Sign in to follow this  
jnynmbs

Keeper Leagues

I am playing in a rookie keeper league, where you can keep 4 players one at each position. For drafting purposes the teams with keepers lose their last round draft picks. I feel that they should lose their early round picks to give other teams an opportunity to draft either keepers or other players. Anyone playing in a keeper league, I am wondering how your leagues are run. All opinions are welcome.

10 Team standard league. Running 15 years. We can keep up to 2 players. Players kept max of two times, so can have them 3 years total. Lose first and second rounders if keep both. It seems to work well, and seems to enable the talent to be spread around pretty evenly. We also just blind draw night of draft for order, so definitely makes for some decisions when deciding who to keep depending who's going back into the draft on a given year.

• Like 1

10 team ppr. Going on 10 years with the core members. 3 keepers max. Kept 2 rounds ahead of their draft spot. Free agent pickups can be kept for a 5th rd pick. Overall everyone likes it. I'd like to see the keepers at 5 max.

• Like 1

8 teams, 4 keepers. your keepers take your first four draft slots. It's a bit boring since you just keep your best players instead of your best value, and the guy that picked #1 this year is going to keep Barkley for his entire career, but it is what it is. I like jackjohn's way of doing it.

In my hockey league players are kept 1 round ahead of draft slot and you can't keep anyone drafted in first 3 rounds so the stars get cycled a bit.

• Like 1

I'm in 4 keeper leagues, no set amount on how many you can keep, just a minimum, with a small fee to keep more

One is an 8 team league, going strong since 2006, 8 keeper minimum, 12 max, 17 roster spots

Another one I joined in 2012 after the previous commissioner had run out with the money, 8 teams, 5 to 12 keepers with 9 being the neutral, no cost setting, 17 roster spots

Another is 8 teams with a 10 keeper minimum, no max, no fees to keep extra, big rosters with 23 spots. Limit of 10 FA adds during the season

The last one is another 8 team, with no minimum or max, you can drop or keep your entire team, no fees for keepers. 19 roster spots.

All 4 leagues the keepers are applied to the start of the draft. You keep an extra player you start in the 2nd round, you keep 2 extra, you start in the 3rd, etc.

I like it that way because owners can keep players or drop them to draft rookies.

The rookies are the main focus of the draft but there are plenty of interesting FAs available as well.

Makes a good draft balance.

It also makes rebuilding a team much, much, more feasible.

• Like 1