Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

NFL: Saints put out bounties on opposing players

Are you trying to bump your post count by replying to everything with "Let's see what other players think"? They knew there was a bounty program in place before these tapes. They knew they were paying people to knock other guys out of games, what do you think the guy running the bounty program was saying? Would you be surprised if you heard tapes of me saying the Patriots suck, when I'm telling you right now, that the Patriots suck. Let's see what the players think about that.

No, I was implying that there were several players and ex-players who stated that the Williams audio made them sick. Guys like Michael Irvin and Donte Whitner.

You act like this is common place and happens in every locker room in the league. It doesn't. You don't believe the NFL and now you don't believe the players. I was asking if you somehow have some inside knowledge into what goes on in NFL locker rooms. Which you obviously don't and are just talking out of your a$$. I was trying to confirm.

No, I was implying that there were several players and ex-players who stated that the Williams audio made them sick. Guys like Michael Irvin and Donte Whitner.

You act like this is common place and happens in every locker room in the league. It doesn't. You don't believe the NFL and now you don't believe the players. I was asking if you somehow have some inside knowledge into what goes on in NFL locker rooms. Which you obviously don't and are just talking out of your a$$. I was trying to confirm.

Not sure where you are going with this, I'm having trouble finding much outrage from current or former players.

If you can, try to catch the Antonio Pierce conversation ESPN is running today.

Now you're confusing responses you made to me with responses you made to a different person. Would prolly be easier to tell teh difference if you didn't reply with the same thing to everyone.

Now you're confusing responses you made to me with responses you made to a different person. Would prolly be easier to tell teh difference if you didn't reply with the same thing to everyone.

"Everyone"? I stated the same thing to 2 people. Two.

I am sure that you have a wealth of information on the subject. Please share.

Not sure where you are going with this, I'm having trouble finding much outrage from current or former players.

If you can, try to catch the Antonio Pierce conversation ESPN is running today.

Michael Irvin - "almost threw up" http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/michael-irvin-almost-threw-up-when-he-heard-gregg-williams-speech/

Donte Witner - "If those things are true, I think it’s really disgusting and something should be done about it to a higher extreme than what is [already done]. You’re out there intending to hurt guys. This is their careers and how they take care of their families.” http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/49ers-whitner-thinks-williams-actions-were-really-disgusting/

Warren Sapp - "most heinous, egregious thing in history of this game” http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/sapp-calls-williams-comments-most-heinous-egregious-thing-in-history-of-this-game/

Mike Golic - "I don't agree with shots to the knee or shots to the head. Some of the other things you will hear other coaches say, but I don't agree with those two things"

Darren Woodson - "I was fine with everything except going after Crabtree's ACL"

I will look up Antonio Piere's take. While coaches motivate every week, talking about taking out guy's knees and then giving money if they do it is WAY over the line.

While coaches motivate every week, talking about taking out guy's knees and then giving money if they do it is WAY over the line.

We are all aware of this take, and are assuming it is why NFL suspended him indefinately. But hearing a tape of him talking about what we already knew he did doesn't change anything.

We are all aware of this take, and are assuming it is why NFL suspended him indefinately. But hearing a tape of him talking about what we already knew he did doesn't change anything.

IMO, hearing the tape makes a difference - it makes what he did seem/feel worse.

It's one thing to hear someone was in a car accident.

It's another to watch the car accident happen.

This tape is like watching it happen.

I agree that it doesn't change what we already knew - the punishment shouldn't be any worse - but it does put into much clearer light exactly what was going on and gives us primary evidence to judge on our own rather than hear lawyers/players/commisioners discuss it.

And I'm in the camp that believes MOST of it was standard for the NFL - it's the ACLs, Headshots, and going after concussions (mixed with monetary rewards) that's over the line.

Williams, much like Belichick a few years ago, took something that was fairly standard practice in the NFL and brought it to the next level - and did so with a high level of arrogance and direct disobedience to league's requests/rules/regulations.

Michael Irvin - "almost threw up" http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/michael-irvin-almost-threw-up-when-he-heard-gregg-williams-speech/

Donte Witner - "If those things are true, I think it’s really disgusting and something should be done about it to a higher extreme than what is [already done]. You’re out there intending to hurt guys. This is their careers and how they take care of their families.” http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/49ers-whitner-thinks-williams-actions-were-really-disgusting/

Warren Sapp - "most heinous, egregious thing in history of this game” http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/sapp-calls-williams-comments-most-heinous-egregious-thing-in-history-of-this-game/

Mike Golic - "I don't agree with shots to the knee or shots to the head. Some of the other things you will hear other coaches say, but I don't agree with those two things"

Darren Woodson - "I was fine with everything except going after Crabtree's ACL"

I will look up Antonio Piere's take. While coaches motivate every week, talking about taking out guy's knees and then giving money if they do it is WAY over the line.

I think most have said that targeting the injuries, or actually verbalizing it, was the part that was a over the top. It's just interesting that in the same breath I've also heard players say they studied the injury reports weekly. I watched the Woodson interview and he was far from outraged. It was on First Take. I aslo hate being this jaded but, I'm not going to get all that bent out of shape over comments made by ex-players who work for the NFL. I also really haven't seen video proof of the Saints using these tactics on the field. You would think if these illegal hits or targeting of injuries were happening there would be plenty of video or on field penalties.

Here is the Pierce audio by the way. His talk about the bounties or "incentives" is very revealing and further proves that the Saints are being singled out for a practice that multiple teams have been using for years.

My link

I think most have said that targeting the injuries, or actually verbalizing it, was the part that was a over the top. It's just interesting that in the same breath I've also heard players say they studied the injury reports weekly. I watched the Woodson interview and he was far from outraged. It was on First Take. I aslo hate being this jaded but, I'm not going to get all that bent out of shape over comments made by ex-players who work for the NFL. I also really haven't seen video proof of the Saints using these tactics on the field. You would think if these illegal hits or targeting of injuries were happening there would be plenty of video or on field penalties.

Here is the Pierce audio by the way. His talk about the bounties or "incentives" is very revealing and further proves that the Saints are being singled out for a practice that multiple teams have been using for years.

My link

They made it easy to be singled out by continuing the practice blatantly even after being warned not to. It's like Greg Williams took a shitte directly on the Lombardi Trophy.

Big shocker, I know, but Goodell upheld his suspensions of Payton, Loomis and Vitt. Hello, Bill Parcells?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/09/goodell-upholds-suspensions-of-payton-loomis-vitt/

As expected, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has upheld the suspensions of Saints head coach Sean Payton, General Manager Mickey Loomis and assistant head coach Joe Vitt for their roles in the Saints’ bounty scandal.

That means Payton will begin his suspension in one week, on April 16, and will be barred from the team until the end of the 2012 season. Loomis will be suspended for the first eight games of the regular season and Vitt will be suspended for the first six games of the regular season, with both of those suspensions beginning when the preseason ends.

IMO, hearing the tape makes a difference - it makes what he did seem/feel worse.

It's one thing to hear someone was in a car accident.

It's another to watch the car accident happen.

This tape is like watching it happen.

I agree that it doesn't change what we already knew - the punishment shouldn't be any worse - but it does put into much clearer light exactly what was going on and gives us primary evidence to judge on our own rather than hear lawyers/players/commisioners discuss it.

And I'm in the camp that believes MOST of it was standard for the NFL - it's the ACLs, Headshots, and going after concussions (mixed with monetary rewards) that's over the line.

Williams, much like Belichick a few years ago, took something that was fairly standard practice in the NFL and brought it to the next level - and did so with a high level of arrogance and direct disobedience to league's requests/rules/regulations.

I don't buy it. You ALWAYS hear announcers of games say players don't want to say they are hurt and where they are hurt because players will go after where they are hurt. Its football. Players know someone is nursing an ankle? They go after it. Everyone knows this. Let me say that again. Everyone knows this.

This is all about the emasculation of America. Nothing but pansies left on the planet.

Watching the Ravens Super Bowl run on NFL network recently, and they were murdering everyone on the field. Defenseless WRs were lucky to have careers after some hits. That would be illegal today. The NFL today is lost and confused and now searching for an identity it can't have because the game doesn't correspond with the image its trying to portray.

I punched a Girl Scout in the mouth yesterday. Didn't want to do it. But I felt I owed it to her. On second thought, I did want to do it.

Stupid pink wearing NFL women in pads. Maxipads. Peter Griffin and the London Silly Nannies could beat a Pro Bowl team. Disgraceful. :angry:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--document--anthony-hargrove-was-instructed-to-lie-by-gregg-williams--joe-vitt.html

Former New Orleans Saints defensive lineman Anthony Hargrove submitted a signed declaration to the NFL in April detailing how he was instructed by current and former Saints assistant coaches Joe Vitt and Gregg Williams in 2010 to deny the team's bounty program.

The declaration, obtained by Yahoo! Sports on Monday, was provided to the NFL by Hargrove through the NFL Players Association. A source said last week that the NFLPA submitted the declaration in hopes of proving that Hargrove and other Saints players were merely following orders by coaches. All four players appealed their suspensions on Monday.