Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Worst jobs

I worked at a fish pier right out of high school during the summer. My best friend's family owned it.

making 9.50 in 1990 at 18 was a pretty good gig.

We basically shoveled ice onto the fish/totes, after they were weighed right off the boat.

Well that wasn't the bad part. Every once in a while, boats would come in with these fish called whiting.

They were these tiny little fockers and we had to stand in front of a conveyor belt and put the fish in the right position, so this saw would chop their heads off.

We got it. It just wasn't funny. :dunno:

I'm not sure you did. You see, "wurst" is a kind of sausage. It also sounds like the word "worst". So I was saying that the wurst job is making sausage. The thread asked about the worst jobs.

I'm not sure you did. You see, "wurst" is a kind of sausage. It also sounds like the word "worst". So I was saying that the wurst job is making sausage. The thread asked about the worst jobs.

This is getting depressing :(

This is getting depressing :(

No shiot. He just can't accept that he's not funny. :(

No shiot. He just can't accept that he's not funny. :(

I see the problem now. See, people always say you don't want to see sausage getting made. That implies it is gross and so it is probably a bad job. So it's one of the worst jobs. I guess you had to know that making sausage is considered a bad job.

beef frank > pork frank