3.03-

4.03-

4.33-

4.39-

5.03-

6.05-

7.03-

7.16-

Please let Kirkpatrick or Gilmore be there @ 1.23!!!

:pray:

whassup butth0les? Ready for Teddy Thompson to make yet another draft his b!tch?

Ready to move up to grab a promising BJ Sander :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Bears pick is in .... and they break for commercial. :bench:

So many great options still available - OLine I hope

Shea was projected to the Packers.... da Bears reached...

Hopefully, he'll be better than Cade McNown/Curtis Enis/Raashaan Salaam :doublethumbsup:

Bears reach and the Vikes and Lions get the best two OTs in the draft.

The pats are seeing the value left and trading up.

My initial reaction was here we go again.

They need help on the Defensive side of the ball every where. DE fits and he looked good from what they showed. I like the looks of him over Jones. He looked like he could drop back in coverage as well. That will give them some flexibility against Rogers and Stafford.

Over all I'm ok with it.

Happy they didn't go WR or reach on the online.

Love the Perry pick! :music_guitarred:

:pointstosky:

Teddy you've done it again you sumbitch. Clay just bought a beer for Teddy in the warroom. :banana:

:wall:

Best OT, Jenkins or trade down?

WTF are you banging your head for? He's exactly what the Lions needed. Eff some stupid overrated CB. The Lions actually got a football player from a school known for OL. Stop acting like a Lions fan, you actually have a GM that knows what he's doing now.

WTF are you banging your head for? He's exactly what the Lions needed. Eff some stupid overrated CB. The Lions actually got a football player from a school known for OL. Stop acting like a Lions fan, you actually have a GM that knows what he's doing now.

are you half retard?

Nice. Glad we stayed away from Jenkins. Would have Ben happy with Cordy or Riley.

:wacko:

are you half retard?

:wacko:

No, but as a Lion fan, it's a prerequisite for you.

Please let Kirkpatrick or Gilmore be there @ 1.23!!!

Your team has needed OL for years. Much more than CB's.

They needed both. The DBs and LBs are awful. They made a good pick with Rieff but a CB would have been a great pick for them as well.

They needed both. The DBs and LBs are awful. They made a good pick with Rieff but a CB would have been a great pick for them as well.

CB's are only as good as their front 7 allow them to be. Believe it.

They badly need an OL to keep their superstar QB with past injury issues on his feet.

They didn't make any stupid moves to trade up, and they got a gift handed to them.

I'm not exactly sure why you're acting like a tool.

We need both and I was not planning on the 2nd best LT in the draft to fall to 23. Gilmore or Dre were a good possibility and we could have maybe got Mike Adams or Massie in the 2nd. I made the OP before the draft even started.

I'm not exactly sure why you're acting like a tool.

We need both and I was not planning on the 2nd best LT in the draft to fall to 23. Gilmore or Dre were a good possibility and we could have maybe got Mike Adams or Massie in the 2nd. I made the OP before the draft even started.

I don't know why I bother with Lions fans during a draft. :wacko:

Kudos to your GM for a great start to the draft. He's no Ted Thompson but he's better than most.

I wanted a CB too for the Lions. I knew we'd have not shot at DumDum who would be gone at the top of the draft but there was some reasonable hope that Gilmore or Kirkpatrick could fall. Well that didn't happen so once those three were off the table, taking the #4 CB became a reach. At that point I turned my attention to addressing the Lions' O-Line which is both old and mediocre. I was thrilled that both Reiff and DeCastro slid so far and were both still there and when Detroit was on the clock. Those were long minutes where I was pining for one or the other. Martin, don't fock this up. He didn't. I was really happy to see Reiff get picked.

Of the two, we're probaby better off with Reiff. For passing teams, the OT spot is so important. Stafford is a great QB but he has an injury history. If we can keep him on the field and without getting grass stains on his jersey, it allows him time to do his thing.

CB is still a glaring void. The LBs are good but no depth after the starters. We spend high picks on RBs that all become gimps, we may need to go back to the well again or hope one of them works out and pursue one of trhe cheap filler FA RB with most tread worn off the tires but still servicable.

CB's are only as good as their front 7 allow them to be. Believe it.

As a live witness to the Packer/Giants playoff game, there is nothing I believe more...

That's why I'm so excited about the packers' pick.... :thumbsup:

Think the North did well.

Vikes...great in getting some free picks and still getting Kalil. Time with tell on the Smith pick...I was happy the Packers stayed away as he is a bit slow for what I want out of them at safety and what they need with Collins gone...but a solid pick for Minny.

Detroit...have to shore up the line after almost ignoring it for years. CB sounds good and all, but there are still some guys out there...they would not have gotten a guy nearly as good as Reiff on the line.

Chicago...yeah, its a bit of an odd pick with their needs on the OL and Decastro was available. And may be a reach there but McCellin is a player. Should be nice for them but think he fits better in a 3-4.

Packers...love the Perry pick. Was hoping for Upshaw, but then think of Perry at his size being able to play DE more in their nickel (which they are in a lot) and it makes a ton of sense.

Now hoping they can make a move up and get Worthy to have the front 7 well taken care of.

Think the North did well.

Vikes...great in getting some free picks and still getting Kalil. Time with tell on the Smith pick...I was happy the Packers stayed away as he is a bit slow for what I want out of them at safety and what they need with Collins gone...but a solid pick for Minny.

Detroit...have to shore up the line after almost ignoring it for years. CB sounds good and all, but there are still some guys out there...they would not have gotten a guy nearly as good as Reiff on the line.

Chicago...yeah, its a bit of an odd pick with their needs on the OL and Decastro was available. And may be a reach there but McCellin is a player. Should be nice for them but think he fits better in a 3-4.

Packers...love the Perry pick. Was hoping for Upshaw, but then think of Perry at his size being able to play DE more in their nickel (which they are in a lot) and it makes a ton of sense.

Now hoping they can make a move up and get Worthy to have the front 7 well taken care of.

I agree. I don't think anyone from the Norris whiffed on their picks last night. Maybe Chicago thinks O-line there, but they also got rid of Martz, so maybe they're not too concerned with Cutler getting his brains bashed as much this year.

Detroit did well to solidify their O-line. Gotta protect the QB.

GB did well to get someone else to put pressure on the QB.

Love what the Vikes did at the top of the draft. Getting a stud LT and extra picks. The Smith pick was solid. He was the last available safety for a long time, and will step in as a day 1 starter. Had to address the secondary, and this pick does that.

At first I hated Shea at 19. Bears needed to address O line and there were other DE's with better measurables on the board.

Then I heard Emery speak about why they took Shea and I relaxed a little. Can't judge a guy by his first and only pick. God knows Angelo stunk up our draft boards for years.

And I think Tice knows the O line well enough to gauge his needs. Move Webb to the weak side and give Gabe a chance to protect Cutler's blind side.

Of course not calling plays that require 24 step drop backs will take a lot of pressure off of any O line. #hatemartz

Packers: Defense, defense, defense

I like it :thumbsup:

And they are getting high marks for some of these guys too. I'm pumped. I think they can start looking at some depth at TE now... We need another pass catching TE.

Thompson getting aggressive this year...and I love it.

Worthy in the 2nd when he could have been their pick at 28 is great.

Not giving up much to move up to get him or Hayward is fantastic.

Love the picks.

OMG. Thompson cannot be stopped. This draft is grabbing it's ankles. Teddy's driving and has no plans to stop.

Let's reach for a gimp at a postition we don't need in the second round. :thumbsdown: :wall: :cry:

Dammit!

At first I hated Shea at 19. Bears needed to address O line and there were other DE's with better measurables on the board.

Then I heard Emery speak about why they took Shea and I relaxed a little. Can't judge a guy by his first and only pick. God knows Angelo stunk up our draft boards for years.

And I think Tice knows the O line well enough to gauge his needs. Move Webb to the weak side and give Gabe a chance to protect Cutler's blind side.

Of course not calling plays that require 24 step drop backs will take a lot of pressure off of any O line. #hatemartz

I hope you are right about the o line. They keep saying gabe isnt a left tackle though and he may not be 100% by the start of the season.

If webb ends up as the bears left tackle cutler will get killed and again this will be a wasted season.

Let's reach for a gimp at a postition we don't need in the second round. :thumbsdown: :wall: :cry:

Dammit!

Broyles is a good talent, but the part that pissed me off... Peter Konz was right there. Grab him, rebuild that O-line. Reiff and Konz would have been a great start to the draft imo.

Let's reach for a gimp at a postition we don't need in the second round.

Dammit!

I had the exact same feeling when we drafted Derrick Williams in 2009. :mad: :o :shocking: :cry:

I didn't make any sense then nor does it now.

Vikes took Rhett Ellison, FB/TE, in the 4th. Earlier than I'd like, but a blocker was needed with Kleinsasser retiring. If he can turn out like Kleinsasser, he's worth a 4th rounder.

Who is this Ted Thompson doppelganger they have in GB's war room.

Trades up 3 times in this draft and taking all defense.

Defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense

Doesn't TT realize that that defense only lost one game last season?? :lol:

Defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, defense

Doesn't TT realize that that defense only lost one game last season?? :lol:

I wish they would have added some depth at TE, but they made this draft count - having a force opposite of Clay Matthews is the biggest addition. Can't wait to see these new cogs in the machine. Dom Capers magic touch has a lot to poke at this year. That and having players with breakout potential - like Finley and Cobb - I'm giddy.

I wish they would have added some depth at TE, but they made this draft count - having a force opposite of Clay Matthews is the biggest addition. Can't wait to see these new cogs in the machine. Dom Capers magic touch has a lot to poke at this year. That and having players with breakout potential - like Finley and Cobb - I'm giddy.

Pressuring the quarteback is what I care about the most and I believe they took huge steps...

Jarius Wynn, C.J. Wilson, Mike Neal and Howard Green -- the Mt. Rushmore of Mediocrity.... the last four winners of the Nobel Prize for Cordialness to Quarterbacks -- should be worried :lol: