Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

G-Men blowing it ALL up

Bucs acquired Jason Pierre-Paul and a fourth-round pick from the Giants in exchange for a third-round pick and a fourth-round pick.

It is a stunning move both because of the paltry compensation and because it only saves the Giants $2.5 million against the cap this season while opening a massive hole on the depth chart.

Wow... They also cut DRC. I loved the Solder signing, but the rest of this off-season has me scratching my head.

I thought it was snowing, but no it's you head scratching.

Oh just kidding

Yeah looks like they the Gmen are cleaning house.

It happens.

Go Wolfpack.

Proverbs 21:21.

It's a no-brainer the Giants should deal with Denver if they aren't taking a QB. Worst case they either get Chubb or Barkley at 5.

Cleveland-QB

Denver- QB

Jets- QB

Cleveland- Chubb or Barkley

Giants- Whoever Cleveland doesn't take.

I don't think Denver is taking a QB.

I think they could potentially take one if the one they like falls to them here, but I don't think they'll move up to get one. I think if any team deals with the Giants it will be the Bills. If the Giants aren't going QB this year, they have so many needs it would make sense to take Buffalo's 2 #1's and get some OL help.

I think they could potentially take one if the one they like falls to them here, but I don't think they'll move up to get one. I think if any team deals with the Giants it will be the Bills. If the Giants aren't going QB this year, they have so many needs it would make sense to take Buffalo's 2 #1's and get some OL help.

You could be right. I'd say your scenario of taking a QB if one falls to them, is much more likely than them trading up to get one. I believe that the odds on favorite are of them taking Chubb, Barkley, or Ward.

They need to take Barkley.

Yes indeed they do need to take him, and it would be a disappointment too Gmen fans if they do not.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes indeed they do need to take him, and it would be a disappointment too Gmen fans if they do not.

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe they should take him? Not need.

Thanks for the reply.

Taking Barkley would definitely help the Giants be in position for a top pick again next year for sure. Making poor decisions with top draft picks can really help a bad team stay bad.

Then next year when they pick 1st overall, they can get the best punter at #1, then earn another top pick the following year. Do this until Manning finally leaves. Then they can start over completely and try to build a solid team.

Go Ramblers.

Taking Barkley would definitely help the Giants be in position for a top pick again next year for sure. Making poor decisions with top draft picks can really help a bad team stay bad.

Then next year when they pick 1st overall, they can get the best punter at #1, then earn another top pick the following year. Do this until Manning finally leaves. Then they can start over completely and try to build a solid team.

Go Ramblers.

I don't think drafting Barkley would hurt the Giants. I think with Barkley they're in position to win 10+ games. That said, I think they're drafting Chubb.

Maybe they should take him? Not need.

Yes they should, because they need too.

They lack any since of a rb1, and Barkley can help create instead help, which would help Manning and that entire offence.

Go Ramblers.

I think they could be a playoff team with a player like Barkley

Wayne Gallman was drafted last year as was Davis Webb
Giants shound trade down a bit and take the pass rusher or trade down a bit mire and get one of the top o-linemen.

Combine those two and you still don't have a rb1.

Hey I know, together they don't make much this season is the point.

Gallman isn't a rb1 and won't be one

But hey one clown posted the Gmen should draft a punter.

I kind of hope the Giants draft Barkley. I am kind of rooting for the Browns to build up a good team. No fan base deserves to toil in misery for so long as they have.

So if the giants go RB at #2 then Chubb will most likely fall to the Browns. Then they get their favorite QB, and the best non QB player this year. Or maybe they even take the Notre Dame guard (who is the second best non QB in the draft this year) which is very cool. Wish the Bears could get him.

Go Ramblers. Final 4 coming up.

Yes they should, because they need too.

They lack any since of a rb1, and Barkley can help create instead help, which would help Manning and that entire offence.

Yeah, but it's not a need.

Yeah, but it's not a need.

He can make them a playoff team.

They indeed need him.

I think they could be a playoff team with a player like Barkley

And what without Barkley? The only position that is worth multiple extra wins is QB.

If the Giants are favored by 3 and Barkley randomly is out for the week, the ljne would hardly move. Maybe to 2.5.

Giants should start over and not around

And what without Barkley? The only position that is worth multiple extra wins is QB.

If the Giants are favored by 3 and Barkley randomly is out for the week, the ljne would hardly move. Maybe to 2.5.

Giants should start over and not ###### around

Dallas missed the playoffs last year solely because Elliott was out 6 games. There are some RB's who are legit difference makers.

If Lev Bell says "screw it" and retires, the Steelers will have a losing record. With him,they are a Super Bowl contender.

Dallas missed the playoffs last year solely because Elliott was out 6 games. There are some RB's who are legit difference makers.

If Lev Bell says "screw it" and retires, the Steelers will have a losing record. With him,they are a Super Bowl contender.

Dallas lost 3 of their first 5 games with Elliott playing. Those games count too. There is no way to tell that they would have made the playoffs if he wasn't suspended. Plus, the Dallas o-line was, and still is, light years ahead of the Giants..

Can't listen to non Giants fans about this upcoming draft. As a fan of the team, I think they cant make a bad choice here. QB, Barkley, Chubb, trade down. They were 3-13, but a year removed from 11 wins with a numbskull at the helm. They either get a big time player for now or build for the the future. I'm good either way. But the rest of you are going to dog them no matter what. Enjoy.

• Like 1

As a fan of the team, I think they cant make a bad choice here.

It's good to know that every year the top picks in the draft are a sure homerun no matter who gets picked.

Giants should start over and not ###### around

That's impossible for you to even know how much a line would move if the Gmen had Barkely and he missed a game.

That's a really silly post.

Thanks for the reply.

Proverbs 22:4

It's good to know that every year the top picks in the draft are a sure homerun no matter who gets picked.

You're a dumbass. I'm talking strategy, anyone can see that. But you got your unfunny, unoriginal quip in.

You're a dumbass. I'm talking strategy, anyone can see that. But you got your unfunny, unoriginal quip in.

Your strategy was, "they can't make a bad choice here". That is not true.

HT does your user name have anything to do with the musician Steve Earl?

Yes. Great song

Your strategy was, "they can't make a bad choice here". That is not true.

The strategy they employ won't be wrong. Of course the player can bust. That has to be said? Stop being a nuge

Can't listen to non Giants fans about this upcoming draft. As a fan of the team, I think they cant make a bad choice here. QB, Barkley, Chubb, trade down. They were 3-13, but a year removed from 11 wins with a numbskull at the helm. They either get a big time player for now or build for the the future. I'm good either way. But the rest of you are going to dog them no matter what. Enjoy.

They have the 2nd overall pick. Of course they are going to have multiple options of top players.

I still dont see why they wouldnt be huge into going QB. Unless they dont like Rosen. By all means if Darnold is the only guy they like and he goes 1st then don't take one.

But I don't buy this philosophy that they are contenders Nd Eli has mutiple good years left. Odell is a headcase. Eli is over the hill. And their defense is in decline. Obviously they have nice options outside of QB. They pick 2nd overall.

That's impossible for you to even know how much a line would move if the Gmen had Barkely and he missed a game.

That's a really silly post.

Thanks for the reply.

Proverbs 22:4

It isnt silly. I bet football and I have a feel of how much lines change over injury.

It wouldnt move much. QBs being out are the only ones who move the line a bunch.

Yeah actually when it comes too this issue of drafting Barkley I think your post was very silly.

Line moves, oh my soul please.

Move on now.

Psalm 126:5&6

The strategy they employ won't be wrong. Of course the player can bust. That has to be said? Stop being a nuge

They are 0-1 in playoff games over the past 6 years. Similar to a bunch of bad teams in the league. And that makes you perfectly content in their decision making and strategies? The team is a mess right now.

Ian Rappaport recently reported Beckham won't set foot on a football field unless he get's his new contract that he wants. So now the giants have a problem with him (on and off the field) as well as bad lines, old QB, no running game, etc. This team is not set up well.

Yeah actually when it comes too this issue of drafting Barkley I think your post was very silly.

Line moves, oh my soul please.

Move on now.

Psalm 126:5&6

No idea what you are talking about.

But the line would hardly move in 1 game. He being drafted doesnt automatically mean they will make the playoffs or win more games. No player other than QB swings it that much.

They are 0-1 in playoff games over the past 6 years. Similar to a bunch of bad teams in the league. And that makes you perfectly content in their decision making and strategies? The team is a mess right now.

Ian Rappaport recently reported Beckham won't set foot on a football field unless he get's his new contract that he wants. So now the giants have a problem with him (on and off the field) as well as bad lines, old QB, no running game, etc. This team is not set up well.

The moment they moved Flowers out of LT they improved. Considerably. They spent no money b/w 2012 and 2015 and had bad drafts. Their last draft class looks good and they added Ogltree to a good defense that had no LB's. None. Top shelf safety, CB and D line. Let's not act like there is no talent.