Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

What is the value of the 1.01 this year (rookie draft)

In all the rookie drafts (dynasty leagues) I have seen so far, Zeke has obviously been the choice. With so many Cowboys fans thinking he is the be all, end all, what is the value of this pick? In a league I am in, I traded for the pick shortly after the season. I gave up LeSean McCoy and some bench fodder with the expectation of drafting Zeke. Now, I am wondering if I would be better off accepting a trade if the right one comes along. It isn't that I doubt Elliott's ability, but that I have seen some "reported" trades where the person holding the 1.01 walked away with a boatload of young talent. Is this a yearly thing where the 1.01 in a rookie draft gets people excited, or is Zeke untradable? Thoughts?

He was traded for 3 first round picks in one of my leagues. How did you get Zeke for Mccoy? That doesnt make sense at all. Mccoy has been hurt and under performing the past 2-3 years. Plus there are two capable backs on the roster that will eat into his touched. Plus he is getting old. If your league is that dumb then yeah trade him for everything you can get. I would try to get david johnson and another piece if I were you. Like if an owner had djohns and kevin white, I would request both of those guys for Zeke.

• Like 1

The other pieces I gave up may be valuable to some people, but they weren't for me. I gave up the 1.10, Anthony Dalton (I had 4 QB's, with Dalton being the lowest scorer) and Davante Adams (who looked worthless last season, so I cut bait). The guy who agreed to the trade had traded for the 1.01 as well. His team is pretty stacked, but he needed a better QB than what was on his roster (Tyrod Taylor) and he lives in Buffalo, so the McCoy offer was worth it to him. His roster already includes the Bills Defense, Tyrod and Watkins. He also has Clay, but he doesn't use him as he has Greg O. too. The trade worked for him as he gets another Bills player, and a better QB. He isn't sold Zeke will start in 2016 either. The 1.10 was useless to me. I like about 6 players in this rookie draft. After that, I think it's a total crapshoot (isn't it always anyway?) and guys taken in the 3rd round may be as good as the guys taken later in round one.

Our league is a 12 team league, starting one QB. I had four as I picked up Cousins on waivers, kept Tannehill as I thought Miami may go after Gase and also have Luck, who did nothing for me last season. So, I don't think I really gave up anything that will come back to haunt me unless he gets really lucky with the 1.10.

Its pretty huge with Zeke. But as usual, a sure thing almost never is in FF and Zeke wont finish as ROY. Things just never work out like we think they will in FF. ABrown wont be the top wr, whatever consensus top RB wont be the top RB. Its just how it goes. But zeke still has insane value in rookie drafts and is well worth a haul for the pick.

• Like 1

Several years ago, I traded for the 1.01 and 1.02. I selected Trent Richardson and Doug Martin. I should have traded those picks.... lol I usually do well selecting the WR's, as I think they are easier to "scout" (from the couch). Running Backs are heavily dependent on the scheme, the line, QB play, can the WR's block downfield, will they be stuck in a rbbc after a bad outing or two....

I wouldn't trade him for picks. If you've got real offers I'd consider it. I'm pretty high on him going forward though.

Yeah later 1sts this year do nothing for me. Now if it was for a top 5 this year and two 2017 1sts, id consider it. Still I would be looking for legit players.

Several years ago, I traded for the 1.01 and 1.02. I selected Trent Richardson and Doug Martin. I should have traded those picks.... lol I usually do well selecting the WR's, as I think they are easier to "scout" (from the couch). Running Backs are heavily dependent on the scheme, the line, QB play, can the WR's block downfield, will they be stuck in a rbbc after a bad outing or two....

I've been there and done that.

I've had the 1.01, once in my life. I was desperate for a running back, and Mark Ingram was my guy. I had some pretty decent offers for the pick too, can't remember them, but they were workable. Turned them all down, not even counters on my part, I was zoned in.

Took Ingram, and my disappointment started immediately.

Especially when the 1.02, and 1.03 picks were AJ Green and Julio Jones.

• Like 1

In my league this year 1.01 was traded straight up for Andrew Luck.

In my league this year 1.01 was traded straight up for Andrew Luck.

Wow. Is it a league where the QB is that important? They are typically the highest scoring people, but I can't imagine giving up a "potential" Gurley or AP for Luck. Too many QB's are so close together in points that I am comfortable having two or three guys in the 8-16 range and playing the matchups. In my redraft leagues, I usually wait until the top 7 or 8 or off the board before I even consider one, then I'll grab another within two rounds. I tried the strategy of taking a QB high only twice. One was the year Rodgers broker his collarbone and the other was last season in a big redraft league where you earned points for longer passes. I took Luck at the top of Round Two and paid the price.

Wow. Is it a league where the QB is that important? They are typically the highest scoring people, but I can't imagine giving up a "potential" Gurley or AP for Luck. Too many QB's are so close together in points that I am comfortable having two or three guys in the 8-16 range and playing the matchups. In my redraft leagues, I usually wait until the top 7 or 8 or off the board before I even consider one, then I'll grab another within two rounds. I tried the strategy of taking a QB high only twice. One was the year Rodgers broker his collarbone and the other was last season in a big redraft league where you earned points for longer passes. I took Luck at the top of Round Two and paid the price.

You are thinking in terms of redraft not dynasty. Not a bad move

yeah, Dynasty makes a huge difference. QB's can play up to the age of 38-40. RB's are lucky if their career takes them past the age of 30.

QB does take usually a year or two before they are startable. RB often can start in year 1, but sometimes need a year as backup. In theory, if you drafted Peyton Manning in round 1 back in the day, you would have cycled through 2 or 3 Starting RB's in the timeframe of his career. Thats a long time to not have to replace a player on a fantasy roster.

so if your team is barren, you are building a team to be good for a long while, you draft a QB in year 1, a RB in year 2 and WR/TE thereafter.

This is what kills me in dynasty leagues. I play mostly redrafts, but have one long running dynasty league I am a part of. I can win my redrafts fairly often, but the dynasty league title eludes me. I think in terms of redraft too often and confuse them, but in reality, they are totally different styles and need to be viewed as such. I wish I could figure out a way to remember that. I've ruined some pretty great dynasty rosters in this league by allowing myself to think of it as more of a redraft.

• Like 1

This is what kills me in dynasty leagues. I play mostly redrafts, but have one long running dynasty league I am a part of. I can win my redrafts fairly often, but the dynasty league title eludes me. I think in terms of redraft too often and confuse them, but in reality, they are totally different styles and need to be viewed as such. I wish I could figure out a way to remember that. I've ruined some pretty great dynasty rosters in this league by allowing myself to think of it as more of a redraft.

You just have to remember when making trades that you need to give a player 2 ratings.

one for present value.

one for future value.

Present value gets you the title when you are close.

future value is what gets you to that point.

The hard part for most, is determining when present value is worth more than future value. And its rarely an easy decision.

• Like 3

I'm going to use a trade from last year for a reference. We can keep any 6 players for however long we want and ppr. I was offered pick 1.1 and 6.1 for 1.4, 3.4, and Carlos Hyde. I accepted the trade. Some owners thought I over paid and other thought it was a fair price. I took Gurley and he took Gordon.

I have the top pick in 2 dynasty leagues and I sure won't be trading it. I need RBs!!

It's why I'm picking first!

I have the top pick in 2 dynasty leagues and I sure won't be trading it. I need RBs!!

It's why I'm picking first!

I would target the Djohnson owner and see if he would trade straight up. Better receiving numbers for sure. Maybe even Djohns and something else.

Maybe I should mention I'm a huge Cowboys fan.

I'm not so high though on D Johnson. I sold high on him, traded him for Luck.

Maybe I should mention I'm a huge Cowboys fan.

I'm not so high though on D Johnson. I sold high on him, traded him for Luck.

You needed rbs and then traded Djohns? Hes better than Gurley potentially with his reception numbers. Man him and Zeke would have been a good combo. I have Luck and I dont know that I could get Djohns. I highly doubt it. Would do it if I could probably.

I'm sorry I'm just now getting around to this. In my experts' dynasty league earlier this month, I offered the following for 1.01 and was rejected:

C.J. Anderson, Matt Jones and Julian Edelman for 1.01 and Travis Benjamin

C.J. Anderson, Dion Lewis and Julian Edelman for 1.01 and Travis Benjamin

However, I may have made out better in the end, as I was offered the following deal (and accepted):

C.J. Anderson, Ronnie Hillman and Julian Edelman for Lamar Miller and Donald Brown. He has since dropped Hillman.

Just traded picks 1.01, 2.09, and a 2017 2nd rounder along with Golden Tate...

Got Antonio Brown.

He was traded for 3 first round picks in one of my leagues. How did you get Zeke for Mccoy? That doesnt make sense at all. Mccoy has been hurt and under performing the past 2-3 years. Plus there are two capable backs on the roster that will eat into his touched. Plus he is getting old. If your league is that dumb then yeah trade him for everything you can get. I would try to get david johnson and another piece if I were you. Like if an owner had djohns and kevin white, I would request both of those guys for Zeke.

He pulled the trade after the season ended. At that time, nobody knew Zeke was going to be a Cowboy. If he'd have become a Browns RB he wouldn't have quite the love he does as a Cowboy.

I'd give my left nut to own Zeek behind that cowboys line for the next 5 years.

I wish I owned zeek and you were in my league

I wish I owned zeek and you were in my league

What are you going to do with Flgatorguy's left nut? I'm not sure how much that is worth on the open market :lol: :overhead:

I traded 1.1 for freeman, 1.8 and a first rounder next year (Im a 2017 believer)...

I did better than anyone else in this thread, so I have that going for me.

History is littered with running backs who have failed to meet expectations, don't let Gurley confuse you.

After riding the Peyton Manning express for a couple of seasons to championships in multiple leagues, I had the bottom fall out last season in more than one. I consider this timing perfect due to Zeke. I would consider trading the pick if the price is right but it wouldn't be for picks or any RB. It would have to be multiple players including a top 5 QB or WR who is preferably 25 or younger. Then it would still be a tough sale.

What are you going to do with Flgatorguy's left nut? I'm not sure how much that is worth on the open market :lol: :overhead:

Ebay. You'd be surprised.

I traded 1.1 for freeman, 1.8 and a first rounder next year (Im a 2017 believer)...

I did better than anyone else in this thread, so I have that going for me.

History is littered with running backs who have failed to meet expectations, don't let Gurley confuse you.

I got 5 first rounders next year, and couldn't be happier.

Always have a backup. Never know when you may need it. :D

In a dynasty league, I would definitely try to trade 1.01 this year to acquire a top-notch WR. The hype on Zeke is pretty much at peak right now. See what kind of value you can get, you may be surprised.

Not saying you'll get a tier 1 (ODB, Brown, Julio) straight up but it's worth feeling out the interest level. I'd look at the team with Amari Cooper, see what kind of combo deals you might be able to work out there.

In my opinion, this year's 1.01 gives you the chance to make a big move in a dynasty league, due to hype. Get a sure-fire long-term stud, get some solid depth. If you're relying on Zeke to launch you from last to first you're likely doing it wrong and his value is far more likely to go down over the near term.