Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

Is Fitzpatrick pulling a Kurt Warner?

I don't think Tampa bay can put Winston in when his suspension is over. Is this a tent Green/Kurt warner all over again?

My guess it is

No way do they bench him while playing well. After all, Winston has been a loser and apparently lacks “it” to win big nfl games.

No, he will have to bide his time.

Continues on the pace he is on? OBVIOUSLY not.

Perhaps holds onyo the job and finishes in the top 10 QBs with upside for top 5-7. Sure why not?

I know this...as soon as I sit a more trusted QB for him, it all comes crashing down as he turns back into the career pumpkin that he is.

Fitz has never played with the talent this team has and he is making the most out of it. It may not last but I am riding it till the wheels come off.

Renamed my team oh oh oh fitzmagic

• Like 2

I'm going to try and ride this train. He gets Pitt in disarray on Monday night in Tampa. Fitz seems pretty loose and enjoying it.

I don't see him turtling up with his time in the spot light. Smart guy, pretty much knows now or never. let it fly, just the type on want on my squad.

If I get him, I think I'll be starting him over R Wilson.

• Like 1

Fitz has never played with the talent this team has and he is making the most out of it. It may not last but I am riding it till the wheels come off.

Renamed my team oh oh oh fitzmagic

The thing about Fitz is he is very smart and has nothing to lose. He is playing as loose as anyone right now. That can be dangerous especially with weapons.

Fitz is no Warner. This is not sustainable. He always comes back down to Earth. Some fluky plays are leading to huge touchdowns

Honestly, he has done this before.

that's his signature...... hot and cold.

when he's hot, hes as good as anyone in the game. When he's cold, hes as good as any of us.

That being said, I dont think he's ever had the level of talent on Offense that he does here. Hes always played with average to below average talent, so maybe this time will be different.

We’ve seen this from him before, and then the crash.

He’s no Warner.

We’ve seen this from him before, and then the crash.

He’s no Warner.

Nobody is saying he's a Warner, you're missing the point.

What we are saying is that there's no way Tampa benches him for Winston unless he totally tanks the next two starts. And if Tampa goes 4-0 Winston will be riding the pine for the rest of the year.

I think Fitz is better at eating W's than Winston.

The memory of that retarded pep talk still makes me shake my head in confusion. I wonder if he used those middle W fingers to try and finger bang that Uber driver?

Man it's even worse than I remembered. He looks like a mental patient off his meds.

I like to amuse myself by imagining him in his mirror the night before, coming up with that one.

"Oh man. Eat a W. This is gonna be great. I'll lick my fingers and everything. Nothing gets people exciting like a grown man sticking several of his fingers in his mouth."

I also like to imagine a friend talking him out of his previous idea, which was to talk up how the other team wouldn't be able to stop them--"We're gonna eat a D!"

I know this...as soon as I sit a more trusted QB for him, it all comes crashing down as he turns back into the career pumpkin that he is.

:thumbsup:

Didn't the Kaepernick apologists once use Fitz as their posterboy of "how does he have a job but Kaep does not?"

Dont fret. It is mostly luck.

Guy in my league started Fitz this week, scored over 150 and still lost. Last week he barely broke 90 and won. FF!

Anyway, Im sure he will come back to earth but I dont know if Winston gets his job back unless its an implosion this week.

One thing I have learned in fantasy football over the years, is to not overthink what is right before your eyes. Forget preseason projections and player history. Sometimes things just click....and when they do, just ride the hot hand as long as possible.

Guys you're talking about a guy with a career Average 60% pass completion rate and 81 QB rating. He's on a hot streak that's all. Career stats for 14 years don't lie

Stafford has a career 62% completion rate and a 88 rating. I think Fitzmagic obviously cant keep up the pace he is on. But if TB keeps winning, and he keeps starting, he would be a streamable option.

Ha!

No I wouldn't say it's like that.

Kurt Warner was working in a grocery store and won the Super Bowl.

No way Fitz does that

Nobody is saying he's a Warner, you're missing the point.

What we are saying is that there's no way Tampa benches him for Winston unless he totally tanks the next two starts. And if Tampa goes 4-0 Winston will be riding the pine for the rest of the year.

Again he’s no Warner.

No I think they will let Winston return.

That’s my point to my statement he’s no Warner.

Thanks for the reply.

One thing I have learned in fantasy football over the years, is to not overthink what is right before your eyes. Forget preseason projections and player history. Sometimes things just click....and when they do, just ride the hot hand as long as possible.

Agree, it’s really just all luck.

No one can know.

You either get lucky and hit it right week after week or the other owner does.

Thanks.

If Fitz keeps it up, the Bucks would be stupid to pull him for Winston.

Agree, and who’s to say they aren’t stupid.

Just look at the Steelers coaching stafff.

Lol.

Oh my soul.

God Bless

If Fitz keeps it up, the Bucks would be stupid to pull him for Winston.

He won't maintain. Look at his game logs, he'll come back down to earth. Once he does, if he has 2-3 bad games in a row, they might go back to Winston. But yeah, right now it's his job to lose.

Fitz is no Warner. This is not sustainable. He always comes back down to Earth. Some fluky plays are leading to huge touchdowns

Nope - hes been doing this his entire career: gets hot for 3-4 games, gets a huge contract, then proceeds to be extremely mediocre or worse until the next contract time is due. Lather, rinse, repeat. Hes a backup-caliber QB and always has been. I give him credit though for milking his own system and making huge money that he doesnt deserve but whatever.

Again. He gets hot. Tosses it to THE one player on his team that can do anything and then teams cover that player. In tampa he has a plethora of weaponry to use and he is. Deep balls to djax,pepper evans and hit howard 5 times a game.

I don't think Tampa bay can put Winston in when his suspension is over. Is this a tent Green/Kurt warner all over again?

My guess it is

The comparison doesn't really make sense. Winston did it to himself and Trent Green got hurt. There was no option to re-instate T.Green as the starter because he was out for the year.

TB was looking for an excuse to replace Winston anyway. Clearly, they now have it.