Sign in to follow this  
Mr Pickles

Gov't Shut Down January 19th....Call it!

24 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Gov't Shut Down on Jan 19th?

• Nope, Trump Saves the Day
    • Yep, Dumbocrats demand open borders and amnesty for DACA
    • Stop Gap and kick the can down the road two more months
    • Other - Write In

This is easy, guys. The senators voted. It's on record who voted no. Plain and simple. Period. Democrats overwhelmingly votes no on the CR. They wanted DACA in the bill. They shut the government down over DACA and illegal immigrants. It's on record and a fact who voted no, and why.

bingo

I realize Im telling the truth about my current employment and my previous work in government. I realize you are utterly ignorant in most topics seenin this board and my life and employment history is just one more.

I realize you are a sad man who has been busted lying over and over in this board and has to try to insult others to make yourself feel better.

I have posted the facts about how we got to this point. I know some will soon this all in the democrats . That is foolish and they will be a small minority. I know some will blame it all in republicans. I believe there will be more of this (with a lot of that aimed at Trump). They are not completely correct either.

There is blame in both sides as they have kicked this down the road over and over again. Theoarty in power gets a majority from f the blame with the president taking the brunt of that at this time given the deals that were offered and declined. I believe this based upon n many things including my own feelings in DACA and the ramifications of letting it go.

How many people? In a board filled with far right conservatives...they can scream it all they want. Having that group tell me I am wrong doesnt make it so. I have facts in my side again.

TLDR

Actually more like dont care and dont believe

There are 3.6M 'DREAMers' — a number far greater than commonly known

The political debate over the fate of "DREAMers" — undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children — has overlooked just how many there are in the country today: about 3.6 million.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/01/18/there-3-5-m-dreamers-and-most-may-face-nightmare/1042134001/

A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak

I am glad to see you are finally admitting Obama was horrible

Much of the federal government should be shut down and power given back to the people

This is an opportunity to continue to drain the swamp!

• Like 1

There were shutdowns under your heroes Obama and Clinton.

my heroes?

All I did was post a direct quote of one Mr Donald Trump.

A shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the President is weak

Thank you for confirming that Obama was weak and had a lack of leadership because of the 2013 shutdown.

Thank you for confirming that Obama was weak and had a lack of leadership because of the 2013 shutdown.

Sure...Im sure Trump is all leadership now and Beas no blame though...right?

Does cdub and mdc have the same user pic/avatar?

Does cdub and mdc have the same user pic/avatar?

Yes. I'm actually MDCs alt account.

Lol, it looks similar on my cell phone but it's not the same. I'm cray.

I for one am shocked that master deal maker Don couldnt get something done.

Rome wasn't built in a day. The art of the deal takes time. The next 7 years of Prez Trump are going to be INCREDIBLE WINNING!

MAGA 4EVER!

4EVER WINNING!

WINNING IS GREAT!

TRUMP IS WINNING!

Other than the military not getting paid whats so bad about this? A bunch of moochers wont get a check?

Other than the military not getting paid whats so bad about this? A bunch of moochers wont get a check?

Apparently millions of people are dieing.

Is the Senate and Congress getting paid?

The senate and congress?

That aside...yes the house and senate are getting paid unless something changed.

Several democrats proposed a measure that would withhold payment during the shutbdown...it went about as anyone would expect.

Apparently millions of people are dieing.

Well, that's scary because there are only a few million people left on earth after most every one was killed by the Net Neutrality rollback that the left said was going to happen.

I used to vote democrat more so then republicans. Never again.

Eta: They put illegal aliens and illegal immigrants in front of actual American citizens. Fock them and fock that.

Eta: They put illegal aliens and illegal immigrants in front of actual American citizens. Fock them and fock that.

all for votes, scumbags

Why wont McConnell allow the military to be paid?

Why are Pence and Trump out blaming democrats for not takin care of the military?

It was a Democrat who proposed to keep them paid...(just as happened in 2013....congress then and Obama made sure the military was paid).

Any right wing posters able to actually criticize republicans on this?

Yup, pretty disgusting.

Ditto. Shameless hacks, but the American people know the score. Schumer and his ilk are looking out for democrats. President Trump is looking out for Americans.

They up yet again with their strategy. Now they are trying to figure out how to save face without giving in to the Rs.

Why are Pence and Trump out blaming democrats for not takin care of the military?

It was a Democrat who proposed to keep them paid...(just as happened in 2013....congress then and Obama made sure the military was paid).

McConnell is a pile of and needs to keel over on the floor of congress just like Feinstein and Pelosi. Newly elected reps and senators need to walk by and kick them in the head and say 'stay dead you fucktards, now lets get to work'.

You must know by now that everyone blames the other party. If they have been around long enough, they are caught in their hypocrisy like Pelosi has with her BS about the $1000 bonuses where in 2008 or 2009 iirc she said an extra $50 a paycheck is nice for the average worker.

It's grandstanding at it's finest. They military will still get paid Feb 1st. Their next check would be the 15th or so. That one wouldn't get paid unless the shutdown ends by then. So technically they have 20 plus days to get this resolved before the military wouldn't get paid.

She's using her proposal as a "one upsmanship" type "look at me" us democrats want to pay the military! When in reality, they have 20+ days before the military wouldn't get paid. It's a proposal for the uniformed. They should be working on a way to end the shutdown, instead of playing games like she is. It's transparent and pathetic.

They ###### up yet again with their strategy. Now they are trying to figure out how to save face without giving in to the Rs.

McConnell is a pile of ###### and needs to keel over on the floor of congress just like Feinstein and Pelosi. Newly elected reps and senators need to walk by and kick them in the head and say 'stay dead you fucktards, now lets get to work'.

You must know by now that everyone blames the other party. If they have been around long enough, they are caught in their hypocrisy like Pelosi has with her BS about the $1000 bonuses where in 2008 or 2009 iirc she said an extra $50 a paycheck is nice for the average worker.

I know everyone blames the other party.

I also know as of now th Democrats seem to have the advantage of public opinion.

I also know blaming the other party when the facts are the opposite (in this case of military pay) should be hammered but the DNC are focking up the chance with this.

I know everyone blames the other party.

I also know as of now th Democrats seem to have the advantage of public opinion.

I also know blaming the other party when the facts are the opposite (in this case of military pay) should be hammered but the DNC are focking up the chance with this.

That's hard to be sure about. I mean all their polls had Hillarity winning. She thought she was going to win but the people who kept silent, came out and put her in her rightful place. I would suspect the same next round. Ds will probably pick up seats. it always goes back and forth. D supporters tend to be more vocal. R supporters tend to sit quiet until its time to vote.

Indys such as I decide who wins.

Both parties are full of stupid but the Ds have the lead right now and are showcasing their skills.

That's hard to be sure about. I mean all their polls had Hillarity winning. She thought she was going to win but the people who kept silent, came out and put her in her rightful place. I would suspect the same next round. Ds will probably pick up seats. it always goes back and forth. D supporters tend to be more vocal. R supporters tend to sit quiet until its time to vote.

Indys such as I decide who wins.

Both parties are full of stupid but the Ds have the lead right now and are showcasing their skills.

Once again...the national polling was accurate within the margin of error (and close as far as percentage of overall vote)

Writing off all polls because of that election and a lack of understanding of statistics is unwise.

As far as party of stupid and the ads have the lead...that is hardly the case given the ineptness of Trump McConnel and Ryan.

Though...the ads are stupid for not hammering them on several things right now.

I am actually being affected by the shutdown and I'm not angry. I won't get paid at all during this time and no retroactive pay. However, I want these politicians to do their job. If it means I have to be careful with my spending, then so be it. I'm certainly not rich. I just think all of this fake outrage is ridiculous.

I am actually being affected by the shutdown and I'm not angry. I won't get paid at all during this time and no retroactive pay. However, I want these politicians to do their job. If it means I have to be careful with my spending, then so be it. I'm certainly not rich. I just think all of this fake outrage is ridiculous.

It's NOT fake outrage, you dimwitted dolt!

The dumbocrats are willing to shut down government because they want open borders, illegal immigration and endless AMNESTY. If we don't build the wall, end chain migration and the lottery visa program there will always be millions of illegal aliens in the country.

Build the Wall!

End Chain Migration!

Stop Visa Diversity Lottery!

Vote Republican to SAVE AMERICA!!!!

I can't just show up in Switzerland and expect to be treated like a citizen. There are rules and they apply to me just as much as anyone else. It's a risk to remain illegal in a country for decades. Anyway, I just don't know enough about the subject to debate it. Let the people I voted for battle it out for me.

I can't just show up in Switzerland and expect to be treated like a citizen. There are rules and they apply to me just as much as anyone else. It's a risk to remain illegal in a country for decades. Anyway, I just don't know enough about the subject to debate it. Let the people I voted for battle it out for me.

If you voted Democrat, then those people aren't battling it out for you at all. They are battling for votes. You don't figure into the equation. Think about that - they are battling for the rights of illegal immigrants over the rights of US Citizens.

If you voted Democrat, then those people aren't battling it out for you at all. They are battling for votes. You don't figure into the equation. Think about that - they are battling for the rights of illegal immigrants over the rights of US Citizens.

They figure in during the election. Lots of promises, platitudes and homage to civil rights leaders. Then ignore them, like they do to white working class people.

Mulvaney: Trump won't 'weaponize' shutdown like Obama team did

White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney tried Sunday to calm Americans’ fears about the government shutdown, vowing those going to work Monday won’t see a “dramatic difference” because President Trump isn’t trying to “weaponize” the situation like the Obama administration did in 2013.

“The effects won’t actually be as visible as they were as in 2013,” Mulvaney told “Fox News Sunday.” “Keep in mind that in 2013, the only way I can describe it, was the Obama administration chose to weaponize the shutdown. They wanted it to be showy. They went out of their way to hurt more people and to be more visible.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/21/mulvaney-trump-wont-weaponize-shutdown-like-obama-team-did.html

Mulvaney: Trump won't 'weaponize' shutdown like Obama team did

White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney tried Sunday to calm Americans’ fears about the government shutdown, vowing those going to work Monday won’t see a “dramatic difference” because President Trump isn’t trying to “weaponize” the situation like the Obama administration did in 2013.

“The effects won’t actually be as visible as they were as in 2013,” Mulvaney told “Fox News Sunday.” “Keep in mind that in 2013, the only way I can describe it, was the Obama administration chose to weaponize the shutdown. They wanted it to be showy. They went out of their way to hurt more people and to be more visible.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/21/mulvaney-trump-wont-weaponize-shutdown-like-obama-team-did.html

100% true.

I just received guidance to distribute to my team. Treat tomorrow as if it's a normal day. Everyone will report to work and we will continue mission.

100% true.

I just received guidance to distribute to my team. Treat tomorrow as if it's a normal day. Everyone will report to work and we will continue mission.

Other than the commercials and Trump and Pence both out proclaiming (falsely) thatbthe Democrats dont want to pay the military?

How have they not weaponizing it? Trump out calling for nuclear option.

You all loved being lied to by your boys

No conservative even want to try?