plurality and capture the Primary, but not near enough to win an open General Election. Those are two separate birds.

Hillary has less votes than in 2012. Trump will have more primary votes than any Republican ever. I keep hearing this landslide talk but I just don't see it.

I hate Hilary with a passion but I can't wait to see her destroy Trump in debates.

What I wouldn't be surprised to see happen is a Supreme Court ruling that allows millions of illegals to vote. That's the Dem's bread and butter or should I say the Dem's tortilla and refried beans.

And her in lies your problem.

The Republican Party has gone to hell and many no longer want to be a part of it. This is why Trump is winning, not because the public wants another Republican puppet as President, rather a candidate who will, gulp, get something done.

Hillary has less votes than in 2012. Trump will have more primary votes than any Republican ever. I keep hearing this landslide talk but I just don't see it.

And he will NEVER win the primary either. I remember hearing that before too.

I hate Hilary with a passion but I can't wait to see her destroy Trump in debates.

Trump has 1 goal. Become President of the USA at ALL cost.

I predict he comes out swinging and the end result will be Hillary being exposed in other scandals. Trump wins!

Mark the tape.

What I wouldn't be surprised to see happen is a Supreme Court ruling that allows millions of illegals to vote. That's the Dem's bread and butter or should I say the Dem's tortilla and refried beans.

They are schit bags, thats proven science. I wouldnt put it past them.

Here's a NYT article that shows how much trouble trump is in for the general election: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/04/upshot/trump-would-have-uphill-battle-against-clinton.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&referer=http://www.nytimes.com/

Now it's still six months until November, but as things stand now he's getting slaughtered.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Rasmussen-Trump-Leads-Clinton/2016/05/02/id/726764/

Rasmussen Poll: Trump Leads Clinton 41 Percent to 39 Percent

There's this poll as well, who knows what it all means at this point? I haven't really put much stock in the polling up to this point, it's been pretty bad across the board.

Most polling had Cruz winning Indiana 2 weeks ago, that didn't go so well for him.

The disdain for Hillary is so strong, the landslide talk is just lazy journalism, who knows how things will shake out over the next 6 months.

And her in lies your problem.

The Republican Party has gone to hell and many no longer want to be a part of it. This is why Trump is winning, not because the public wants another Republican puppet as President, rather a candidate who will, gulp, get something done.

What do you think he will get done? Remember that Executive Overreach (Orders) are frowned upon. What will he get done, working with Congress, that previous Republicans couldn't?

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Rasmussen-Trump-Leads-Clinton/2016/05/02/id/726764/

There's this poll as well, who knows what it all means at this point? I haven't really put much stock in the polling up to this point, it's been pretty bad across the board.

You shouldn't put any stock in Rasmussen polls at all, as they are the least accurate and Republican-biased ones out there, as Nate Silver proved after the 2010 midterms. That's why sources like Newsmax ( :lol:) cite them.

Everyone is declaring the race over. Maybe. Probably. But I'm not giving up.

I've been on Team Kasich since there were 17 candidates in the race, Trump is closing in on his 1237 but these odds for Kasich now, however long, are still shorter than they've been at any time up until this point.

It never stopped me from backing him then, it won't stop me now. Everybody else that's dropped out has been somebody else's disappointment, not mine.

If by some miracle, Trump comes up short of his 1237, it'll be because Kasich blocked him which means Kasich is the one non-Trump going into the convention with momentum.

Could be worse. I'm glad Cruz quit.

You're delusional if you think Trump won't get the nomination at this point. Kasich is just a puppet at this time.

Only citizens can vote. If anything along these lines happen, it would involve prison inmates and ex-cons.

You shouldn't put any stock in Rasmussen polls at all, as they are the least accurate and Republican-biased ones out there, as Nate Silver proved after the 2010 midterms. That's why sources like Newsmax ( :lol:) cite them.

You should put your money where your mouth is and put $100 on Hillary in the general. You seem awfully confident.

Cool buddy, but, the point remains.. The polls have been garbage overall this cycle, doesn't seem to stop you from treating them like the gospel.

HTH

What do you think he will get done? Remember that Executive Overreach (Orders) are frowned upon. What will he get done, working with Congress, that previous Republicans couldn't?

A president needs to work with congress to pass laws, something people don't get. Also, compromise is now considered being weak and a puppet to the "establishment".

Apparently Trump is going to come in and magically by Executive Order demand Mexico to build a wall by using Jedi mind tricks on them. Then demand ISIS to stop and they melt in fear. Then he'll, well, make Murica great again.

:dunno:

Cool buddy, but, the point remains.. The polls have been garbage overall this cycle, doesn't seem to stop you from treating them like the gospel.

HTH

I don't treat them like gospel you focktard. When I cite them, I use the aggregate numbers from realclearpolitics, I don't cherry-pick one listed in my favorite knuckle-dragger paper that favors my guy.

HTH

I don't treat them like gospel you focktard. When I cite them, I use the aggregate numbers from realclearpolitics, I don't cherry-pick one listed in my favorite knuckle-dragger paper that favors my guy.

HTH

Christ, I forgot who I was dealing with, go back and read my fkn post you idiot..

Reading comprehension, catch it.

You're delusional if you think Trump won't get the nomination at this point. Kasich is just a puppet at this time.

It doesn't matter. Kasich is a long shot lottery ticket I bought way back when he first jumped in the race. The whole campaign has been built around hoping that lightning would strike anyways. Hope has been reed thing throughout and we were ready to give up at many points. His odds have always been extremely long. They're no worse now than they were at any other point, in fact I'd say they're actually better.

We've got ten more shots to go H2H against Trump. That was always the goal. And unlike the backers of the other 15 turds, at least us Kasich people will be the ones who get to see how that plays out for our guy for our own curiosity.

Jeb!, Romney, Walker, and Rubio scumballs will never get that satisfaction.

For starters the removal of the PC police. That is a great starting point for me. Maybe not you, but for me, the pussification of America needs to stop.

A focking bloop hit in baseball/softball has been replaced with slash bunt because the term bloop is offensive. It it ridiculous and isn't stopping on its own.

HTH

Polls have been pretty accurate. The only one I can recall missing was Bernie's win in Michigan. Otherwise the pollsters have been money. Which ones have been garbage?

Here's a NYT article that shows how much trouble trump is in for the general election: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/04/upshot/trump-would-have-uphill-battle-against-clinton.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&referer=http://www.nytimes.com/

Now it's still six months until November, but as things stand now he's getting slaughtered.

And here's a Rasmussen poll showing Trump up by 2% over Hill. http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278366-poll-trump-has-2-point-lead-over-Clinton

:music_guitarred: