Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Some good Halloween movies on Netflix instant

Spinoff. Here's some good stuff I've seen in the horror section, not including the classics everybody already knows about:

Train to Bussan: Totally shallow but absolutely awesome Korean zombie movie. Not really gory but definitely delivered the tension / suspense I wanted out of this kind of movie.

Creep: I usually hate found footage but this one was creepy and sort of hilarious at the same time. There's a sequel in the works.

The Void: Interdimensional demons, cults, hospital siege movie - reminded me a lot of The Beyond and Hellraiser.

Ravenous: Under the radar historical horror / dry comedy about a cannibal in the Sierra Nevada mountains in the 1800s, really enjoyed this one.

The Nightmare: Documentary / re-enactment of sleep paralysis scenarios. I learned nothing but it was very creepy.

A Dark Song: Loved this movie about a Welsh woman who hires an occultist to help her communicate with her dead son.

The Blackcoat's Daughter / I Am the Pretty Thing that Lives in the House: Both by Oz Perkins son of Anthony Perkins, both surreal and dreamlike, really creepy. Very slow, not sure how most people will take them but the Blackcoat's Daughter was probably my favorite horror movie of the past few years.

They Look Like People: Really micro-budget paranoid horror / drama about a possible schizophrenic who is seeing demons in NYC. They did a lot with great acting and very little $.

Honorable mention to The Wailing, the Invitation and Green Room.

Enjoy.

:thumbsup:

Ravenous is great. Really original.

I liked They Look Like People too. Very interesting look at psychosis and also true friendship

Train to Busan was great. Highly recommend it as well. I'll have to check out The Void. Thanks for putting the list together.

I don't like scary movies cause they're scary and I don't like being scared and they're scary.

I don't like scary movies cause they're scary and I don't like being scared and they're scary.

Sounds like a Dangerous Toys song.

Train to Bussan: Totally shallow but absolutely awesome Korean zombie movie. Not really gory but definitely delivered the tension / suspense I wanted out of this kind of movie.

I watched this last night :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: out 5. Awesome netflix find.

I watched this last night :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: out 5. Awesome netflix find.

Does it have subtitles? Hard for my wife to get into subtitles movies. I love them but she hates having to read and watch a movie. Still will probably give a try and force her to watch it

Does it have subtitles? Hard for my wife to get into subtitles movies. I love them but she hates having to read and watch a movie. Still will probably give a try and force her to watch it

Yes subtitled - its Korean. But its a zombie movie, were not talking about lots of monologues here.

Glad you liked it Cdub. :thumbsup:

Not horror but The Host, Oldboy, A Hard Day and The Chaser are some other good Korean movies that are streaming.

Currently watching "It follows". Heard good and bad things about it so we will see

It was meh to ok to unremarkable, but enjoy.

The Nightmare: Documentary / re-enactment of sleep paralysis scenarios. I learned nothing but it was very creepy.

I actually suffer from this from time to time. It's focking awful and there is no way I could watch a re-enactment of it.

I actually suffer from this from time to time. It's focking awful and there is no way I could watch a re-enactment of it.

I'll take it a step further. I have this occasionally. However, I also dream with it so to speak. Like I'll see an apparition appear and start coming towards me and I can feel the malice from it. So I have to fight with myself to wake up. Or if my wife is asleep beside me call out to her to wake me up

The re-enactments were very creepy so you will want to steer clear.

I watched Creep 2 last night and it was awesome, much better than the original. Found footage movie about the cringey-est hippy serial killer on earth. In a just world this guy would win an Oscar.

The re-enactments were very creepy so you will want to steer clear.

I watched Creep 2 last night and it was awesome, much better than the original. Found footage movie about the cringey-est hippy serial killer on earth. In a just world this guy would win an Oscar.

I'll check out Creep 2. Thanks!

Calling it Netflix instant is like saying The Facebook.

I use the friendster

I'll check out Creep 2. Thanks!

Check out the first one, first. But I guess either way.

I saw Creep 2 on Amazon Prine btw.

Keep seeing the title but dont know what its about.

Im assuming it takes place in the 70s?

Keep seeing the title but dont know what its about.

Im assuming it takes place in the 70s?

It's based on a King short story. And Gerald's Game (Netflix) based on King book. Both star the same actor.

It's based on a King short story. And Gerald's Game (Netflix) based on King book. Both star the same actor.

Ive had Geralds Game in my queue for a while. I will check the other one out if its any good? Thanks.

Ive had Geralds Game in my queue for a while. I will check the other one out if its any good? Thanks.

IDK. Read it but didn't watch it yet. Watched the trailer and looks pretty spot on.

Spinoff. Here's some good stuff I've seen in the horror section, not including the classics everybody already knows about:

Watched this over the weekend :thumbsup: thanks for suggesting.

1922 followed the story very well as did Gerald's Game,if I had to choose between the two personally Gerald's Game.It's really more of a psychological thriller but well worth the watch.

Enjoyed it

New horror series The Haunting Of Hill House,I'm 7 episodes in and it's :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Started hohh seems ok, but put it to the side... Might pick it up again, wasn't blown away

Started hohh seems ok, but put it to the side... Might pick it up again, wasn't blown away

It definitely has a slow start but imo worth waiting.What episode you on?

I think 4 maybe 3 was about a week ago I watched

After seven episodes I'd say it's more of a character driven series but very well written and acted.The scares are not plentiful but effective.From where you're at the story line is about to get a lot darker and from where I'm at it feels like a boiling pot about ready to explode.

Finished this up last night,although I really liked it I can definitely see a lot of others just thinking meh.

Finished this up last night,although I really liked it I can definitely see a lot of others just thinking meh.

You nailed it when you pointed out it was character driven. The long single tracking shot scenes are also very well done.