Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

US Navy Ship Entering Korean Peninsula

Carriers don't travel alone. Therefore a carrier task force traveling anywhere is not necessarily a sign of aggression.

way to completely miss the point.

Seriously. Say thanks Sho, quit being a ###### for once.

Yeah...such a for not wanting more of our men and women to be sent to die. You're right...war is awesome.

Yeah...such a ###### for not wanting more of our men and women to be sent to die. You're right...war is awesome.

Has it ever crossed your mind that these men and women are true patriots and they believe in something bigger than themselves? That is why they have no problem doing this day-after-day.

And I am sorry, we are not sending them to die, that is the mindset of a loser, we are sending them in to kick some Korean a$$.

Has it ever crossed your mind that these men and women are true patriots and they believe in something bigger than themselves? That is why they have no problem doing this day-after-day.

And I am sorry, we are not sending them to die, that is the mindset of a loser, we are sending them in to kick some Korean a$$.

Boo-ya. But Shoflake knows best. He knows what's in these warriors minds and hearts. Hey sweetie, they don't need you looking out for them. It's the other way around.

Yay war!!! You prove me right about what a moron you are each time you post.

It's not patriotic to think war with NK is a good idea.

Sho you just don't get it. Sit down little buddy and let me school you on a few things.

War is not awesome. I've seen it first hand how terrible it is. The injuries I've had come in and the people I've seen die are not "awesome". It is horrible. Downright frightening. When I was over in Afghanistan with the army was I scared? Hell fockin yea I was scared. Scared sh1tless. The difference is I didn't cower and hide in the safety of my house. I actually got out there. So no war is not "awesome". It is horrible. However, there are times when you must act on it to prevent an even worse massacre. That goes for NK. You think their leader is going to be sitting around forever not doing anything but threatening the US? No his head is already too big as it is (remember he doesn't even poo). His head will continue to swell until he believes he can take on the US and will try to do so (he's even said so). So I see no problem with trying to take him out beforto he acts on it

Digby schooling Shoflake once again.

Yay war!!! You prove me right about what a moron you are each time you post.

Yay war? I'm not happy, but I understand there is a job that needs to be done. (also I know that you don't understand anything about "jobs" so this is pointless for me, but I'm bored)

Also, try not to chip a nail on the keyboard, sweetheart.

I do recall this run cadence from my time in Ft. Benning.

"Infantry what do we pray for?!"

"Pray for war! Pray for war!!"

Chanted at the top of your lungs by 50 young men while all running in time.

😢

I keep asking what the actual objective of facing off with NK is - all I get is "to kick some NK a$$!" :dunno:

Do people really think KIm Jong-un gives a fock if Trump parks a carrier group outside his front door? The thing about a show of force, you have to be willing to use it... I don't believe NK believes Trump has the balls the actually fire on them - thus, I don't think they will stop with their missile tests... It's one thing to launch a bunch of cruise missiles at an abandoned airstrip with advanced warning - and launch on a crazed dictator with Chinese ties and a nuclear arsenal of his own.

I keep asking what the actual objective of facing off with NK is - all I get is "to kick some NK a$$!" :dunno:

Do people really think KIm Jong-un gives a fock if Trump parks a carrier group outside his front door? The thing about a show of force, you have to be willing to use it... I don't believe NK believes Trump has the balls the actually fire on them - thus, I don't think they will stop with their missile tests... It's one thing to launch a bunch of cruise missiles at an abandoned airstrip with advanced warning - and launch on a crazed dictator with Chinese ties and a nuclear arsenal of his own.

I guess you keep missing the part of the news where it's reported NK keeps doing missile launches into the Japanese sea.

Yay war? I'm not happy, but I understand there is a job that needs to be done. (also I know that you don't understand anything about "jobs" so this is pointless for me, but I'm bored)

Also, try not to chip a nail on the keyboard, sweetheart.

You don't understand anything at all is what you prove in a daily basis.

I guess you keep missing the part of the news where it's reported NK keeps doing missile launches into the Japanese sea.

Nope, heard plenty on Fox about it....... But again - what's the objective? Launch a few Tomahawks on Pyongyang, attack some air fields, put troops on the ground, oust Kim Jong?

I agree NK is a problem, and a scary one. But is Trump's plan to go Cowboy Wild West, try and intimidate - or actually drop the hammer? Like I said, a show of force is only a threat if you're actually willing to use it... And if he does - dear God, what will we have done? NK is no Syria.

Nope, heard plenty on Fox about it....... But again - what's the objective? Launch a few Tomahawks on Pyongyang, attack some air fields, put troops on the ground, oust Kim Jong?

I agree NK is a problem, and a scary one. But is Trump's plan to go Cowboy Wild West, try and intimidate - or actually drop the hammer? Like I said, a show of force is only a threat if you're actually willing to use it... And if he does - dear God, what will we have done? NK is no Syria.

Maybe he should be more like Obama and try and solve it through diplomacy, like when Obama got rid of the chemical weapons in Syria by asking nice.

Maybe he should be more like Obama and try and solve it through diplomacy, like when Obama got rid of the chemical weapons in Syria by asking nice.

When you can come up with something besides Obama cries, let me know.... Till then I will keep looking for somebody with to give me an honest answer as to what our objective is facing off with NK... Something besides the frat-house "kick some ass!" answer that is.

HT wins again.

When you can come up with something besides Obama cries, let me know.... Till then I will keep looking for somebody with to give me an honest answer as to what our objective is facing off with NK... Something besides the frat-house "kick some ass!" answer that is.

We need to nip this entire NK having nukes thing in the but before it actually becomes a problem.

We need to nip this entire NK having nukes thing in the but before it actually becomes a problem.

Is that so hard to figure out? Hey Cruzer, we're doing things different now. Accept it.

Stop their development of nuclear weapons and ICBMs would be my guess

Obummer made a fool of himself by making chemical weapons out to be a red line when he had no intention of doing anything. Trump is making a fool of himself but pretending to do something about Syria / NK when he has no intention of actually going to war with either country.

Unless he does. In which case he's a fvcking moron. At least the NASCAR crowd gets to feel rough on the taxpayer dime though.

Okay, I'm with you - something needs to be done............. But is the plan to go rogue, Cowboy-up, actually launch on Pyongyang - send fighters and bombers into NK?

Call it poosay or whatever you want - that idea scares the bajeebus out of me. What's going to be the fallout from China? What's that crazy fock Jong-un going to do? How do those neighboring countries feel about us provoking NK?

Obummer made a fool of himself by making chemical weapons out to be a red line when he had no intention of doing anything. Trump is making a fool of himself but pretending to do something about Syria / NK when he has no intention of actually going to war with either country.

Unless he does. In which case he's a fvcking moron. At least the NASCAR crowd gets to feel rough on the taxpayer dime though.

Bingo!

Just like the enviros got to pretend for 8 years they were saving the world on the taxpayer dime.

Is that so hard to figure out? Hey Cruzer, we're doing things different now. Accept it.

Going rogue, attacking countries before being fired on, countries with powerful friends and nuclear capabilities of their own - that's the new plan?

Okay, I'm with you - something needs to be done............. But is the plan to go rogue, Cowboy-up, actually launch on Pyongyang - send fighters and bombers into NK?

Call it poosay or whatever you want - that idea scares the bajeebus out of me. What's going to be the fallout from China? What's that crazy fock Jong-un going to do? How do those neighboring countries feel about us provoking NK?

Right. Let's negotiate with a guy who hit 16 holes in one and hangs out with Dennis Rodman. His about we park our navy close by and then have a discussion?

Right. Let's negotiate with a guy who hit 16 holes in one and hangs out with Dennis Rodman. His about we park our navy close by and then have a discussion?

Are you prepared to follow thru, I mean really follow thru with all of it then? Troops on the ground - full scale if needed?

Are you prepared to follow thru, I mean really follow thru with all of it then? Troops on the ground - full scale if needed?

There are already troops on the ground on the s/n Korean border, have been for some time. And yeah, if he keeps launching his missles and wants to play, he needs a few hurled back at him. It's the new style

Our troops are already there and have been for 60+ years

There are already troops on the ground on the s/n Korean border, have been for some time. And yeah, if he keeps launching his missles and wants to play, he needs a few hurled back at him. It's the new style

You would know more than me - but I sure hope we have the capabilities to knock ALL of NKs nukes out of the air when he launches them... Bcoz unlike Iraq and Syria - this crazy focker actually can reach us once he sees us marching in.

Our troops are already there and have been for 60+ years

Being there and marching into Pyongyang are 2 different things.. I'm talking about troops on the ground and actually marching thru the streets of NK - not S. Korea.

You would know more than me - but I sure hope we have the capabilities to knock ALL of NKs nukes out of the air when he launches them... Bcoz unlike Iraq and Syria - this crazy focker actually can reach us once he sees us marching in.

What's the alrernative? Let him keep testing and perfecting their use? Or put a stop to it and hope someone with sense in NK puts a bullet in his head? Maybe get China to get their dog to heel?

• Like 1

Because you are acting from the safety of your computer while advocating sending thousands to die. That isnt tough...it's idiotic.

NK has been rattling their sabres for years. It's what they do.

You ungrateful little .

Being there and marching into Pyongyang are 2 different things.. I'm talking about troops on the ground and actually marching thru the streets of NK - not S. Korea.

That's the easy part after our navy and Air Force prep it.

By nature, my reaction is to want to launch a thousand missiles at North Korea and wipe their entire country off the map. They are basically the world's internet troll. And their harmless trolling is now advancing to a point where they are getting close to having weapons and transport systems capable of doing damage to the U.S. The fact that they're not there yet gives us a little extra cockiness when dealing with them. The problem, obviously, is that they are very capable of doing damage to South Korea, China, Japan, etc. Anything we do to slap that little fat mongoloid on the nose, puts millions in immediate danger. Millions of citizens from ally countries. It is a super delicate situation. And to add to that, their leader is not a logical man. He doesn't think like most people. Hard telling what that lunatic is willing to risk.

It's fun arguing this stuff on message boards. But the reality of it is, none of us have any clue what the best approach is. This is where we sit back and trust that our generals and military officials understand the ramifications of being aggressive with them. One reassuring thing is that John McCain said that this current military defense/security team is as fine as any he's ever seen. And that means something coming from McCain. He can't stand Trump and thinks he's as big of a buffoon as I do. So he wouldn't just make that statement to pat the administration on the back.

• Like 2

That's the easy part after our navy and Air Force prep it.

Do you think China will intervene, either then, or even later?

This is the key. Whatever move we make, we need to make sure that China is on board first.

They will, that's the hard part

What's the alrernative? Let him keep testing and perfecting their use? Or put a stop to it and hope someone with sense in NK puts a bullet in his head? Maybe get China to get their dog to heel?

That is a good question.. As Mung said though - it's not like this is new, NK has nukes that can reach us already. So it isn't like we are hoping to prevent that from happening by attacking now.

I guess at the end of the day, if I had to pick, I'd be much happier with this Jong-un idiot getting his kicks thru missile testing - than him launching them (for real) on us... I'd also feel better if we had more global support. China scares me.

The people over in Korea see first hand what kind of danger he is. So they would rather go ahead and kill him than him end up getting cocky and popping off a few nukes. Hell I volunteered to go to Korea for an assignment (main reason was after your year there you get a follow up wherever you wanted) but didn't get it cause my current unit was too undermanned and couldn't afford to let anyone leave

From what I have read it is sepeculation, not fact, that NK has the capability of reaching the US with a missle loaded with nuclear war heads.