Sign in to follow this  
Scatterjack

Could you all please give me input

I am putting together a model for another Dynasty league that will hopefully replace my crappy local 2 player keeper league. I am basing this league closely on The Dungeon. I wanted get a few ideas from the people who have been in this league for a few years.

We have our salary cap which we have to meet during the cutdown phase each spring. Once that cap number is met we can acquire players via trade/free agency and dont have to worry about the current season's cap.

Trades would have to be structured so that a team would have to stay under the cap. Dealing a high priced veteran for future draft picks would be impossible unless the team acquiring the veteran dropped enough players to meet the cap requirements.

In my model I am trying to incorporate a way to have a cycle of players going on/off rosters. This is one way to help accomplish that goal. The other woud be to have a maximum roster size which I am going to try to incorporate as well.

This idea would restrict trade potential somewhat but would also discourage the "firesale" mentality (where a losing team could deal all his veterans for future considerations, ie; draft picks......rendering that team uncompetetive). Would this be a positive or negative thing for a league? No one complains when this happens in MLB.

What other possible benefits and/or ramifications would there be to creating the cap structure so that your team must remain under the cap at all times?

thanks

I love game design... :lol:

In your intial draft, make the first three players for every team their "A" list.

You can only trade or cut one "A" list player a season, once you traded or cut that player, that owner must designate someone to take that spot. A team would always have 3 players on that list and you could easily regulate the "firesale" mentality on any owner.