Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2012 NFL Draft - General Discussion - Round 1

Any validity to the rumor rams moving up to grab richardson?

I do not think they will move up to get a rb, but imo it would greatly diminish his potential if he ended up on a committee with sjax.

I just noticed Indy has the first overall pick and the last pick of the draft, a.k.a. "Mr. Irrelevant." Last time the same team had bookend picks was Houston in 2002.

Hardly a Viking fan, but I see them taking a 1 and 3 from TB to move back to five so the Bucs can select Richardson. And if the Vikings really want to play it fast and loose, they'll take the same package from BUF and trade again so the Bills can take Matt Kalil. At 10, I think Gilmore will still be available (since he is roughly on par with Claiborne in some GMs minds). Then Minnesota could spend most of the second day filling their o-line holes.

Hardly a Viking fan, but I see them taking a 1 and 3 from TB to move back to five so the Bucs can select Richardson. And if the Vikings really want to play it fast and loose, they'll take the same package from BUF and trade again so the Bills can take Matt Kalil. At 10, I think Gilmore will still be available (since he is roughly on par with Claiborne in some GMs minds). Then Minnesota could spend most of the second day filling their o-line holes.

if Minny can parlay that 3rd rounder down twice into the 10 range or so and come out with multiple extra 2nd day picks, they'd be much better off in the long run.

I firmly believe tonight will be the most interesting draft ever...I think the trade action will be furious. It's gonna be fun.

I've been going back and forth in the last 48 hours between Philly, NE, and Dallas to trade up for the FFToday contest. I will likely change it another 5-6 times before the deadline.

Several teams are rumored to move up accrding to Rotoworld. The Jags are rumored to moved up to get Richardson or Blackmon. Other teams willing to move up are the Pats, Chargers, Packers, Bills, and Jets. It could just be teams playing mind games, but makes it interesting regardless.

I've been going back and forth in the last 48 hours between Philly, NE, and Dallas to trade up for the FFToday contest. I will likely change it another 5-6 times before the deadline.

I'm in the same boat. I've got New England now but trading up isn't typically Belichick's style. Hmmmm...

Maybe a dumb question, but can anybody tell me how the Rams got the first pick in the 2nd round? I would think that would be Indy's.... :dunno:

Maybe a dumb question, but can anybody tell me how the Rams got the first pick in the 2nd round? I would think that would be Indy's.... :dunno:

Colts and rams alternate the first pick every round this year. Colts odd rounds, rams even.

I'm in the same boat. I've got New England now but trading up isn't typically Belichick's style. Hmmmm...

Now that they have the rookie salary cap, high draft picks become more valuable since you don't have to worry about mortgaging your future on guys like Jamarcus Russell. I could see them moving up.

I was thinking the same thing a couple guys already said here...

now that the Viks got picks from Cleveland are at 4...

they SHOULD try to do the same with tampa and then keep doing it every pick

at least I would

:ninja:

then again, they may forget when they're on the clock and just forget to pick anyway

As I have it right now, CLE trade opens the draft for BUF to have Kalil fall in its lap. The trade is also good for Stephon Gilmore, who should go at 5 now. If BUF grabs Kalil, Cowboys might snap Barron after all (assuming SD doesn't trade ahead). Good move for CLE and MIN, IMHO.

As I have it right now, CLE trade opens the draft for BUF to have Kalil fall in its lap. The trade is also good for Stephon Gilmore, who should go at 5 now. If BUF grabs Kalil, Cowboys might snap Barron after all (assuming SD doesn't trade ahead). Good move for CLE and MIN, IMHO.

:banana:

still don't see it happening though...I'd say Tampa takes Kalil if nothing else changes

Dear Cleveland,

:blink: :shocking: :doh: :lol:

Dear T. Richardson. Enjoy being hit by the Balt and Pitt D 4 times a year.

is dallas going to take morris claiborne or are they about to induce about 5 more trades and screw this thing up??

:mad:

Can't say I like the trade for the Rams.

Yeah, they have a lot of holes, but they just traded out of the elite area for a second round pick.

Do they have a bunch of jerseys pre-made just in case they take this or that guy #1?

Do they have a bunch of jerseys pre-made just in case they take this or that guy #1?

NFLN said they have a hot press in back to quickly make the jerseys as the picks come in.

Can't say I like the trade for the Rams.

Yeah, they have a lot of holes, but they just traded out of the elite area for a second round pick.

Yeah I really don't get it. Move back 8 spots in the first round for the 45th overall pick. I don't see the advantage unless they really weren't that set on any of the top 10 players. IMO they should have taken Floyd. Why not give their Qb a young talented wr to develop chemistry with? Their receiving core is a bunch of scrubs from what I can see. Maybe they have a play-maker in Alexander but I doubt it.