Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Aaron Rodgers buys minority stake in Bucks: 'A dream come true'

ESPN

Aaron Rodgers has long professed his love for the NBA game and the Milwaukee Bucks.

In fact, he has often used the hashtag #midrange because he loves that part of the game and has referred to Vlade Divac as one of his favorite players in interviews.

Now, the Green Bay Packers quarterback has a stake in the game.

He was announced Friday as a limited partner in the Bucks' ownership group during the team's playoff game against the Celtics at the BMO Harris Bradley Center. Rodgers was introduced during the game, where he was seated courtside with girlfriend Danica Patrick and Bucks co-owner Wes Edens.

So now he owns two teams, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Chicago Bears.

So now he owns two teams, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Chicago Bears.

15 and 4 107 rating. meh.

Just in time to let Giannis walk.

He's signed for a few more years, Parker is the one they haven't been able to come to terms. Part of me wants team to pay him, but I get why they are hesitant on a guy who's blown same ACL twice. RFA this off season, no clue what they will do....

So Rodgers is a ghey mudshark? :huh:

How is Jabari Parker? They compared him to one of my least favorite players (Melo) pre draft but I havent kept up with his career.

I hope they beat the Celtics.

How is Jabari Parker? They compared him to one of my least favorite players (Melo) pre draft but I havent kept up with his career.

I hope they beat the Celtics.

Apt comparison, no problem scoring, but has always been a defensive liability. I attribute part of this to Jason Kidd's extreme trapping and switching defense. He's actually played pretty well defensively in the playoffs, getting some blocks/steals. The big problem for Milwaukee is how to value a guy who's blown the same ACL twice, not a lot of precedent there. From a personal standpoint, he's pretty refreshing as a player, speaks his mind, but in a thoughtful way, knows his limitations and seems like he's working on them. I like him and hope they are able to work something out with him.

My brother was super excited yesterday after the win...wanted to get tickets to a possible Philly/Bucks game in Philly, since he's never been there...and he wants to go in full Bucks gear, including antler hats. I texted him if he had "Get my azz kicked in Philadelphia' on his bucket list.

Apt comparison, no problem scoring, but has always been a defensive liability. I attribute part of this to Jason Kidd's extreme trapping and switching defense. He's actually played pretty well defensively in the playoffs, getting some blocks/steals. The big problem for Milwaukee is how to value a guy who's blown the same ACL twice, not a lot of precedent there. From a personal standpoint, he's pretty refreshing as a player, speaks his mind, but in a thoughtful way, knows his limitations and seems like he's working on them. I like him and hope they are able to work something out with him.

My brother was super excited yesterday after the win...wanted to get tickets to a possible Philly/Bucks game in Philly, since he's never been there...and he wants to go in full Bucks gear, including antler hats. I texted him if he had "Get my azz kicked in Philadelphia' on his bucket list.

Any sense that Parker is a bit of a disappointment given his draft position?

I would not recommend wearing deer antlers to the WFC. :lol:

Any sense that Parker is a bit of a disappointment given his draft position?

I would not recommend wearing deer antlers to the WFC. :lol:

Not really, his third season he was putting up 20 and 6 a night before the 2nd ACL. His per 36 this year(30 games) were just a bit off that. For most Bucks fans, are only disappointment is the 2 blown ACL's and not seeing him fully develop. In the time on the floor he looks like a solid pick at #2---can't complain about fluke injuries that are totally unpredictable.

Not really, his third season he was putting up 20 and 6 a night before the 2nd ACL. His per 36 this year(30 games) were just a bit off that. For most Bucks fans, are only disappointment is the 2 blown ACL's and not seeing him fully develop. In the time on the floor he looks like a solid pick at #2---can't complain about fluke injuries that are totally unpredictable.

Didnt know he was such a scorer. Anyway I want the Celtics next round but I hope the Bucks rough them up good first.

Didnt know he was such a scorer. Anyway I want the Celtics next round but I hope the Bucks rough them up good first.

Missing Irving, Smart and Hayward?

What an impressive victory that would be