Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Melvin (Flash) Gordon recovers from Microfracture surgery

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660986/article/melvin-gordon-reportedly-had-microfracture-surgery

interesting development.

anyone taking a flyer on this guy in the later rounds?

Depends on his health at the time of my drafts .

Not a flyer on Gordon but it makes Woodhead a bit more interesting. Gordon is another Wisconsin back that benefited from a great run blocking OL and slower B10 defenses that didn't transition into the NFL.

He only rushed for above 4.5 yards per carry twice and didn't reach the endzone in an entire season. On top of that he gets pulled for Woodhead in two minute and hurry up offense packages. I just don't see any upside where I would want him on my bench or play him in a flex role.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660986/article/melvin-gordon-reportedly-had-microfracture-surgery

interesting development.

anyone taking a flyer on this guy in the later rounds?

I don't think he's going to be available in later rounds. With the Chargers not addressing the RB position in free agency or the draft, he's still penciled in to be a starter and plenty of fantasy owners will view him as a potential RB2.

I don't think he's going to be available in later rounds. With the Chargers not addressing the RB position in free agency or the draft, he's still penciled in to be a starter and plenty of fantasy owners will view him as a potential RB2.

Yeah, I figured he was draftable. Just not in the first 3-4 rounds.

Chargers offensive line is less than optimal. BIG mistake passing on Tunsil.

Stay stupid San Diego!

Well, the drafted a center (Tuerk) in the third round. he was considered to be among the best of the center's on the board. I'd like to think that this at least will help some as I think that was one of the problems on the line if I recall.

Clark (guard) picked late may also help some, but realistically, he's more likely to help next year than he is this year.

Chargers offensive line is less than optimal. BIG mistake passing on Tunsil.

Stay stupid San Diego!

It's got to be the worst in the league right.

Granted all my leagues are full point ppr....but I personally will be targeting Woodhead in all my drafts this year. He scores TD's and catches passes from a solid QB. What else can you ask for out of a RB you can draft in the mid to later mid rounds?

The only thing that could screw this up is Gordon getting hurt between now and ff draft day...otherwise I hope Gordon climbs up draft boards as the summer goes along.

No question in a ppr league you should rank woodhead over Gordon

No question in a ppr league you should rank woodhead over Gordon

I think in any format you rank Woodhead over Gordon. Surgery and another year of bad line play and the value position you get Woodhead at is all under consideration.

Yea you would be correct in ranking him in a non ppr league over Gordon also .

All my leagues are ppr so I think within that box .

He has looked better this past preseason than last year. .

I think he has a tough match up this week.

I don't see another Gordon thread.

What do you guys foresee for Gordon this year and this week vs KC?

You can start him with confidence, since he's sitting on my bench in both leagues I own him.

• Like 1

How many first round rookie RBs have flopped in the first year and gone on to have a good career?

I left him to others in my drafts.

How many first round rookie RBs have flopped in the first year and gone on to have a good career?

I left him to others in my drafts.

Didn't Knowshon Moreno?

I may be the lone Gordon believer. I drafted him in 2 of 3 leagues.

Here's why, he looked great in the pre season. I know, preseason certainly doesn't spell success. However, the things I look for are burst, cut ability and o-line push. Three things you can't really hide and all three were there.

With the addition of Turek, T Benjamin and K Allen healthy. This represents a great opportunity IMO. Benjamin is a burner that'll stretch the field. Allen in the intermediate and slants. Gates (who may be old but you still have to put a body on him) in the underneath and short passes. This is going to open up some running room.

Additionally, Woodhead is 31.

I'm not saying he's going to blow up, but at the price I paid, it's worth it. I am starting him this week in 1 league due to limited options, so crossing my fingers.

Just my 2 cents and probably worth a whole lot less.

• Like 1

I may be the lone Gordon believer.

Here's why, he looked great in the pre season. I know, preseason certainly doesn't spell success. However, the things I look for are burst, cut ability and o-line push. Three things you can't really hide and all three were there.

I'm not saying he's going to blow up, but at the price I paid, it's worth it. I am starting him this week in 1 league due to limited options, so crossing my fingers.

You are not alone. I went WR-WR-WR with my first three picks so after taking Langford I took Gordon. I saw his work in the pre-season and if I get burned so be it but I feel like he may do well this year. I do have him starting this week but am wavering on whether to put Langford in instead (Ware is my other starter).

If they fall behind Woodhead is going to play in the passing game a lot .

31 is not old for Woodhead.

Gordon as looked better this preseason , but I'm not sure I'm ready to start him and especially this week.

Happy to see him get in the end zone. Hopefully the era doesn't end after today...

I started him. Didn't want to draft him but that was the only upside starter left. Hoping he learned from an offseason training with Adrian Peterson. He's actually breaking multiple tackles today.

And of course after having him in my lineup all week I bench him this morning :doh: Still, good sign for the rest of the season considering where I drafted him.

Sat him for Foster... shouldn't have considering KC being dinged up at LB, but whatever

Sat him for Foster... shouldn't have considering KC being dinged up at LB, but whatever

Dinged up on the d line too.

Dinged up on the d line too.

Just dumb... JA, being a healthy scratch swayed me... I shouldn't even pay attention anymore

Gordon actually looking good and the Chargers take him completely out of the gameplan in the second half. That's why they stink.

Dude looked good. That offensive line is a beast, too. Plenty of work for Gordon and Woodhead.

I can't remember the last time this team put two halves together. They either start hot and collapse (see: today) or get down big time and still lose after Rivers gets them back in the game.

He looked good, the line looked good... and I'm trying to trade him. The loss of Allen and the continued crumminess of the D tell me Whiz is going to be yanking him and it will be frustrating.

He looked good, the line looked good... and I'm trying to trade him. The loss of Allen and the continued crumminess of the D tell me Whiz is going to be yanking him and it will be frustrating.

Yanking him? They had a big lead, he was plying well, and they stopped using him. I'm desperate to deal the guy.

I'm looking for w WR, since I lost Allen. I got a trade offer of J Matthews for Gordon straight up. Full point PPR too. I am seriously considering it.