Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Jaylen Samuels a rb/te on yahoo....TE?

What platform do you use?

How are you going to enforce it?

yahoo. i already check starting rosters before kickoff of games so if theres any player this is an issue for (again, i expect this to be extremely rare and unlikely to be something to worry about week to week) i'll contact the owner so he can make changes.

yahoo. i already check starting rosters before kickoff of games so if theres any player this is an issue for (again, i expect this to be extremely rare and unlikely to be something to worry about week to week) i'll contact the owner so he can make changes.

each year there are players like this. Each year I go out of my way to find these players and roster them. It rarely ever works. For each Colston you get 20 Tavon Austin's. However that being said. That is part of the strategy of fantasy football and everyone has the chance to draft these players. Pay attention. Stay in the know and draft them instead of trying to block someone from using a strategy because you don't like it.

What happens if someone is actually a split end that is used as a TE/RB? What if samuals shows well and they use a 2 back set of Conor and Samuals with Samuals acting as a motion TE but also taking snaps? Would that be allowed under your communist system or is everything black and white in your world?

• Like 1

each year there are players like this. Each year I go out of my way to find these players and roster them. It rarely ever works. For each Colston you get 20 Tavon Austin's. However that being said. That is part of the strategy of fantasy football and everyone has the chance to draft these players. Pay attention. Stay in the know and draft them instead of trying to block someone from using a strategy because you don't like it.

What happens if someone is actually a split end that is used as a TE/RB? What if samuals shows well and they use a 2 back set of Conor and Samuals with Samuals acting as a motion TE but also taking snaps? Would that be allowed under your communist system or is everything black and white in your world?

look man, i'm only looking out for the most egregious of situations. like being able to start a qb in a wr/te/rb spot or a rb/qb in a te spot. how often has this happened in the last say, 20 years, where only one site had this mis-designation and the rest of the fantasy universe didn't? maybe twice (webb and samuels)? if you think its some great strategy to take advantage of platform errors and thats your path to hopeful victory, then i guess you can stay in your league and i'll stay in mine. after much open discussion all week my leaguemates are fine with this rule change going forward, its not some dictatorship.

I don't think it's difficult to police and it doesn't require going through every roster every game.

You don't even have many usable players with dual position eligibility, and when they come about it is widely known like Samuels

How do you feel about players who get points for kick return yardage and td’s ? Multi-position player that can add value. The more times a guy touches the ball, the more potential scoring he adds

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jaylen Samuels will get the "bulk of the carries" in Week 14 against the Raiders.

Samuels will start, with Stevan Ridley mixing in. He's in a great spot this week as the touch-favorite in a matchup with Oakland's league-worst defense. With James Conner (ankle) looking at a multi-game absence, Samuels' role as the lead back looks likely to extend beyond this week.

I saved my waiver pick for weeks for this to happen. First waiver pick. Took him and starting him. May the fantasy gods favor me moving forward.

U guys starting him over kittle at TE in ppr?

No, I started him at Flex over Ekeler. Kept Kittle in at TE, decided I didn't want to get all fancy pants.

He did not go apeshit last night but in my ppr he scored 15. Which was more than najoku

I would like to thank Yahoo for designating Samuels a TE. As a result, I am now for all practical purposes eliminated from the playoffs.

That extra 10 points he got instead of his normal TE was a killer for me. There still is a small chance I could win, but very unlikely. Thank you Yahoo for putting me out of my misery early this year. No more anxious Tuesday nights or Saturday nights or Sunday afternoons. Nothing but peace and tranquility .........thanks to my friends at Yahoo.

((((((Hugs)))))) and XXX going out to Yahoo.

I would like to thank Yahoo for designating Samuels a TE. As a result, I am now for all practical purposes eliminated from the playoffs.

That extra 10 points he got instead of his normal TE was a killer for me. There still is a small chance I could win, but very unlikely. Thank you Yahoo for putting me out of my misery early this year. No more anxious Tuesday nights or Saturday nights or Sunday afternoons. Nothing but peace and tranquility .........thanks to my friends at Yahoo.

((((((Hugs)))))) and XXX going out to Yahoo.

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...

I’m actually relieved....the last week took its toll on me and I’m dealing with personal matters, so God did me a favor. The irony too, had a Cook not scored that final td I actually may have won.

I’m actually relieved....the last week took its toll on me and I’m dealing with personal matters, so God did me a favor. The irony too, had a Cook not scored that final td I actually may have won.

Hoping everything works out personally. :cheers:

• Like 1

I would not have done so. However I was not lucky to land kittle. Or any other legit TE. I fell for the najoku is gonna be a good te fairy tail.

If I win this week. It is going to be because of this cheat code.

I was last in line to get him on waivers. No one picked him up.

Their fault.

If I win this week. It is going to be because of this cheat code.

I was last in line to get him on waivers. No one picked him up.

Their fault.

Sucks that I'm gonna have to roll with actual TE in the last week though. Connor will be back.

Sucks that I'm gonna have to roll with actual TE in the last week though. Connor will be back.

That's true although even if Samuels gets a handful of touches behind Conner he's still more valuable than a lot of TE's out there. Given his performance yesterday and Conner coming off injury, I would suspect Samuels to get some work.

not really the way the steelers operate though. he'll get a FEW touches. but they are one of the holdovers that actually believe in sticking to 1 guy because of feel for the game and getting into the flow and all that stuff

That's true although even if Samuels gets a handful of touches behind Conner he's still more valuable than a lot of TE's out there. Given his performance yesterday and Conner coming off injury, I would suspect Samuels to get some work.

not really the way the steelers operate though. he'll get a FEW touches. but they are one of the holdovers that actually believe in sticking to 1 guy because of feel for the game and getting into the flow and all that stuff

Agreed, Steelers usually operate with one workhorse but given the lack of TE options on the WW in a 14 team league at this time of year, I'd still feel more comfortable trotting out Samuels over the likes of Chris Herndon, Matt LaCosse, Gerald Everett, etc. If I'm lucky enough to make it to the championship next week, it's very possible I would start both Conner and Samuels and hope for a shootout with the Saints.

gotcha and understood

Agreed, Steelers usually operate with one workhorse but given the lack of TE options on the WW in a 14 team league at this time of year, I'd still feel more comfortable trotting out Samuels over the likes of Chris Herndon, Matt LaCosse, Gerald Everett, etc. If I'm lucky enough to make it to the championship next week, it's very possible I would start both Conner and Samuels and hope for a shootout with the Saints.

Yeah my other option is Cameron brate who I don't feel great about.

At the very least Conor could cede passing down touches to him that would result in more of the receiving numbers we saw 2 games ago.

not to be a broken record...but, while this is possible, it's not the steelers style

At the very least Conor could cede passing down touches to him that would result in more of the receiving numbers we saw 2 games ago.

They are still giving Conor the points as he has not been ruled out yet. I don't think I would start him over kelce. But I have najoku. Sooooo it's not even a question.