Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Greta Van Fleet

Greta Van Fleet canceled their appearance at the Panorama Festival in New York this past weekend, citing an injury sustained by drummer Danny Wagner two weeks ago.

That would mean he was in pain during the band's triumphant performance of its new single “When the Curtain Falls”on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon last week (which you can watch below).

“Danny has been playing with injured fingers for the last two weeks, and they have not been able to heal properly,” the band said in a tweet. “It has now reached the point where he cannot pick up a drumstick because of it. Therefore, there is no possible way for us to play today.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/greta-van-fleet-show-cancel/

Focking love it! :headbanger:

Hope to be singing it with my future band in 2019.

I like them, but damn the singer sounds like he's doing a Robert Plant impression half the time.

Remember that horrible 80s hair metal Zeppelin clone Kingdom Come?

No doubt that they are similar but the kid has a slightly different tone, imo.

"There's a band in Detroit called Greta Van Fleet. They are Led Zeppelin I," Plant told Loudwire. "Beautiful little singer, I hate him! He borrowed [his voice] from somebody I know very well, but what are you going to do? At least he's got a bit of style, because hes said he based his whole style on Aerosmith [eye roll]."

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/robert-plant-talks-greta-van-fleet-he-borrowed-his-voice-from-somebody-i-know-very-well

• Like 1

The voice is the voice, style is a whole other thing and the singers style is kinda weird imo, but he's pretty young that will change I would think. Dude has pipes though no doubt about that.

I cant stand them. Good god they are cringy to watch. About 30 years late on the tight leather pants. 😂

I cant stand them. Good god they are cringy to watch. About 30 years late on the tight leather pants. 😂

Some of their songs are a little cringy to listen to, but the songs I do enjoy are really good imo. Why do you hate their music? I don't remember you posting in the new music thread really. Do you just hate music?

Some of their songs are a little cringy to listen to, but the songs I do enjoy are really good imo. Why do you hate their music? I don't remember you posting in the new music thread really. Do you just hate music?

I cant stand the guys voice the instruments sound great. Horrible front man and they are trying so hard to bring the 80s back the product became cringe.

A few things...

Jimmy Page and Zep ripped off everybody shamelessly and had to give royalties to the people they screwed. That is not a reason to not listen to Zep or Greta.

I saw a top 10 list of the most played "rock" songs on a streaming service (I think Spotify). They were complete embarrassments to rock. 8 of them sounded like home recordings and 2 sounded like actual bands. The songs were weak indeed. The young people who want to rock deserve better, as do you geriatric fUkz.

GVF is a good thing.

I like them as well, but yeah they borrow heavily from ZEP

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I like them as well, but yeah they borrow heavily from ZEP

they gotta tone down their hippy look. need a stylist or something. they starting to become what i feared in beginning...a cover band/novelty act. one thing to sound like zep but acting just like them is ruining them.

• Like 1