Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Comey Book

Let me start by saying I think Trump is a moron. Said this a thousand times. Agree with much of the republican platform, and am glad to see some of those things being implemented. However, Trump is a doosh.

Yet....this is ALL there is to this Comey book? I saw some of the excerpts. BIG DEAL..Seriously. I don't see anything of substance there. It plays out like something you might find on TMZ. Utterly nothing more than Trump is kind of dumb, and morally suspect. Who didn't know this already?

Everyone who voted fro him knew this coming in, this is simply not a revelation. I haven't even clicked over to CNN yet to see how they will lay this, but I'm pretty sure it will make me want to vomit.

Doesnt seem like much in there now.

And he wasnt ever going to put it all out as he does t want to hinder Mueller.

That said...why even wrote it now and release it now. Not a good look at all. The only good right now is how it triggers Trump more. But a few tweets or an article in the NYT or Wash Post does that just as effectively.

Comey will make a ton off of it though based inthe pre sale numbers.

He cares about his image and money

A higher loyalty

CNN's headline:

"Comey's devastating takedown of Trump:"

Opening line: It is nothing less than the most devastating, contemporaneous takedown of a sitting president in modern history

CNN. :doh:

CNN's headline:

Opening line: It is nothing less than the most devastating, contemporaneous takedown of a sitting president in modern history

Good on CNN, I like that they don't even try to hide it any longer.

:thumbsup:

CNN's headline:

While the hyperbole is there and its a lot we already know...when else has a respected former FBI director made such statements about a sitting president?

While the hyperbole is there and its a lot we already know...when else has a respected former FBI director made such statements about a sitting president?

oh he's respected by the hacks again. :doh:

Comey acting like a scorned woman. Throwing gas on the fire which is helping to divide the country even more. I see he's back in the good graces of liberals and the MSM. 75% of the population realize Trump is a dolt, this book was completely unnecessary, and nothing more then a self serving money grab. He's a hack.

That said...why even wrote it now and release it now. Not a good look at all. The only good right now is how it triggers Trump more. But a few tweets or an article in the NYT or Wash Post does that just as effectively.

Mr. Comey you have the right to remain silent....

Let me start by saying I think Trump is a moron. Said this a thousand times. Agree with much of the republican platform, and am glad to see some of those things being implemented. However, Trump is a doosh.

Yet....this is ALL there is to this Comey book? I saw some of the excerpts. BIG DEAL..Seriously. I don't see anything of substance there. It plays out like something you might find on TMZ. Utterly nothing more than Trump is kind of dumb, and morally suspect. Who didn't know this already?

Everyone who voted fro him knew this coming in, this is simply not a revelation. I haven't even clicked over to CNN yet to see how they will lay this, but I'm pretty sure it will make me want to vomit.

Couple of excerpts...well I guess that's good enough for me, nothing to see here.

Wake me up when he writes a book about the corruption in the DNC, Hillary's behavior and scandals, Holder refusing to testify, fast and furious, Holder monitoring phone calls of the press illegally, the secret Iran payment, etc etc. You know, that way the ex-head of the FBI isn't showing favoritism. Wake me up when he's balanced towards his criticism.

Eta: Obama doing next to nothing with the Russian interference. The list can go on and on.

Wake me up when he writes a book about the corruption in the DNC, Hillary's behavior and scandals, Holder refusing to testify, fast and furious, Holder monitoring phone calls of the press illegally, the secret Iran payment, etc etc. You know, that way the ex-head of the FBI isn't showing favoritism. Wake me up when he's balanced towards his criticism.

Eta: Obama doing next to nothing with the Russian interference. The list can go on and on.

and Sho was silent about all of that.

I guess the only thing I would add is that by your own admission, you only read excerpts. Excerpts by definition are incredibly small Snippets from an overall manuscript. Even the Press hasn't been given access to the full book yet. So, I'm sort of withholding judgment. They usually release small salacious details prior to the rollout of the book. The more substance of stuff doesn't generally make for great snippet, soundbite material.

I guess the only thing I would add is that by your own admission, you only read excerpts. Excerpts by definition are incredibly small Snippets from an overall manuscript. Even the Press hasn't been given access to the full book yet. So, I'm sort of withholding judgment. They usually release small salacious details prior to the rollout of the book. The more substance of stuff doesn't generally make for great snippet, soundbite material.

CNN, AP, NYT, all received advanced copies. Maybe more.

Never..but the hyperbole is where I take issue.

That I would say is sometimes true. But come on. This is not normal. It's the President, who is under attack by CNN. You think they would keep the most damning stuff quiet? I don't. Not for a second.

That I would say is sometimes true. But come on. This is not normal. It's the President, who is under attack by CNN. You think they would keep the most damning stuff quiet? I don't. Not for a second.

:lol:

CNN, AP, NYT, all received advanced copies. Maybe more.

I'm not seeing or hearing that. In fact, just the opposite. Heard a CNN newsbabe say she can't wait until the full book is released. Another story about how security is extra-tight.

Not saying your'e fibbing, just not seeing that.

As far a some of the comments above:

1) Comey is still highly respected at the FBI - as is Mueller. You don't get much straighter or better than Bob Mueller. Read his history. The fact that people who didn't even know these guys' names - until Trump started trashing them - says a lot. Read the things written by both sides of the aisle when Mueller was extended and then again when Comey was nominated.

2) Even if it were a 'cash grab'. Good for him. Fired, humiliated, not even given a ride home or the professionalism of a ftf termination. Constant character assassination - and don't forget - he's paying his own lawyer's bills.

But even putting that all aside? If I had an incompetent lying assface like Trump trashing me to the world? Yeah, I'd hit back hard.

Face it - Trump dirties everyone he touches. The only one so far to emerge unscathed is Hope Hicks. After a while, what's easier to believe? The whole world is lying about you - or vice versa?

I'm not seeing or hearing that. In fact, just the opposite. Heard a CNN newsbabe say she can't wait until the full book is released. Another story about how security is extra-tight.

Not saying your'e fibbing, just not seeing that.

It's not hard to find :dunno:

The book goes on sale Tuesday, but exclusive excerpts in Axios and the New York Post, as well as advance copies obtained by the New York Times, Daily Beast, Washington Post, and CNN, have revealed the extent of Comeys takedown ahead of a planned promotion tour.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/zmggpe/comey-book-trump-revelations&ved=2ahUKEwjAseGL3rfaAhWqz4MKHZ7aBGoQFjAKegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2fSU8shrDW3rk_hJJ3uVc5&ampcf=1

All these outlets have the same "theme". I wonder. Hmmmm.

Don't ever stop.

As far a some of the comments above:

1) Comey is still highly respected at the FBI - as is Mueller. You don't get much straighter or better than Bob Mueller. Read his history. The fact that people who didn't even know these guys' names - until Trump started trashing them - says a lot. Read the things written by both sides of the aisle when Mueller was extended and then again when Comey was nominated.

2) Even if it were a 'cash grab'. Good for him. Fired, humiliated, not even given a ride home or the professionalism of a ftf termination. Constant character assassination - and don't forget - he's paying his own lawyer's bills.

But even putting that all aside? If I had an incompetent lying assface like Trump trashing me to the world? Yeah, I'd hit back hard.

Face it - Trump dirties everyone he touches. The only one so far to emerge unscathed is Hope Hicks. After a while, what's easier to believe? The whole world is lying about you - or vice versa?

They are respected by politically appointed SES and useful idiots manipulated by MSM.

Actual FBI agents think they are both scumbag piece of ###### lawyers who have disgraced the bureau. Two empty suits who were transferred over from DOJ for political reasons and essentially ran the FBI into the ground over the next 16 years. Scandal and failure after scandal and failure after scandal and failure.

Don't ever stop.

You think Comey didnt run things by others to make sure he didnt interfere in Muellers investigation?

Really?

They are respected by politically appointed SES and useful idiots manipulated by MSM.

Actual FBI agents think they are both scumbag piece of ###### lawyers who have disgraced the bureau. Two empty suits who were transferred over from DOJ for political reasons and essentially ran the FBI into the ground over the next 16 years. Scandal and failure after scandal and failure after scandal and failure.

Why do you lie in such a way thats so easy to prove you are full of ?

Again...this a is why you are nothing more than a troll.

https://www.federaltimes.com/management/leadership/2017/08/17/internal-fbi-surveys-show-high-support-for-ex-fbi-head-comey/

So, just to clarify, all the forum liberals think Comey is NOW the best person ever?

This is not what any of them believed when he was still FBI Director. What's changed? Can anyone tell me?

Pretty interesting interview of him on ABC tonight. Here's the transcript: http://abcnews.go.com/Site/transcript-james-comeys-interview-abc-news-chief-anchor/story?id=54488723

Regardless of what you think of him, he's been involved in a whole lot of big sh1t. Even way before the election with the Bush torture stuff and whatnot. Interesting to hear his take on all of it.

Personally I think he's arrogant and fall of himself but ultimately in love with justice. Or his notion of justice anyway--that's one of the problems, is you have to understand that the term is in many ways subjective. You can take it too far and he probably has, but it's not the worst thing in the world to be a slave to.

I think he was put in a real tough spot with the election (Hilary Clinton email scandal and Russia investigation) and made a series of defensible but ultimately damaging blunders. Each one made the next step worse. One of those things where every turn in the path made some sense but you end up way far afield of where you should've been.

• Like 1

Not even close to true. Think about it, were you and your types bitching about these guys before Trump decided he didn't love them. Because he loved them before he hated them remember?

Just look up the comments from mowers retirement ceremony. Or look for comments from actual FBI agents. He still a rockstar there. And Trump is universally derided for trashing or law enforcement and intelligence communities.

But even if I pulled out 10 different deputies for each of those guys all saying the best things about them, you would claim that they're all political hacks. You're on the losing side, But yeah keep backing that horse.

I'd mention the part where he's a war hero who was shot through the leg, we know how you chicken hawk type treat war heroes in this Administration.

So, just to clarify, all the forum liberals think Comey is NOW the best person ever?

This is not what any of them believed when he was still FBI Director. What's changed? Can anyone tell me?

It's funny how you guys just make up scenarios from the past and positions that never were, just so you can what, win a non argument?

Employee surveys released last year show FBI employees consistently gave Comey high marks. And emails published this week by the Lawfare blog show FBI field office leaders using words like "profound sadness" and "hard to understand" in spreading the news about Comey's May 9 termination, one of the events now under investigation by Mueller for possible obstruction of justice.

One of the things I like best is it's just driving Trump nuts. Funny how you kids haven't brought up Trump's Twitter feed from the last couple of days. He is absolutely going batshit crazy. And honestly? You can't ask for much more than that. He's just becoming more and more Unwound and unhinged.😂

You think Comey didnt run things by others to make sure he didnt interfere in Muellers investigation?

Really?

you are seriously D.U.M.B.

One of the things I like best is it's just driving Trump ###### nuts. Funny how you kids haven't brought up Trump's Twitter feed from the last couple of days. He is absolutely going batshit crazy. And honestly? You can't ask for much more than that. He's just becoming more and more Unwound and unhinged.😂

ill let you know when he goes full wiffle

One of the things I like best is it's just driving Trump ###### nuts. Funny how you kids haven't brought up Trump's Twitter feed from the last couple of days. He is absolutely going batshit crazy. And honestly? You can't ask for much more than that. He's just becoming more and more Unwound and unhinged.😂

And even then...he's still only a tiny fraction of how unhinged the left has been.

Thing is I can get on board with a lot of liberal policies but I would never in my life identify as a democrat or liberal just for the fact of how you people act and have acted. I would never want to be associated with that. I'm not joking it's seriously one of the most pathetic things I think I've ever seen.

I wasn't a huge fan of Obama but I didn't spend his entire presidency crying on message boards day after day about it.

It's funny how you guys just make up scenarios from the past and positions that never were, just so you can what, win a non argument?

Its all Max and some of them have. Make up something to hide their own hypocrisy by projecting it on others. When asked to back it up...crickets.