Sign in to follow this  
Jesus Chrysler

Bad news for the 'NFL popularity is in decline' crowd

40 reasons why who cares??

Do you dummies who see the ratings high five over this? Is it a win? Do you feel better?

What's the win here??

Do you dummies who see the ratings high five over this? Is it a win? Do you feel better?

What's the win here??

Ask your wife's boyfriend. He'll explain it.

How many of you guys who have less interest in the NFL are putting more interest in other sports? The reality is that many of you are old fvcks who are losing interest in all sports. You are getting more involved in your current-day dungeons and dragons? What takes up that time for you?

How many of you guys who have less interest in the NFL are putting more interest in other sports? The reality is that many of you are old fvcks who are losing interest in all sports. You are getting more involved in your current-day dungeons and dragons? What takes up that time for you?

Before I moved overseas, I had an interest in all major sports except golf and National League baseball but not having access to Sportcenter took it's toll. Now I don't follow individual sports, just follow the local teams in college football/basketball, MLB, NBA, and NHL: Michigan, Michigan State, Tigers, Pistons, Red Wings. The NFL I have stayed focused on laserlike since I have consistently played FF, throughout my time overseas, I always stayed up to date but that is seriously slipping this year. College football has also taken a hit for the same reasons, UM and MSU have a plague of sh*tbag kneelers.

What's the win here??

So you finally admit it's having an effect on the bottom line?

The dummies are the ones kneeling, misjudging just how important they are to us. No different than some idiot trio of singers (Dixie Chicks) thinking they're anything other than entertainers/court jesters. 'Shut up and make me laugh, clown'.

The dummies are the ones kneeling, misjudging just how important they are to us. No different than some idiot trio of singers (Dixie Chicks) thinking they're anything other than entertainers/court jesters. 'Shut up and make me laugh, clown'.

The Dixie Chicks were proven to be correct. Not a good example.

The Dixie Chicks were proven to be correct. Not a good example.

It is a very good example. Their career plummeted after that. The NFL won't suffer such a fate but it's definitely concerned because their bottom line is being affected.

Jaguars management issued an apology to local military for kneeling overseas then standing for England's.

Looks like everybody is using statistics to make their own case. If attendance and viewership aren't down, I'd be even more disappointed.than I am now. Hitting them in the wallet is the only way they'll address/solve the problem.

I can only speak for myself, but my enthusiasm level has never been this low, the only reason I'm still paying attention at all is FF, I don't want to leave my leaguemates hanging with an abandoned team mid-season, but I may not play next year. My heart just isn't in it. I've never been this unenthused to track players, make waiver moves, and submit lineups before.

Anyway, there's a big meeting in a few hours that's supposed to address this, we'll see what happens coming out of it.

Just google NFL Ratings and you see only bad news for the NFL. If they are happy then they should keep doing what they are doing. I really could care less but at some point these players will start to get much lower offers come contract time. Then it will take years to right the ship again. What will be interesting will be to see if ad rates for the Superbowl increase or decrease this year. Maybe the NFL should buy space from the network to run ads that promote racial harmony.

As to your ff point, This is the first year since 1995 I have not played . Partially because I was busy around draft time and the leagues I have played in folded. Last year I looked for a league and was runner up so I won some money but this year I just did not feel the interest.

It is a very good example. Their career plummeted after that. The NFL won't suffer such a fate but it's definitely concerned because their bottom line is being affected.

Jaguars management issued an apology to local military for kneeling overseas then standing for England's.

But they were right. Their career suffered because of lemmings like you who take the party line no matter what the facts are.

But they were right. Their career suffered because of lemmings like you who take the party line no matter what the facts are.

They were country music singers who misjudged why they were on stage. They figured they finally had a pulpit to express their political views and p!ssed their boss off thus were promptly fired. Only left leaning whack jobs would think they were right in what they did. It's one thing to criticize the President domestically but to do so on foreign soil is inexcusable.

The Jags/Ravens game was the worst thing those players have done and it's having an effect.

I honestly don't know. Just like in this thread there seems to be conflicting information (shocker).

I stand by my statement that it doesn't have much of an impact however.

With all this going on I would still happily be an NFL owner

I still watch, just not as much as I used to. For me it's more because the NFL is in my face 24/7, make me miss you a bit. Nothing to do with kneeling or whatever.

I still watch, just not as much as I used to. For me it's more because the NFL is in my face 24/7, make me miss you a bit. Nothing to do with kneeling or whatever.

Been my point from the get go.

As an owner I would put much more effort into fixing what isn't a good product right now rather than worry about this silly protest.

EVERYONE wants to say it's cause of the kneeling. And maybe that's true- I can't know for sure. But what I DO know is to me it's no different than if people had come out and protested New Coke when it came out. Easy to do because it SUCKED.

If the NFL was good, really good, especially in your local market, people would watch, games would sell out and if the owners did feel a small pinch to profitability due to this protest, it would be marginal and easily looked past.

This is what I believe. Its super easy to not give a crap about the NFL when your local team is 1-5. PROTEST!!

Two weeks ago I was pretty excited about the Lions. Now, not as much. And it has nothing to do with kneeling..ZIPPO. But if I stop watching, some website is gonna attribute it to me being offended by this silly series of events. This is how it works right now.

As an owner I would put much more effort into fixing what isn't a good product right now rather than worry about this silly protest.

EVERYONE wants to say it's cause of the kneeling. And maybe that's true- I can't know for sure. But what I DO know is to me it's no different than if people had come out and protested New Coke when it came out. Easy to do because it SUCKED.

If the NFL was good, really good, especially in your local market, people would watch, games would sell out and if the owners did feel a small pinch to profitability due to this protest, it would be marginal and easily looked past.

This is what I believe. Its super easy to not give a crap about the NFL when your local team is 1-5. PROTEST!!

Two weeks ago I was pretty excited about the Lions. Now, not as much. And it has nothing to do with kneeling..ZIPPO. But if I stop watching, some website is gonna attribute it to me being offended by this silly series of events. This is how it works right now.

I'm a bears fan, might tune in to watch some of how trubisky is progressing, but that's about it.

Even as a veteran, some people ask me what I think about the kneeling, it's always the same, "I really don't care, they can do what they want.."

No.

Than you would be a poor other and people would be unwise to invest in your product.

if only newbie were here to defend himself

I agree, I havent watched since week 1 but I have been losing interest for over a decade. The product sucks and the protests just made it easier to stop watching. Watching the NFL was not enjoyable anymore for multiple reason.

1. Overexposure

2. The rule changes have destroyed the game. Remember the third year breakout WR? It took that long for the player to develop, now a QB can start year one and it is not because the players are better. It is because the game is easier.

3. The games have no flow to them and take to long to finish. The first SB took 2:37, today games go 3:30 with no extra action just Dead time filled with commercials. Instant reply sucks! Who wants to wait 5 minutes to see it the play was really a TD.

4. This is the worst one for me. The players negotiated for limited practice time. Not only is the amount of time they can practice limited, they can only practice in pads 11 times a year. How do you get better if you dont practice, how do you learn to tackle?

5. The NFL used to be athletes competing, now it is performers entertaining.

6. I watched sports to get away from politics and everyday life for a few hours. The NFL has been pushing an agenda for years and they no longer can fill that purpose.

So yes, the protests were just the last straw in a pile of straws for me. Im 5 weeks in on no football and I dont miss it at all, and no you dont have to watch to play FF.

Why do these players think we want to pay to see them protest???? Bye bye NFL

The NFL and various teams must think it's about the kneeling, because they're busy falling all over themselves to correct the unpatriotic behaviour in the eyes of the fans.

The Jags are apologizing to the military, as an example.

Wayne Huizenga?

Bless you

• Like 1

frisbee golf. :thumbsup:

The owners rolling over to the kneelers is the last straw.

I just stepped down as Commish of CCDL and informed both that league and my other dynasty league that this will be my last season. It'll also be my last year in 12 Geeks. I'll play out the year because I don't want to sell out my friends/leaguemates. This offseason I learned how hard it is to find replacement owners, and now my own enthusiasm balloon is deflated.

These lsat couple of weeks I've been neglecting my team and the league. Even though I really need a QB2, I didn't bother submitting any waiver claims this week, and I haven't updated the league page in a couple of weeks. Two things that would never happen in years past. I use to find pleasure in following the weekly roller coaster and searching for players, now it's a chore. I don't have the energy.

And the culprit 100% is the kneeling. I mean I'm a Lions fan, I've been through the wringer pretty badly and yet I always came back for more. I've played FF from overseas for 16 years even though it's much harder to do, I've commished for many years. I put up with seven years of Matt Millen running the Lions to include a 0-16 season, before that I stuck with them as Scott Mitchell's incompetence sabotaged the Barry Sanders years. I should be on board for the rest of my life and always thought I would be until a few weeks ago. But I just can't handle these kneelers disrespecting the flag each game. I can't hardly find any enthusiasm and my heart isn't into it anymore.

Ive said this before.

1. If kneeling during the National Anthem is your way of bringing light to a reputable cause, then I appreciate the effort but it didnt work. Go back and find a different vehicle for change. This way didnt work, the message is lost. :thumbsup:

2. If kneeling during the National Anthem was your way to cause angst, disruption, division, have a look at me moment, then congrats, you did it.

Most say it was for no.1. But it was really no.2.

The owners rolling over to the kneelers is the last straw.

I just stepped down as Commish of CCDL and informed both that league and my other dynasty league that this will be my last season. It'll also be my last year in 12 Geeks. I'll play out the year because I don't want to sell out my friends/leaguemates. This offseason I learned how hard it is to find replacement owners, and now my own enthusiasm balloon is deflated.

These lsat couple of weeks I've been neglecting my team and the league. Even though I really need a QB2, I didn't bother submitting any waiver claims this week, and I haven't updated the league page in a couple of weeks. Two things that would never happen in years past. I use to find pleasure in following the weekly roller coaster and searching for players, now it's a chore. I don't have the energy.

And the culprit 100% is the kneeling. I mean I'm a Lions fan, I've been through the wringer pretty badly and yet I always came back for more. I've played FF from overseas for 16 years even though it's much harder to do, I've commished for many years. I put up with seven years of Matt Millen running the Lions to include a 0-16 season, before that I stuck with them as Scott Mitchell's incompetence sabotaged the Barry Sanders years. I should be on board for the rest of my life and always thought I would be until a few weeks ago. But I just can't handle these kneelers disrespecting the flag each game. I can't hardly find any enthusiasm and my heart isn't into it anymore.

I am right behind you bro, check your post over there.