11 11/18 NE
12 11/24 @MIA
13 12/1 TB
14 12/8 @NO
15 12/15 NYJ
16 12/22 NO
17 12/29 @ATL

Worried about this one.

Me too. In a league where I have Cam and Vick I'm actually heavily considering trotting out Vick in week one.

Me too. In a league where I have Cam and Vick I'm actually heavily considering trotting out Vick in week one.

that seems to be getting a little too cute for me..

i'm planning on starting romo against the g-men over cam this week and will likely play romo against the saints when cam has the 49ers, other than that he's getting the green light all season

I think you folks are over thinking.

Like RGIII, if the WR are covered Cam can take off. Yes he can have a statline of 15 completion for 180 yards but also run for 120 and 2 TD.

• Like 1

Worried about this one.

After that you get this.

2 9/15 @BUF

3 9/22 NYG

4 BYE -

5 10/6 @ARI

6 10/13 @MIN

7 10/20 STL

8 10/24 @TB

9 11/3 ATL

This schedule is ridculous.

I had absolutely no plans to draft Cam Newton. Overlooked his easy schedule entirely. I planned on holding out on a QB and he fell to me at 7.9 in my 12 team league. Luck and Kaepernick were even picked before him. I could not believe it.

I had absolutely no plans to draft Cam Newton. Overlooked his easy schedule entirely. I planned on holding out on a QB and he fell to me at 7.9 in my 12 team league. Luck and Kaepernick were even picked before him. I could not believe it.

Consider yourself lucky. I have him projected to finish number 1 overall this season.

1) Newton

2) Brees

3) Manning

4) Matt Ryan

5) Rodgers

I drafted Cam in the 14th in 2011 to back up Tom Brady. In our league we can keep two players, 1 at any one position and each year his draft round moves up one...up to 4 years keeping per player.

So last year he was a 13th. this year...a 12th. :banana: :doublethumbsup:

I wasn't planning to draft Cam either, as I drafted Rodgers in the 4th round of an 8 team league. But he fell to the 14th round, even after some QB2's were selected.

The only thing that sucked was he has the same bye week as Rodgers (week 4), but I couldn't resist jumping all over that value.

He might even outperform Rodgers this year as GB has a rough schedule.

I wouldn't get too excited, his offensive coordinator is Mike Shula.

If that wasn't bad enough at least one source (Barnwell on Grantland) mentioned that Shula was scraping the zone read.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9632961/bill-barnwell-nfl-teams-better-2013

I would assume this is to make Newton take the next step, which might work and is probably best for the player and the franchise but not necessarily a good thing for his FF stock this year.

I have Newton on 4 teams ( all 2 QB leagues) and he is sitting on every one this week. Long term he should be a gem, but this is a bad match up plus he already had a poor game against them last year.

I wasn't planning to draft Cam either, as I drafted Rodgers in the 4th round of an 8 team league. But he fell to the 14th round, even after some QB2's were selected.

The only thing that sucked was he has the same bye week as Rodgers (week 4), but I couldn't resist jumping all over that value.

I have never played in an 8 team league before so I don't know if this is typical. What it does tell me is to never, ever play in an 8 team league.

• Like 1

I have Cam and Vick in 2 leagues, I am no doubt starting Vick in both of them this week. Plus its a monday night game, and I love having some action on monday night.

I'm hoping Vick has a monster showing and I can trade him

This is just....so silly.

14th round :lol:

I wouldn't get too excited, his offensive coordinator is Mike Shula.

If that wasn't bad enough at least one source (Barnwell on Grantland) mentioned that Shula was scraping the zone read.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9632961/bill-barnwell-nfl-teams-better-2013

I would assume this is to make Newton take the next step, which might work and is probably best for the player and the franchise but not necessarily a good thing for his FF stock this year.

The 'read option' was a big problem in Carolina the past 2 seasons. Towards the end of last season, they started going away from it. Cam had the best 4 game stretch of his career. They won 5 of their last 6 with victories against Atlanta & Saints.

This is a guy you can draft in round 4-7 with the potential to finish in the top 3.

Newton is so much better lining up under center than he is running the read option. The Panthers and him are at their best on PA rollouts, where he does the most damage.

Newton is so much better lining up under center than he is running the read option. The Panthers and him are at their best on PA rollouts, where he does the most damage.

He'll have a monster season with the combination of lining up under center now and milk butter schedule.

I have the exact same choice. I am extremely tempted to start Vick. Cam laid an egg last season against the Seabags. At home again. Their secondary is so nasty.

While the Skins (Homer here) are going to trot out two rookies in the secondary most likely and I am just not confident. That game should be a shootout.

I'm a huge Cam fan and also believe another huge year in on the way. With that said, I am very worried about a dud this week... Not because I doubt Cam. Mostly because the Seahawks simply shut down QBs. Before I even write this, I accept the harsh criticism I am about to receive. *drum roll*...Is it rational to consider starting Alex Smith @ Jacksonville over Cam vs. Seattle? (my fingers felt suddenly arthritic while typing that).

Perhaps a sexy brand new Andy Reid infused offense and a signal caller with a chip on his shoulder against one of the worst defenses in the league can produce some favorable numbers. Thoughts?

Sincerely,

A guy who is about to get roasted for such foolish considerations, but loves fellow FF Geeks regardless.

I think its weird that my parlay card reads CAR+3 vs SEA

Seems really low

That game was STAY AWAY written all over it from a gambling perspective. Wouldn't touch it. BUT if I had to, I'd take the hometown dog at (+3).

I would start Vick until he gets hurt.

I'm rolling with Vick.

He will likely get cracked ribs on the first series now. Beware.

ESPN projects Cam Newton as the #1 scorer at QB this week.

Huh????????

Video report from Harris disagrees.

ESPN is all over the place. Too many fantasy analysts?

I don't know why you guys are sweating the Seahawks D. The game is not in Seattle, it's in Charlotte. It's also the first game of the season, and it tends to take defenses a few weeks to adjust to offenses.

I have Cam and I am starting him with confidence.

I don't know why you guys are sweating the Seahawks D. The game is not in Seattle, it's in Charlotte. It's also the first game of the season, and it tends to take defenses a few weeks to adjust to offenses.

I have Cam and I am starting him with confidence.

The game was in Carolina last year when they shut Cam down. Location has no bearing on this Seattle D. Maybe their Defenses of old would lay eggs traveling cross country. Not this D.

The game was in Carolina last year when they shut Cam down. Location has no bearing on this Seattle D. Maybe their Defenses of old would lay eggs traveling cross country. Not this D.

Yeah I was at that game, Seattle's D is really impressive. In general that game was one of the most unentertaining, ugly games I've ever been to.

I'm sitting cam this weekend believe it not. My backup Bradford has a relatively favorable matchup against the cardinals and Sam has more weapons now than ever before. I'm going up against Brees so I need a couple TD's and some yardage from my qb this week and its a ppr league. Got a gut feeling Bradford may play well.

I'm sitting cam this weekend believe it not. My backup Bradford has a relatively favorable matchup against the cardinals and Sam has more weapons now than ever before. I'm going up against Brees so I need a couple TD's and some yardage from my qb this week and its a ppr league. Got a gut feeling Bradford may play well.

Cam Newton looks good to me.

If he can handle Seattle.. Watch out with the rest of that butter milk schedule.

Nobody has big games against this Seattle D. Glad I benched him this week now.