Sign in to follow this  
Oriole8159

DAVID JOHNSON HURT

Good points....I will add that DJ is on my keeper league team and one thing that swayed me to keep him this year in a ppr league over Deandre Hopkins....I know I know it looks like the easy choice now but wasn't in August. What swayed me was his Faith in God, i.e. doubt he will be running the roads and boozing it up in da Club. His Family Life....Married with a kid on the way...Humble beyond belief....Arians said he is very grounded and always wants to get better.

With Social Media these days we can study up and see what is important to our players when they are not on the field. Hopkins seems to be a good guy too but I tell ya DJ twitter page. "Just trust Jesus" was a clincher for me when choosing two similar players.

Great guy it seems, works in the Community, need more guys like him.

We do. DJ is a guy kids could look up to for his off the field work, not just because he is the best running back in the NFL.

I will have to decide if Johnson is worth a steep price tag. I got him for $55/$250 budget in my auction keeper. His price goes up to $66. I still think it's worth it so long as I offset him with a minimum keeper contract guy like Rishard Matthews, Tyrell Williams, Prescott, Malcom Mitchell, or Devante Adams who each carry a cost of $2.

I agree with your general premise, but this makes me a little more nervous to draft him next year. Hyperextensions/sprains often leads to tears.

Opinion