Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

Bell holdout still

Whats up with LeVeon...still a no show at practice and 6 days to kickoff.

Those who have him nervous, those still drafting taking or passing on him?

Chance this gets ugly or just an attention grab?

I saw Ian Rappaport earlier this morning state that Bell will likely report today or tommorow. He seemed pretty confident that will happen, so from that perspective I wouldn't sweat it. Can even a superhuman type athlete show up and be ready to go week 1 in just a few days is another matter entirely.

I saw ol Rap sheet report that Jamal Charles would be back week after week from his knee injury a couple of years ago. I can't name all the cases but Rap kept reporting bad info on other players on a weekly basis.

I think that dude just guesses. Nobody remembers how bad he is.

My feel is that this will get out of hand. You have to believe Bell is getting salty seeing these big contracts being signed. He knows Pitt is just using him as a one year rental. If he shows up and takes 400 touches again his value goes down significantly. If he shows up and gets injured his value goes down significantly.

A few game checks this year doesn't compare to the amount of money he has on the line. Sitting out would be playing it safe. {Full disclosure I am a Connor owner}

I saw ol Rap sheet report that Jamal Charles would be back week after week from his knee injury a couple of years ago. I can't name all the cases but Rap kept reporting bad info on other players on a weekly basis.

I think that dude just guesses. Nobody remembers how bad he is.

My feel is that this will get out of hand. You have to believe Bell is getting salty seeing these big contracts being signed. He knows Pitt is just using him as a one year rental. If he shows up and takes 400 touches again his value goes down significantly. If he shows up and gets injured his value goes down significantly.

A few game checks this year doesn't compare to the amount of money he has on the line. Sitting out would be playing it safe. {Full disclosure I am a Connor owner}

well, if Rothlisberger retires, pittsburgh may just let bell go and blow the team up. why spend huge money on a contract if it wont win you a super bowl?

I would think it's likely he will show up in a day or so but I would think if he was just holding out until the last possible second and not missing any real games he would have reported last week or something.

In any case it's not a good thing even if he shows up today. It's a good chance he will be rusty at best or get injured.

He will show up last day knowing full well he wont be in the gameplan. Whoops, still a game accrued towards a full season though so hes happy to ride the pine

His motto for the season will be do the minimum.

I bet Steelers deactivate him week one even if he shows up

• Like 1

The CBA needs to change the terms for franchise tags during the next bargaining session. The tag usage should be capped at one year

The CBA needs to change the terms for franchise tags during the next bargaining session. The tag usage should be capped at one year

Incorrect. Just look at Kirk Cousins. Dude made nearly $43 million in 2 years under the tag. Then he got signed to a $46 million contract.

Not bad considering he was making $800,000 a year prior to that. He was smart. LeVeon Bell should be smart and take the $14 million. Unless he blew his millions already made, then he should be sitting fine at a position that is not usually paid as high as he is getting paid.

This is getting scary. I know Bell is great but how long can he push off getting ready. I already had my draft so I am just hoping he can be still buck the odds. I would have trouble taking him 2nd if I drafted today.

Bell is a selfish moron.

I dont really agree. Hes trying to do anything to get paid. Hard to blame him. RBs have short careers typically.

Bell is a selfish moron.

No he is not. He has work priorities and money priorities. Just like someone you personally know might have. I'm guessing you don't have any.

I don't like it because it reduces my personal entertainment value of FF and watching Steeler games, but he has the right to even outright quite football if he wants without having to call me to see if that is ok.

No he is not. He has work priorities and money priorities. Just like someone you personally know might have. I'm guessing you don't have any.

I don't like it because it reduces my personal entertainment value of FF and watching Steeler games, but he has the right to even outright quite football if he wants without having to call me to see if that is ok.

Yep, he knows an RBs lifespan is short and you are lucky to score even one big guaranteed deal. This is it for him, his 30mil or whatever he has made is gone to gold teeth, jewelry, cars and houses or scams. Not to mention gold digger child support for a minimum 3 dif baby mommas Id guess. This payday sets him and his family up. He would be dumb NOT to do whatever it takes.

Incorrect. Just look at Kirk Cousins. Dude made nearly $43 million in 2 years under the tag. Then he got signed to a $46 million contract.

Not bad considering he was making $800,000 a year prior to that. He was smart. LeVeon Bell should be smart and take the $14 million. Unless he blew his millions already made, then he should be sitting fine at a position that is not usually paid as high as he is getting paid.

Big difference. Cousins had to prove himself. Bell already has. Cousins is a QB, a position that has much more longevity than a RB. Bell shouldn't have to put with one year rentals year after year.

Also, I think you have a crush on me. That's adorable!

Big difference. Cousins had to prove himself. Bell already has. Cousins is a QB, a position that has much more longevity than a RB. Bell shouldn't have to put with one year rentals year after year.

Also, I think you have a crush on me. That's adorable!

Football players have to prove themselves every year. Especially RBs. Otherwise Bell wouldn't be worried about 2019. Also, Cousins proved himself through 2016 where he was paid $19 million, why then not sign him long term in 2017 instead of tagging him at $24 million or whatever it was? And yes, I am adorable.

Somewhat related: how do you guys value Conner in dynasty? I think he'll get some run this year one way or another--holdout or injury--and have to think he's well positioned for 2019. It seems really unlikely that Bell is a Steeler next year given all the drama.

Conner may be too expensive this very moment, but if Bell reports and looks fine, I'd still go after him a few weeks into the season.

Because Cousins is a loser and Bell is a winner.

Cousins is a loser and Bell is a winner? So you prefer Bell to play QB? How many superbowl rings does this winner Bell have? It's not even like eli manning whose team won suprbowl rings for him. Bell is on a prolific offense but he is actually part of it. Cousins was carrying the freaking Redskins for what he could, but he is a QB.

Weird take dude.

i have a redraft draft tonight and the #5 pick. wondering if bell falls. i feel like he's showing up tomorrow but am nervous

Somewhat related: how do you guys value Conner in dynasty? I think he'll get some run this year one way or another--holdout or injury--and have to think he's well positioned for 2019. It seems really unlikely that Bell is a Steeler next year given all the drama.

Conner may be too expensive this very moment, but if Bell reports and looks fine, I'd still go after him a few weeks into the season.

I think the other back, Samuels, is the better option long term, but that's just my opinion. Conner will command the higher price, but Samuels skill set is much closer to Bell's. He's less of a plodder and more adept at pass catching.

i have a redraft draft tonight and the #5 pick. wondering if bell falls. i feel like he's showing up tomorrow but am nervous

I have one wed night also at the 5 pick and even if Bell reports by then, I'm passing, gonna go Kamara or Barkley instead, had Bell last year, know how good he is, but one too many red flags to take him that high.

• Like 1

conner is the fill in this year, right?

i'm thinking i take bell, if possible, tonight, but that i need to take conner as well.....

I think the other back, Samuels, is the better option long term, but that's just my opinion. Conner will command the higher price, but Samuels skill set is much closer to Bell's. He's less of a plodder and more adept at pass catching.

I don't care if I only get 1 start out of Conner. It will be enough to make the Bell owner pay up (even though his roster is lacking in tradeable talent)

conner is the fill in this year, right?

i'm thinking i take bell, if possible, tonight, but that i need to take conner as well.....

It's just my take, but Samuels may be the better long term option. Again, I think the Steelers see his skill set as closer to Bell's. If Bell were to get injured, the backfield is definitely Conner's in the short-term. But as a Dynasty option, I think Samuels emerges next year as the better replacement to Le'Veon

Prediction, if Bell misses multiple games it will

Be a comittee and Conner owners will be dissapointed. Happens almost all the time in cuff situations.

Prediction, if Bell misses multiple games it will

Be a comittee and Conner owners will be dissapointed. Happens almost all the time in cuff situations.

Tomlin rides his back. Conner all the way but may limited use On3rd down

Cousins is a loser and Bell is a winner? So you prefer Bell to play QB? How many superbowl rings does this winner Bell have? It's not even like eli manning whose team won suprbowl rings for him. Bell is on a prolific offense but he is actually part of it. Cousins was carrying the freaking Redskins for what he could, but he is a QB.

Weird take dude.

Not really. You give the ball to Bell at the end of games in the red zone and he wins the game. Give the ball to Cousins and hes a loser.

Hes such a loser he tried to take a knee on 4th down at the goal line when we were losing.

Not really. You give the ball to Bell at the end of games in the red zone and he wins the game. Give the ball to Cousins and hes a loser.

Hes such a loser he tried to take a knee on 4th down at the goal line when we were losing.

Bell is currently on the sidelines and Cousins is quarterbacking a team that is primed for a SB run. I don't dislike Bell at all, but by definition, they are both losers when it comes to getting SB rings. Oh, and Cousins has a better contract.

Bell is currently on the sidelines and Cousins is quarterbacking a team that is primed for a SB run. I don't dislike Bell at all, but by definition, they are both losers when it comes to getting SB rings. Oh, and Cousins has a better contract.

They were primed for a Super bowl run. And then they went after and signed Kirk Cousins.

They were primed for a Super bowl run. And then they went after and signed Kirk Cousins.

Ok. Prediction time. I give them 11 wins with a tough schedule. And I hope I am wrong being a Bears fan. I'm guessing you predict maybe 7 wins given your take on how much you think their QB is a loser?

I predict they miss the playoffs.

As a Bears fan Kirk will be the gift to you that keeps on giving. Youre welcome. Enjoy.

Its kinda like Romo. I loved him and wished he never retired since Im a Skins fan. And ultimately Romo is a loser.

I would think it's likely he will show up in a day or so but I would think if he was just holding out until the last possible second and not missing any real games he would have reported last week or something.

In any case it's not a good thing even if he shows up today. It's a good chance he will be rusty at best or get injured.

while the chances of him not being in tip top game shape would increase, I dont think a player of his stature would be very rusty. Remember hw showed up about a week before the season last year and had one of his best seasons.

while the chances of him not being in tip top game shape would increase, I dont think a player of his stature would be very rusty. Remember hw showed up about a week before the season last year and had one of his best seasons.

Yep. They took it easy on him the first couple weeks. Then he became Leveon Bell.

I predict they miss the playoffs.

As a Bears fan Kirk will be the gift to you that keeps on giving. Youre welcome. Enjoy.

Its kinda like Romo. I loved him and wished he never retired since Im a Skins fan. And ultimately Romo is a loser.

Alright. Can't argue someone's prediction. I just wouldn't bet on it.

If he's not in tip top shape he will most likely be rusty for a bit. He struggled the first two games last season.