Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

Jamaal Charles

what's the word on Charles in camp?

He should be there for most folks in round 2, i wonder if he's worth the risk. If he's look pre-injury, i might roll the dice on him.

He might have a good year, but round 2 might be a reach. I'd rather go with a guy in round 2 that is more apt to get a bugger chunk of their team's carries.

With the injury questions and the addition of Peyton Hillis and those implications, I would just guess there might be someone else that might be a "safer" pick that early.

I think overall the Chiefs will be more effective at moving the ball. I think Eric Winston will make a huge difference in both the passing and running games, and I think the Chiefs have enough receiving threats to keep teams honest. I just don't know that we'll see 2010 type numbers from Charles this year. But hey, what do I know?

He doesnt get enough carries. I'd probably take a guy like Bradshaw over him, less upside but a higher ceiling.

I always thought Bradshaw had the lower risk but the higher floor.... ;)

I'm buying on Charles this year.

Yes there is the injury concern, BUT it happened very early in the year and he's still young enough to recover quickly.

Yes there's Peyton Hillis, but Charles was productive when Thomas Jones was getting more carries.

I just don't see many other safe RB options around where Charles is going.

Bradshaw? You kidding me? The guy's feet are falling apart. Adrian Peterson is a much greater injury concern given that his knee blew up much later in the season. SJax has 2,500 career carries. FJax is 31 and coming off a lesser injury of his own. Sproles probably peaked last year.

We will have to wait and see. So long as he physically recovers and does not regress in those other areas that limited his field time then he is a top 3 RB this year. I am taking him where I can because I believe he has progressed to the point where he will be an every down back now.

I thought it usually took 2 seasons before a player was fully back from an ACL. Does anyone have any history on other players that have come back from this injury in a year and performed well? I would think a player like Charles (relys on quickness and sharp moves) would need more time.

I thought it usually took 2 seasons before a player was fully back from an ACL. Does anyone have any history on other players that have come back from this injury in a year and performed well? I would think a player like Charles (relys on quickness and sharp moves) would need more time.

Depends on the player - the comeback playing wise is a mental thing. McCallister actually had a better year AFTER his ACL..

Depends on the player - the comeback playing wise is a mental thing. McCallister actually had a better year AFTER his ACL..

:thumbsup:

chiefs offense looks sharp in first drive against the cards. Both Hillis and Charles are running the ball well. Charles looks like he hasn't missed a beat. Nice little TD pass to Hillis from Cassel to finish off the drive.

Chiefs 2012: Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names

Chiefs 2012: Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names

Could very well be.

I'm gonna target Charles and Hillis, so long as the price remains right on both.

The price for Charles is typically the second round. Is that the right price for you? It is definitely too steep for me.

The price for Charles is typically the second round. Is that the right price for you? It is definitely too steep for me.

+1

I personally think the value pick here is Hillis. ADP is great value. I'm seeing Charles going 2-3 rounds & Hillis is usually there 7-9 rounds later.

+1

I personally think the value pick here is Hillis. ADP is great value. I'm seeing Charles going 2-3 rounds & Hillis is usually there 7-9 rounds later.

Hillis will not stay in the 7-9 range long, so his 'value' is looking more fluid. Great in the 7th, not so much in the 5th (which is where I expect him to be going in a couple weeks).

Great to see Charles take a hit to the hurt knee and bounce back up though.

Second round? No. But if he falls into the third round (happening in plenty of mocks I've done), then yes. I like that kind of upside in a third round pick.