Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**Golf Talk** thread

I was hoping to go 2day, but I got tied up in the office.. I'm heading out there Sunday... If weather holds up, I will go out there 2morow too.

:thumbsup:

Make sure you stalk Lexi for me :wub:

Really digging this team format styled tour event this week... Spieth and Palmer look great together - get those biatches 2gether on the RC.

I've played that golf course a few times. It's tough but fair depending on the wind. Read somewhere yesterday that the players voted it the worst course on tour. They did this format to get some of the top players to play in it. Had they not, no one of importance would have played.

Hitting the ball well. But total headcase on the greens and its starting to get scary. On putts 10 feet and it i pull back the putter then there is almost a hitch lile im afraid to hit it. I wave ot it and sally it. Even on a 3 footer breaking right I wont commit and will wave it and fan it weak right.

It is becoming ridiculous

Hitting the ball well. But total headcase on the greens and its starting to get scary. On putts 10 feet and it i pull back the putter then there is almost a hitch lile im afraid to hit it. I wave ot it and sally it. Even on a 3 footer breaking right I wont commit and will wave it and fan it weak right.

Check to see if your lower body and head are staying still or if they're moving. Also try shortening your backswing.

Just got back from a Communion ceremony/reception, thought about playing 9... It's blowing damn near 30 here, day drinking it is.

Check to see if your lower body and head are staying still or if they're moving. Also try shortening your backswing.

I think a shorter stroke is good advice but will just have to work on that stroke. I think that is something I am going to focus on. I used to be a very good putter. It has slowly become a problem especially on the 10 foot and in putts. Even more so on the 4 or 5 footers downhill. Not even getting a real stroke on it. It has slowly become a real problem where I am just a total headcase. 4 years ago I would have never thought I would have trouble with the putting stroke. Bad habits have slowly turned into total breakdown of any fundamentals.

They weren't. I've played that course a few times in the wind. What they did today was amazing. I know they were throwing darts. But that course is long playing from the backs with the wind we've had.

18 is a fun hole. I was watching the end and was impressed how they handled it. You don't get there in two. That front bunker or water on the right eats your sh!t. The wind is the devil out there. Barely any trees and loaded with sand traps.

Fun course. Very flat. And the greens are slow. You can aim at the flag on every hole. Par 3 are ridiculously long. I shot an 82 out there from the blues. Not a hard track.

Funny observation: I was sitting on my couch watching. When the last group was chipping and then putting, it was almost dark outside of my place. The coverage made it look like there was still some daylight out.

9 am today on GC

playoff for Zurich Classic today

Tin Cup, Kevin Kisner with the hole out of all hole outs on 18 yesterday for Eagle (in the dark)

They weren't. I've played that course a few times in the wind. What they did today was amazing. I know they were throwing darts. But that course is long playing from the backs with the wind we've had.

18 is a fun hole. I was watching the end and was impressed how they handled it. You don't get there in two. That front bunker or water on the right eats your sh!t. The wind is the devil out there. Barely any trees and loaded with sand traps.

Fun course. Very flat. And the greens are slow. You can aim at the flag on every hole. Par 3 are ridiculously long. I shot an 82 out there from the blues. Not a hard track.

Funny observation: I was sitting on my couch watching. When the last group was chipping and then putting, it was almost dark outside of my place. The coverage made it look like there was still some daylight out.

I was actually talking about my golf game, not the PGA. It was windy on Cape Cod and it was a little chilly. However, the course we were playing was in pretty good shape compared to the bumpy greens we had the prior 2 days. :dunno:

Shot an 85 Saturday morning.

down from a 98 2 weeks before.

H 4/29/17 85 69.8/125 13.7 Rockport Golf Club
H 4/16/17 93 69.8/125 21.0 Rockport Golf Club
H 4/15/17 98 69.8/125 25.5 Rockport Golf Club

3, 3 putts. :thumbsdown:

had a chip in.

reached a par 5 green side bunker in 2, failed to get my 1st shot out, almost jarred my 2nd bunker shot, knocked in the putt.

is that a double sandie :o

Concentrate on releasing the club head and following through. I was doing the same thing and stopping the follow through to watch the putt and was consistently coming up short and was less accurate. Little tip made a big diffeence

I was actually talking about my golf game, not the PGA. It was windy on Cape Cod and it was a little chilly. However, the course we were playing was in pretty good shape compared to the bumpy greens we had the prior 2 days. :dunno:

What course did you play?

What course did you play?

Played Poquoy Brook on Friday, Captains (Starboard) on Saturday and Cranberry Valley on Sunday.

Cameron Smith aka Alfred E. Neuman

:thumbsup:

Make sure you stalk Lexi for me :wub:

The focking weather totally destroyed the weekend here.. Sunday was blowing 30 mph+, out of the north - and cold.. Then we had storms and tornadoes all over the damn place.

Never made it out. :mad:

Played Poquoy Brook on Friday, Captains (Starboard) on Saturday and Cranberry Valley on Sunday.

Nice I play the captains from time to time and have played cranberry valley often too. Never played Poquoy

Nice I play the captains from time to time and have played cranberry valley often too. Never played Poquoy

Poquoy is off Cape in Lakeville. Nice little track. Very inexpensive. Redoing the clubhouse and have all new carts. We like it because it is about halfway to where we stay on the Cape, so we play there on the way down instead of the more expensive and windier places in Plymouth.

Poquoy is off Cape in Lakeville. Nice little track. Very inexpensive. Redoing the clubhouse and have all new carts. We like it because it is about halfway to where we stay on the Cape, so we play there on the way down instead of the more expensive and windier places in Plymouth.

I played New Seabury a few years back and it was so windy it really wasn't a lot of fun even though the first 4 holes are basically on the beach

I am so tired of hearing Dottie Pepper and other toe suckers during the broadcast tell me what a great putt they hit, that didn't go in or even really come close.

a good putt goes in. fock off

also saying a guy "is a good putter" oh really? he's on the PGA tour and he can putt well? fock off

Oh that was a PERFECT shot. Did it go in? No. THAN IT WASN'T PERFECT!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I can't get of the focking tee :mad: other than that not bad. I'm a scramble for bogey golfer because I can't drive for . Duck hook city...cure ?

I can't get of the focking tee :mad: other than that not bad. I'm a scramble for bogey golfer because I can't drive for ######. Duck hook city...cure ?

Impossible to say w/out seeing your swing.. But the most basic cures for most:

* change your grip

* change your ball position

* change your shaft, go stiffer - lower torque, higher bend point

I can't get of the focking tee :mad: other than that not bad. I'm a scramble for bogey golfer because I can't drive for ######. Duck hook city...cure ?

Keep your neck still

Impossible to say w/out seeing your swing.. But the most basic cures for most:

* change your grip

* change your ball position

* change your shaft, go stiffer - lower torque, higher bend point

*take a lesson

*take a lesson

True - but if they were doing that, they wouldn't be asking here.

Practice swing like Jeter. Cut way across it. Then step up and do the same and hit the ball. Hey it is adding one bad habit in order to cure another, but you may get out of the duck hook. And sometimes if it seems hopeless it is good to just feel and see the ball go the opposite direction for a change.

I fade the ball naturally but I know what an inside out swing feels like. Last year I was getting into more of a slice than a fade so I started to make a bunch of way inside out swings just to see the ball do something different, even if it was a hard hook. I gradually got my swing to settle back into a slight fade.

I inadvertently quoted you. :mad:

My sporadic golf schedule is really costing me consistency and low scores right now. I'm playing like once every 3 weeks, and never practicing between rounds. It's leading to lots of rounds like the following....

Played Pecan Valley Hills yesterday. First time out there in over a year. The greens were in just horrible shape, so bad that they gave everyone 30% off their round. It was like playing Plinko.....On the front side, I shot a frustrating 44. I wasn't striking it well, and I couldn't scramble on the plinko board....but then off the tee on 9, I just made a slightly better effort to square the face at impact, and everything clicked. And at the same time I learned to hit every putt 25% harder and just try and power through the plinko board.....

I birdied 9, 12, 15, and 16. 44-37 for an 81 that made me want to immediately drive to a different course with real greens and play 18 more....but I had kid stuff to do and of course I probably won't be able to play this coming weekend. Frustrating.

weather sucks

Saturday was perfect, 88*, 5 mph wind, sunny as hell - and I choked on my own vomit... Limped in with an 83 and got my ass handed to me in - brutally in fact... I've got driver problems.. The funny thing is, I know the problem - I'm just having a hard time convincing my muscle memory to stop focking doing it. :wall:

weather sucks

Yup. Sadly shot 94 yesterday from the whites. Not gonna get too down about it though. It was 45 degrees at most with 20 MPH winds and the course was sloppier then Hope Solo's fish bucket.

nice weather here on sunday afternoon. Snuck out for a naptime 9 that wife was kind to extend to 18... I'm still numb in my hand from the pinched nerve and my back muscles are only starting to rehab, so i am still off 3/4 a club on distance...better than the 1.5 clubs i was short initially playing a few weeks ago... Greens are almost putting ok, still very slow compared to where they are when in true form.. I hear they are punching again mid june, so by the time they are good will get FUBAR'ed again...

That said i was pretty good putting from 5-10' and managed a 41/44... was pretty happy with that. I started the season with a HCP of 9, and was dreading going above 10 because its nice to know the highest score i can card is a double bogey. above 10 you can card a triple. I am by definition a streaky golfer... I basically play the course over a series of runs, with the blowup holes scattered. trending at a 9.2 now, hopefully get fully healthy before i hit 10.

People i play with say the injury was a blessing in disguise as i have no ability to go after swings, and im just taking a compact controlled swing that is pretty much on plane. Just mentally went through my round and i didn't miss a fairway with my driver... Can't remember the last time i didn't find the rough at least once. 14 driver holes on my course

Yup. Sadly shot 94 yesterday from the whites. Not gonna get too down about it though. It was 45 degrees at most with 20 MPH winds and the course was sloppier then Hope Solo's fish bucket.

99 my 1st round of the year.

I wanted to hang it up.

who knew 2 weeks later I'd drop 15 strokes

That said i was pretty good putting from 5-10' and managed a 41/44... was pretty happy with that. I started the season with a HCP of 9, and was dreading going above 10 because its nice to know the highest score i can card is a double bogey. above 10 you can card a triple. I am by definition a streaky golfer... I basically play the course over a series of runs, with the blowup holes scattered. trending at a 9.2 now, hopefully get fully healthy before i hit 10.

I think that between 10-19 USGA, you can only card a max 7.

thats true... above 10 and a triple on par 4's and quads on par 3's are in play. My course has long par 3's that can get ugly quick.

True story. PFB knows stuff