Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Early Player Rankings

I don't agree that he is the number two or three wr talent wise.

Maybe at one time, I don't see it now.

I think Taylor isn't a QB that can support him enough too even make him a top ten Wr, I don't see top ten wr numbers from him last season or when he lat return.

I think the Signing of Landry hurts his ranking a lot.

I don't know how to rank him at this time, so it's going to a interesting issue to tract going forward.

I think we saw at the end of last year, with all that rust... and a non-NFL caliber QB, that Gordon still has talent and with a full off-season with the team, can refine it back to where he was. Taylor is a solid QB. Is he great? No, not at all, but he is at least average. I think Landry helps Gordon... not hurt. When Gordon was on the field, he was always the only pass catching talent on the field. Now, with Landry, and possibly Barkley in the backfield, teams won't be able to triple cover Gordon anymore. They'll only be able to give occasional safety help instead of having a cover man, short man, and deep man on every play. Plus, Taylor has a good deep ball. After free agency and the draft, we'll all have a better idea of what the team is going to look like, so I'm only speculating at this point.

Gordon has talent that's not in question.

But top two or three talent I do question.

And I think Landry hurts him a lot more then he helps him.

Volume.

First Taylor isn't a real true passer and I think a slot wr like Landry could become his best buddy.

I think that indeed will take away from Gordon, plus they have a very good your te, I don't see Taylor having the ability to feed all those weapons enough too make Gordon a wr 1.

Plus if they do indeed draft Barkely and I agree I think they will and should.

That also takes even more volume away from Gordon.

He's one I haven't do a lot of work on at this time, be use I'm just not sure about the situation as a whole.

And the end of last season his last three games of the five he played in he avg 9 points in ppr and caught 11/26 targets.

I don't see see it.

Proverbs 10:7&8.

Gordon has talent that's not in question.

But top two or three talent I do question.

And I think Landry hurts him a lot more then he helps him.

Volume.

First Taylor isn't a real true passer and I think a slot wr like Landry could become his best buddy.

I think that indeed will take away from Gordon, plus they have a very good your te, I don't see Taylor having the ability to feed all those weapons enough too make Gordon a wr 1.

Plus if they do indeed draft Barkely and I agree I think they will and should.

That also takes even more volume away from Gordon.

He's one I haven't do a lot of work on at this time, be use I'm just not sure about the situation as a whole.

And the end of last season his last three games of the five he played in he avg 9 points in ppr and caught 11/26 targets.

I don't see see it.

He doesn't need volume if the QB can get him the ball.

Counting the 11/26 targets against him with a QB who isn't even good enough to be called a bad starter is unfair. That percentage is a bit less than what it was with Campbell, Hoyer, and Weed in 2013... two of which weren't in the NFL the following season, the other is a backup. Give him Taylor, I think he's a top 5 fantasy WR... a good QB makes him a lock for #1, if he can stay clean.

Last season he had no other player that could complete with him for targets at the wr postion.

And do you think he does now?

Duke Johnson is still on the team and so is Njoku a young upstart IMO.

And they sign Taylor too feed them.

Volume is important.

2013 is also five seasons ago, i don't think it's now 2014 that's five seasons ago.

I don't think he's a wr1 when it comes to scoring ff points.

Hey thanks for the chat about this issue.

And when comes to a good QB making him a wr1, first I say I'm not sure that even true in 2018 and he doesn't have one, not a good passing QB atleast.

I'm sure that where we mostly differ.

Plus another stud wr on a weak QB team that might draft a stud rb, doesn't equal to me a true wr1, and I'm not willing to pay that price for Gordon.

Once thanks.

Last season he had no other player that could complete with him for targets at the wr postion.

And do you think he does now?

Duke Johnson is still on the team and so is Njoku a young upstart IMO.

And they sign Taylor too feed them.

Volume is important.

2013 is also five seasons ago, i don't think it's now 2014 that's five seasons ago.

I don't think he's a wr1 when it comes to scoring ff points.

Hey thanks for the chat about this issue.

And when comes to a good QB making him a wr1, first I say I'm not sure that even true in 2018 and he doesn't have one, not a good passing QB atleast.

I'm sure that where we mostly differ.

Plus another stud wr on a weak QB team that might draft a stud rb, doesn't equal to me a true wr1, and I'm not willing to pay that price for Gordon.

Once thanks.

If Gordon was 30+, I'd agree with you... but he's 26 and still in his prime. I see no reason why he can't produce with less volume. I think he'd be much more efficient. He also wouldn't need the volume. For his career, Gordon has a reception rate of 52% and a ypr of 17.3 (last year he was 18.6). If he keeps that same ypr but with a QB that is more accurate than the one's prior, and he increases his reception rate to 62%... which is 6% less than Antonio Brown ( since he became a regular starter - which I think is fair), would yield him a 93 reception season for 1600 yards if he had 140 targets... which is about 40 less than Antonio Brown's 16-game norm.

AJ Green's career reception pct is 58.5%, so let's put Gordon at that, with only 120 targets. That's still 70 receptions for 1200 yards. With 0 TD's, the prior numbers is a 253 point season and the later, 190 points in a ppr league. Last year, that would rank him 7th or 24th respectively. Give him just 6 TD's, that'll put him at 3rd or 11th. Split the difference, that's a 575 point season, ranking him 7th.

Just a slight tick of improved efficiency and he's a top 10 fantasy WR... and that's with only a 120 target season.

Another note, he was a #1 WR in 2013 (#2 overall), with a bunch of turds throwing him the ball, so he clearly doesn't need a good QB to be productive.

• Like 1

Again he was all that and a box of chocolates in 2013.

It's now five full seasons later.

Plus I don't think they had anyone else on that 2013 team as close to the talent level Landry will bring to this team.

You quote scripture that reads "the memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot." and "The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin."

First: We don't need non secular "chatter" on the mange bored. It's fantasy football after all..

Second: The sh!t you just quoted applies to you more than most here.

• Like 1

You quote scripture that reads "the memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot." and "The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin."

First: We don't need non secular "chatter" on the mange bored. It's fantasy football after all..

Second: The sh!t you just quoted applies to you more than most here.

Word

You quote scripture that reads "the memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot." and "[/size]The wise in heart accept commands,[/size] [/size]but a chattering fool comes to ruin." [/size]

First: We don't need non secular "chatter" on the mange bored. It's fantasy football after all..[/size]

Second: The sh!t you just quoted applies to you more than most here. [/size]

Word times two.